• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

BBIQ and offensive versatility like Kevin. I don't think the Hawks want him as bad as some of the beats and writers want to believe. There is still a lot of support for Jeff Teague within the organization. They really liked how Jeff ran the offense and they would like to get him even more PT in 2020. That said, Hali has some off-ball potential as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

BBIQ and offensive versatility like Kevin. I don't think the Hawks want him as bad as some of the beats and writers want to believe. There is still a lot of support for Jeff Teague within the organization. They really liked how Jeff ran the offense and they would like to get him even more PT in 2020. That said, Hali has some off-ball potential as well. 

Yeah, he does, but I don't see the creation factor there with him.  I guess they are going to rely on Cam for that?  

It's another reason I'm high on Hayes, I beleive he will be able to create for others.  Hali, from what I've seen will struggle with that in the NBA.  He's a great passer though and def has a high IQ.  I also have concerns about his frame and that funky shot, but if it goes in it goes in.

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, he does, but I don't see the creation factor there with him.  I guess they are going to rely on Cam for that?  

It's another reason I'm high on Hayes, I beleive he will be able to create for others.  Hali, from what I've seen will struggle with that in the NBA.  He's a great passer though and def has a high IQ.  I also have concerns about his frame and that funky shot, but if it goes in it goes in.

I am much higher on Hali than that but that said, both Hali and Hayes have work to do but both should be day 1 players. I think both will create for others well. I just believe in Hali shot more and offensive versatility a lot more. His scoring is limited and doesn't have the potential of Hayes but it's not terrible either. I like both players a lot. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am much higher on Hali than that but that said, both Hali and Hayes have work to do but both should be day 1 players. I think both will create for others well. I just believe in Hali shot more and offensive versatility a lot more. His scoring is limited and doesn't have the potential of Hayes but it's not terrible either. I like both players a lot. 

It may seem like I'm down on Hali, but I wouldn't be upset with him.  To me, Hayes'  size and defense makes the difference for me.  This team def needs more defense and if all things turn out equal, Hayes size is the trump card for me. 

Re: Edwards I guess the below is what you've been referring to. 

If he's there at six...I might have to gamble and take him...lol

Edited by marco102

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It may seem like I'm down on Hali, but I wouldn't be upset with him.  To me, Hayes'  size and defense makes the difference for me.  This team def needs more defense and if all things turn out equal, Hayes size is the trump card for me. 

Re: Edwards I guess the below is what you've been referring too. 

Great chance he will not be there at 6. 

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, I agree.  I'd literally go insane if somehow two of Edwards, Lamelo, or Hayes are there at six.  Those are my top three guys. 

Just seeing how things are going right now, there is a chance none will be available at 6. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

So its probably Okoro, Okungwu, Toppin, or Haliburton if we stay at 6?

Probably

I would lean Okoro then Toppin based on what I am hearing. 

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Or We can get Vassel, Williams, or Nesmith + an asset a little later..

Probably

I would lean Nesmith based on what I am hearing. 

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Probably

I would lean Okoro then Toppin based on what I am hearing. 

Probably

I would lean Nesmith based on what I am hearing. 

I can see LP loving Okoro..Hes a better version of Bembry..lol

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

Re: Edwards I guess the below is what you've been referring to. 

Haliburton size scared me off him.  I feel it negates everything he can be on both sides of the ball.

Those concerns on Edwards are what I've been saying for months.  I'm through railing against it, just interesting to see it in print now.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Haliburton size scared me off him.  I feel it negates everything he can be on both sides of the ball.

Those concerns on Edwards are what I've been saying for months.  I'm through railing against it, just interesting to see it in print now.

I don't know if those are legit concerns about Edwards or not  We're dinging a 19 year old for 'not having won at any level'?   UGA wasn't very good but were .500 and seemed much better than the year before because of ant.  He did win in high school although not sure he was in a very competitive environment.

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't know if those are legit concerns about Edwards or not  We're dinging a 19 year old for 'not having won at any level'?   UGA wasn't very good but were .500 and seemed much better than the year before because of ant.  He did win in high school although not sure he was in a very competitive environment.

I call them 'concerns'.  Others may call them questions.  I think it's more than fair to ask the questions of a guy expected to come in and possibly be a franchise player - which is the standard for a top 2-3 pick, no?

If a guy can't carry a HS or AAU team to wins, then has trouble being competitive at the NCAA level, projecting them to contribute to winning at the NBA level becomes a dicey proposition.

I know everyone will point to Ben Simmons at LSU but the questions were asked of him as well as Markelle Fultz at WAS.  Nothing wrong with asking the question on Edwards too.

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I call them 'concerns'.  Others may call them questions.  I think it's more than fair to ask the questions of a guy expected to come in and possibly be a franchise player - which is the standard for a top 2-3 pick, no?

If a guy can't carry a HS or AAU team to wins, then has trouble being competitive at the NCAA level, projecting them to contribute to winning at the NBA level becomes a dicey proposition.

I know everyone will point to Ben Simmons at LSU but the questions were asked of him as well as Markelle Fultz at WAS.  Nothing wrong with asking the question on Edwards too.

I'm not an expert on Edwards.  Seems like he did win on the high school level.   UGA was .500 with ant.  OK was 18-14 w/Trae.  Does Cam get credit for Duke winning?

8 hours ago, kg01 said:

Uh, based on all I'm hearing, he's terrible on d.

I wouldnt say terrible. He needs to improve, but Ive seen him play some good defense at times..So the potential is there at least. We could use his shooting more than anything..Id trade down for him before id trade anything for Buddy Heild thats for sure...lol