• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Even if you think he's shown some potential, he hasn't shown enough to warrant being able to support a deal like this.  Netting back Collins?  Nah, I don't see it.

Not a chance in hell. Most deals like this online are usually ass. 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be seeing 3&D from that article.  

On 3, they are pointing to a peak 13 game cherry-picked selection where he still shot a subpar 35% from deep.  

The aforementioned stretch Borrego references was a 13-game run from Jan. 28 to Feb. 28 in which Bridges averaged 18.2 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.5 assists while shooting 45% and 35% from three

Is a 13 game stretch supposed to make me think he is a sniper after he shot a very consistent 32.5% and 33.0% over his two seasons and 145 games?  Preview:  It doesn't.  That is Marcus Smart territory (and not as good as 2019-20 Smart).

On defense, even an in article where his team is pumping him up they still admit he isn't very good there (just better than he used to be):

He’s aware he’s a ways away from where we need him defensively, but he’s making strides there.

I've more faith in Hunter being better at both 3 and at D than Bridges.   

• Like 3

• Moderators

FWIW:

Exposing the NBA's Worst Defender at Every Position

Small Forward:

Dishonorable Mentions: Kevin Knox (6.7), Glenn Robinson III (7.3), Miles Bridges (8.7), James Ennis III (9.0), Andrew Wiggins (9.0)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876876-exposing-nbas-worst-defender-at-every-position

The Official 2020 Worst Team All-NBA

Miles Bridges is still young, but the signs are not good so far. He isn’t hitting shots or finding a consistent role on offense, and the athleticism has translated into highlight dunks but not much else. Cedi Osman is not as young as you think and locked into a four-year $31-million extension that’s about to kick in. He should be very grateful for that money.

https://medium.com/sportsraid/worst-team-all-nba-2020-bad-basketball-30th-starters-isaiah-thomas-wiggins-brooks-prince-ferguson-253c6378fec

On both 3pt shooting and overall defense, he ranks under the 25th percentile.

https://arjb10.shinyapps.io/radialplots/

image.png

He isn't without some promise so I don't totally disregard his potential but he is the opposite of a 3&D guy right now.  Needs major growth in both areas.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

FWIW:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876876-exposing-nbas-worst-defender-at-every-position

https://medium.com/sportsraid/worst-team-all-nba-2020-bad-basketball-30th-starters-isaiah-thomas-wiggins-brooks-prince-ferguson-253c6378fec

On both 3pt shooting and overall defense, he ranks under the 25th percentile.

https://arjb10.shinyapps.io/radialplots/

image.png

He isn't without some promise so I don't totally disregard his potential but he is the opposite of a 3&D guy right now.  Needs major growth in both areas.

He was massively improving from the beginning of Jan to the end of the season on defense. These data points don't tell that story, similar to Cam Reddish for us this year. 

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be seeing 3&D from that article.  

On 3, they are pointing to a peak 13 game cherry-picked selection where he still shot a subpar 35% from deep.  

Is a 13 game stretch supposed to make me think he is a sniper after he shot a very consistent 32.5% and 33.0% over his two seasons and 145 games?  Preview:  It doesn't.  That is Marcus Smart territory (and not as good as 2019-20 Smart).

On defense, even an in article where his team is pumping him up they still admit he isn't very good there (just better than he used to be):

I've more faith in Hunter being better at both 3 and at D than Bridges.   

I agree with you on that one. Hunter> Bridges 

Fran on Poku:

- There's always a guy who's 2 yrs away from being 2 yrs away (his famous Caboclo? line).  This year it's this Poku kid.

- Apparently there's a Serbian network of coaches/personnel guys who are the gatekeepers to info on most euro prospects.  Those (in the nba) who are plugged into this group are the ones on the NBA who typically do well with international prospects - interesting aside.

- He checked with the Serbs on Poku.  Their response was "Eeh ... he's all right."

- A guy who'll do well in combine drills but likely won't ever put it together, functionally, to be a plus basketball player.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

I can't see that Poku would be on our list.  All wrong for our needs and timeline.  We need contributors now so either guys ready to at least play a rotation role or a deal of the pick for someone who can step in.

"LaMelo Ball is not performing very well at job interviews. I’ve heard that from multiple sources. He is not improving his perception via job interview."

Shocking..Hard to believe 19-20 yr olds arent the best interviewers..lol

Seems he would be a little better since hes being playing pro though..But didn't he leave high school? 😀

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, terrell said:

"LaMelo Ball is not performing very well at job interviews. I’ve heard that from multiple sources. He is not improving his perception via job interview."

Seems he would be a little better since hes being playing pro though..But didn't he leave high school? 😀

Being raised in the household that he's been raised in with all the drama that has come with that, this is doubly not shocking.  He probably has some tougher than usual questions about why he made some of the choices he did over the last few years (or why his dad made those calls for him).  

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, terrell said:

Or maybe it's a ploy to go low enough to the Knicks.....mmmmm.

18 hours ago, terrell said:

He just had his first interview yesterday and he hasn't worked out with no one. The writer is fluffing 

• Like 2