• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

5 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

I don't watch much college basketball.  Can someone explain why Iowa State was so bad despite Haliburton's individual effort? Was it a simple lack of talent?

I didn't watch them much this year either but I think they had a lot of guys leave early for the league the past two years.  Roster was probably depleted to some degree.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, mrhonline said:

I don't watch much college basketball.  Can someone explain why Iowa State was so bad despite Haliburton's individual effort? Was it a simple lack of talent?

Why was UGA so bad despite Edwards' individual effort? It's a team sport, they weren't very good after graduating key players from the season before.

• Premium Member

If it were possible to trade down... possibly with New Orleans for their 13th pick...

I would be gain if R J Hampton was still present. 

But if we traded with N.O.  would we still need a BU PG. 

Let's say:  #6/Dedmon for #13/Holliday if we can get Hampton.

Ol Fran on their mock draft discussion..

- On Toppin:  Old, considered lower "ceiling" but could end being best player in this draft.

- Prefers his production to the potential of others.

- Said he's hearing Onyeka could be closer to 6'7" - suggested him as a 5 is more of a stretch than the mocks will have you believe.  Called him "serviceable", doesn't see Adebayo there.  Yikes 

- Said Precious is the 2nd best big in this draft.  (Whooo)

- Heard Kerr loves Siddiq Bey, just not at 2

- After the 1st tier, there are several good players to be had.  Listed Kira Lewis, Nesmith, Bey in particular. 

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

- On Toppin:  Old, considered lower "ceiling" but could end being best player in this draft.

- Said he's hearing Onyeka could be closer to 6'7" - suggested him as a 5 is more of a stretch than the mocks will have you believe.  Called him "serviceable", doesn't see Adebayo there.  Yikes 

- After the 1st tier, there are several good players to be had.  Listed Kira Lewis, Nesmith, Bey in particular. 

tenor.gif?itemid=14536561

• Haha 1

I am still on the Haliburton, Okongwu, Hayes bandwagon. Best fits are the first two. Trade with GSW intrigues me but I don’t see clear a star on Edwards, might be a star but might be Wiggins 2.0 or Dion Waiters. I see Haliburton and Okongwu as a more sure thing.

• Like 1

Fran on RJ Hampton...

- Hated him in HS, typical aau guy so was biased against him.

-watched every game in new Zealand, fell in love.  Didn't play well but showed a level of iq that was good to see.

- gym rat, shot needs tweaking not rebuilding which is a plus.

- Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being an all-star.

2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I am still on the Haliburton, Okongwu, Hayes bandwagon. Best fits are the first two. Trade with GSW intrigues me but I don’t see clear a star on Edwards, might be a star but might be Wiggins 2.0 or Dion Waiters. I see Haliburton and Okongwu as a more sure thing.

I agree. I am more comfortable with the high floor guys. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Fran likes Toppin? That's good enough for me.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

If Toppin is BPA I can get behind it. Never liked the fit but gives us more options with incoming JC extension.

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Carmine said:

If Toppin is BPA I can get behind it. Never liked the fit but gives us more options with incoming JC extension.

I don't think Toppin makes it past 4 and I believe either way he ends up in GS. 

• Like 1

Random thought thats been bugging me today:

Why is it that we are so hard on Edwards and criticize his shooting to the point of comparing him to Wiggins and Waiters, but we are willing to give Lamelo Ball a pass on his shooting which was worse than Edwards in every single category?

Why is Edwards such a negative prospect on here (despite consensus praise from the outside) but Ball would be welcome with open arms?

Ball has dealt with immaturity issues, playing on non winning teams overseas despite being the best player. Poor shot selection, lack of defensive effort, flashy/wreckless play style, etc....

It seems like we ignore all of his red flags because he can pass I guess. I question his athleticism and if he will actually be able to compete with NBA athletes. He also has way worse shot selection than Edwards, or even a Trae at that same age. 

I really feel like we type cast a young man like Edwards based on things that have nothing to do with basketball. And when we compare apples to apples on the court we get quiet about Lamelo Ball's flaws.

Just my thought pattern today. 
Carry on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1