• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Random thought thats been bugging me today:

Why is it that we are so hard on Edwards and criticize his shooting to the point of comparing him to Wiggins and Waiters, but we are willing to give Lamelo Ball a pass on his shooting which was worse than Edwards in every single category?

Why is Edwards such a negative prospect on here (despite consensus praise from the outside) but Ball would be welcome with open arms?

Ball has dealt with immaturity issues, playing on non winning teams overseas despite being the best player. Poor shot selection, lack of defensive effort, flashy/wreckless play style, etc....

It seems like we ignore all of his red flags because he can pass I guess. I question his athleticism and if he will actually be able to compete with NBA athletes. He also has way worse shot selection than Edwards, or even a Trae at that same age. 

I really feel like we type cast a young man like Edwards based on things that have nothing to do with basketball. And when we compare apples to apples on the court we get quiet about Lamelo Ball's flaws.

Just my thought pattern today. 
Carry on.

We're mostly rumored to be "highly intrigued by Edwards" and "looking for ways to move up" for him by media outlets, so he's getting the negative feedback. I think Ball would get the same if the media was spinning a narrative for the Hawks and him like they are for Edwards. I don't want either.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, BangHolman said:

We're mostly rumored to be "highly intrigued by Edwards" and "looking for ways to move up" for him by media outlets, so he's getting the negative feedback. I think Ball would get the same if the media was spinning a narrative for the Hawks and him like they are for Edwards. I don't want either.

I don't know if we need to move up.  For 2 reasons. 

1.  Edwards may fall

2.  Edwards may not produce more than Others in this draft.   Which is why he may fall. 

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't know if we need to move up.  For 2 reasons. 

1.  Edwards may fall

2.  Edwards may not produce more than Others in this draft.   Which is why he may fall. 

I wouldn't move up. The difference between Edwards and a guy we can draft at 6 (this year) isn't enough to include additional assets. If he falls, sure, but I wouldn't move up to do it.

• Moderators

Travis hasn't let us down yet in terms of at least being bold on draft day.   Hopefully this is the case this year.   It sure feels like we are going to end up drafting at 6 and signing some middling free agents.  

I still think/hope we are either going to move up to top 4 or move down to bring in a good vet.   

On 11/13/2020 at 12:44 PM, BangHolman said:

I wouldn't move up. The difference between Edwards and a guy we can draft at 6 (this year) isn't enough to include additional assets. If he falls, sure, but I wouldn't move up to do it.

... I wouldn't even do it if he falls.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Did you read the entire interview? 

Yes, he's all over the place he doesn't love basketball, and I've never liked him to begin with (I'll admit there's bias). He's not someone I would want to invest millions into, and I just see Andrew Wiggins 2.0.

hace 12 minutos, BangHolman dijo:

Yes, he's all over the place he doesn't love basketball, and I've never liked him to begin with (I'll admit there's bias). He's not someone I would want to invest millions into, and I just see Andrew Wiggins 2.0.

I said the same in other post, Wiggins 2.0

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, warcore said:

Wiggins never had the physical tools Edwards has though... so I don't see him being that disappointing.

Wiggins was definitely lauded for his physical tools.  

NBA Comparison: Vince Carter/Rudy Gay

Strengths: Off the charts run/jump athleticism … Lateral quickness and length also gives him great potential as a perimeter defender, along with versatility to guard both wing positions efficiently …

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Rest assured: We're gettin' national pundit Draft Grades of C and below no matter what goes down tonight.

~lw3

And you can rest assured that there will be at least 1 squawker that will hate the pick no matter who it is. :laugh1:

• Like 2