• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If we execute the Prince and #19 pick trade...we can take him there? 

@NBASupes where is he slotted in the draft?

It seems like that deal will never happen. I can't go into details for anything Brooklyn right now but yeah. It's gonna be hard for us to move up into the lottery outside of our #6 pick without a major trade of player being moved. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I can confirm the Hawks have been aggressive in trying to move up into the 2nd round for a PG. 

How high are we looking to go. These are the teams with 2 2nd rounders in the top of the 2nd round.

Sixers have #34 and #36 - we can take Mike Scott and/or Zaire Smith ($8 million (5 and 3)) along with one of these 2nds to help them with their tax bill

Pelicans have #39 and #42

Kings have #35 and #43

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, terrell said:

I dont believe we'll take a pg at #6, BUT he's the best p&r pg in the draft imo..How does he not fit? 

Can he play the 2 long term?? Maybe occasionally but that’s not his permanent position.

with young here I don’t see how Hayes can reach his true potential and I didn’t even mention cam who is our 2 long term.

1 hour ago, Dean Walker said:

Can he play the 2 long term?? Maybe occasionally but that’s not his permanent position.

with young here I don’t see how Hayes can reach his true potential and I didn’t even mention cam who is our 2 long term.

I think, if you conceptualize in a position-agnostic frame of reference, it's easier to grasp the positive outcomes of a Young/Hayes pairing.  You like the podcast-nerd words I used to make me sound smart?

I think we want someone that can facilitate Young off-ball as well as someone capable of running the offense when he sits.  Hayes hits these marks excellently.

Additionally, we want someone who can defend on the ball.  Hayes isn't considered an elite defensive prospect, but has shown the ability to guard his man, has improved in that area, and has a stout physical makeup.  This is where he separates from Haliburton, for me.

Could there come a time where a guy like Hayes would "want his own team"?  Sure, we'd hope so.  Then he becomes an instant primo trade chip.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I think, if you conceptualize in a position-agnostic frame of reference, it's easier to grasp the positive outcomes of a Young/Hayes pairing.  You like the podcast-nerd words I used to make me sound smart?

I think we want someone that can facilitate Young off-ball as well as someone capable of running the offense when he sits.  Hayes hits these marks excellently.

Additionally, we want someone who can defend on the ball.  Hayes isn't considered an elite defensive prospect, but has shown the ability to guard his man, has improved in that area, and has a stout physical makeup.  This is where he separates from Haliburton, for me.

Could there come a time where a guy like Hayes would "want his own team"?  Sure, we'd hope so.  Then he becomes an instant primo trade chip.

Fair enough but if we were to take Hayes that would bump cam up to the 3 and idk how I’d feel about that.

but I can definitely talk myself into taking Hayes.

3 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

Can he play the 2 long term?? Maybe occasionally but that’s not his permanent position.

Hopefully we dont need a longterm 2 with Cam and Huerter. already on the team. We need a backup pg and a secondary ball handler who can play with Trae at times.... If hes great we can use him for trade bait in the future... But like I said before, we wont take a pg at 6 imo..I see us going wing,(Deni/Okoro) or Big(Okungwu/Toppin), or trade the pick for a vet.

If you want a potential longterm 2, Id trade down a few spots for Vassel..

Just now, terrell said:

Hopefully we dont need a longterm 2 with Cam and Huerter. already on the team. We need a backup pg and a secondary ball handler who can play with Trae at times.... If hes great we can use him for trade bait in the future... But like I said before, we wont take a pg at 6 imo..I see us going wing,(Deni/Okoro) or Big(Okungwu/Toppin), or trade the pick for a vet.

If you want a potential longterm 2, Id trade down a few spots for Vassel..

With that said, Cam might be our future SF, if they see Hunter as our future PF....lol

Honestly, we could draft for any position. 

PG - Because we need a backup to Trae but it might be better to move up in the 2nd and get a 3rd stringer and stick with JT as a backup. 

SG - Because you can never have too many wings

SF - We clearly need someone who can play and guard big wings outside of Hunter. 

PF - We need a backup PF and JC contract is expiring so it would help us with leverage for a good deal. 

C - Outside of Capela, do we have an special center behind him. No but Dedmon is good and Fernando has talent so this is the least likely but it's not out of the question. If Big O is who you want, I don't see anyone stopping him from us taking him on this roster. Wiseman has potential so we will see. 

On 9/21/2020 at 8:05 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

How high are we looking to go. These are the teams with 2 2nd rounders in the top of the 2nd round.

Sixers have #34 and #36 - we can take Mike Scott and/or Zaire Smith ($8 million (5 and 3)) along with one of these 2nds to help them with their tax bill

Pelicans have #39 and #42

Kings have #35 and #43

IDK. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, we could draft for any position. 

PG - Because we need a backup to Trae but it might be better to move up in the 2nd and get a 3rd stringer and stick with JT as a backup. 

SG - Because you can never have too many wings

SF - We clearly need someone who can play and guard big wings outside of Hunter. 

PF - We need a backup PF and JC contract is expiring so it would help us with leverage for a good deal. 

C - Outside of Capela, do we have an special center behind him. No but Dedmon is good and Fernando has talent so this is the least likely but it's not out of the question. If Big O is who you want, I don't see anyone stopping him from us taking him on this roster. Wiseman has potential so we will see. 

IDK. 

Good spot to be in.

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Two things that are facts. Kentucky hiding their prospects abilities and Duke not developing shit. Tyler Herro and Cam Reddish should have been top 10 picks. Tyler Herro is like a modern Mark Price

We couldve had both + pick 17...You think Hunter will be worth it?

Just now, terrell said:

We couldve had both + pick 17...You think Hunter will be worth it?

I doubt Schlenk even looked at Herro being 6'6 witha 6'3 wingspan. He probably wanted length around Trae..But yeah. Herro can ball..

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

NBA GMs are way too enamored by measurables. Skill and BBIQ are more important.

He obviously likes skill and BBIQ to because Trae Huerter and Collins have no length at all..

Just now, terrell said:

He obviously likes skill and BBIQ to because Trae Huerter and Collins have no length at all..

"too"

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Two things that are facts. Kentucky hiding their prospects abilities and Duke not developing shit. Tyler Herro and Cam Reddish should have been top 10 picks. Tyler Herro is like a modern Mark Price

So we should trade down for Maxey, and then take Quickley in the 2nd? lol

• Like 1