• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Premium Member

HAWKS TRADE #6

Orlando Magic receive: No. 6

Atlanta Hawks receive: No. 15, Mohamed Bamba, Al-Farouq Aminu

TRADE at 15. Atlanta Hawks (via Magic): Aaron Nesmith (Vanderbilt, SF, Sophomore)

The Hawks get Bamba and Aminu to move down nine spots and draft the class' potential top shooter. After finishing last in the NBA in three-point percentage, the Hawks could set their eyes on Nesmith, who was hitting 52.2 percent of his threes before injuring his foot, drilling jumpers off spot-ups and screens at scorching rates. 

This is new.  I don't think TS wants to trade down this far in the draft. 

• Premium Member
      2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I like Capela and all, but I'm not making draft decisions with him in mind.

Non sequiturs aside, I certainly expect Capela to be the starting center for at least two of the three remaining years of his deal, don't you?

• Premium Member
      3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then he plays with Dedmon or Collins who can space the floor.

I agree on Collins but don't think Dedmon will be a Hawk past the trade deadline unless he suddenly remembers his touch.

Perhaps you could play him next to Skal?

• Moderators
      4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Actually @AHF structured a fair a bet on the matter, which I was game for, but there were no takers.

Yep.  Bleach is probably still open if there is anyone looking to step up:

On 10/1/2020 at 8:36 AM, AHF said:

You guys should do a bet with a push zone.  Something like:

bleach wins if combine weight is 212 or lower

push if 213-217

bleach loses if 218 or higher

On 10/1/2020 at 8:37 AM, bleachkit said:

I'm game for that. 

• Premium Member
      15 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

I agree on Collins but don't think Dedmon will be a Hawk past the trade deadline unless he suddenly remembers his touch.

Perhaps you could play him next to Skal?

What I'm mostly concerned with is how he plays with and helps Trae.  If Ded is gone it means Bruno has improved by leaps and bounds - so I'm good either way.

• Like 1

• Moderators
      5 minutes ago, warcore said:

My initial thoughts on the above ORL trade.... I think I'm actually ok with something like that. Bamba and Bruno could be our future big rotation after Capella's deal ends. 

I don't care for Aminu tho... I'd prefer a future draft asset over a toss in. 

Bamba is the key to that idea.  Not sure how TS rates him.  We had some posters who were very high on him.

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bamba is the key to that idea.  Not sure how TS rates him.  We had some posters who were very high on him.

From 2018 it seemed like we were interested in him as a backup plan and he was really hoping he'd end up in Atlanta, from the interviews he gave. We might even be able to lock him up to a fair deal if he plays the next couple years behind Capela. I think he's great and has top defensive potential... lot of people have given up on him but not me. 

• Premium Member

One Agents take on Anthony Edwards:

• (Edwards) “Super talented, athletic. Dynamic scorer. Alpha competitor. If he can keep his nose clean and stay around the right people, and if his agent can get him to understand that this is more than a game, great. If not, he’s in trouble. Some agents are afraid of their clients and don’t lead the way. There’s a history of players who didn’t reach their potential because they lacked guidance. If Edwards doesn’t have that guidance, he’ll be a memory before he should be a memory.”

https://theathletic.com/2127698/?source=twitterhq

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
      13 hours ago, bleachkit said:

At this point he's a reclamation project. 

Agreed.  But he is still the only part of that package that I'd be excited about.  Aminu is a useful role player whose contributions we should be able to replicate through FA.  The move from 6 to 15 is obviously a straight and significant downgrade.  So it all comes down to Bamba for me.  Most guys in his position end up as busts but you do get some Chauncey Billups types who take a few years to come online or Jermaine O'Neal types who are largely blocked in this current situation.  

• Like 2