• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Premium Member

James Wiseman reportedly does not want to get drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves due to the presence of Karl-Anthony Towns.

‘“Wiseman does not want to come to Minnesota because Karl Towns is there. From what I understand, Wiseman doesn’t even want to do anything with the Wolves," said Brian Windhorst on The Scoop podcast (h/t Pro Basketball Talk). 

Wiseman has been gaining momentum as an early pick in the upcoming draft, with the Hornets open to trading up to draft him.

The Wolves most recently met with LaMelo Ball.

THE SCOOP PODCAST WITH DARREN WILSON

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

Spurs holding private workout with Avdija.

Confirms they're moving up?  White or Murray+11 to the Hawks, please.

Doubt Avdija lasts that long but I'd be very happy with that outcome.  Immediate contributor plus a reasonable pick.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@AHF  can you relocate these to the Draft Picks thread. Thanks.

Done

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Deni is expected to go 2-4 and at worse 5. Not 2-6. 

GS or Cleveland imo. I think Chicago drafts a pg..Ball ,Hayes, or even Hali.

Edited by terrell

I have my own personal idea of what the Atlanta Hawks really need to add to their team to improve this upcoming season and in the future years.

There is one draft pick that answers more of my wants and wishes than any other:  Tyrese Haliburton.

I see some draft ideas that have him coming here as the #6 pick.  If this happens, you can understand why I do not wish to trade our draft pick.

I have seen the idea of trading #6, Collins, Capela and either Huerter or Hunter for one player.  In my personal opinion, there is not ane NBA player available who is worth this much.  He would have to be a super star.  Nope.  No super star is available.

Please, Atlanta Hawks.  Just draft my player and move on !!

:sun:

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Something for all to consider. In a small sample last season and arguably against weaker competition. Take a look at Wiseman's per 40 numbers.

PER 40's - James Wiseman

34.2 ppg

18.6 rpg

5.2 bpg

76.9 efg

Small sample size doesn't begin to describe it.  I think per game and per minute numbers are not a good way to look at a 3 game sample:

image.png

Like Julius Randle had a 32 ppg, 18.7 rpg on a 40 minute basis after 3 games. His numbers are promising for sure but tough to use that small a sample size to project.

• Premium Member

Anthony Edwards on playing for Hawks:

That’s my home, so that’d be like a dream-come-true for me if I play for the Hawks,” Edwards told Bleacher Report.
“I’m real cool with (current Hawks players) Trae Young and Cam Reddish, so playing for the Hawks would be crazy.

https://bleacherreport.com/post/georgia-bulldogs-basketball/7c251f02-2c79-4902-9077-599e9f089d18

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2020 at 12:23 PM, thecampster said:

Something for all to consider. In a small sample last season and arguably against weaker competition. Take a look at Wiseman's per 40 numbers.

PER 40's - James Wiseman

34.2 ppg

18.6 rpg

5.2 bpg

76.9 efg

Wiseman is a guy that can roll out of bed and give you 17 and 10. He's probably the safest pick as far as production. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Wiseman is a guy that can roll out of bed and give you 17 and 10. He's probably the safest pick as far as production. 

I don't know about 17 and 10, but I'm more on board with drafting him since watching his more recent workouts. The defensive potential is what excites me. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Wiseman is the real all-star on this draft, he will be the best player. I think Ball and Edwards will be more busts than boom. Okongwu, Toppin and Haliburton will be a lot of years on the league. Okoro will be a big bust, that is my prediction.

This^^^^^^^^^  I also feel that Hayes has the potential to be a stud also

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Wiseman is the real all-star on this draft, he will be the best player. I think Ball and Edwards will be more busts than boom. Okongwu, Toppin and Haliburton will be a lot of years on the league. Okoro will be a big bust, that is my prediction.

Wiseman is the safest pick. At the very least he's Clint Capela, but he could be David Robinson.