• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woi Bomb: Hawks fire Lloyd Pierce

kg01

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

That phrasing, on its own, is indicative of hearsay.

There's a reason hearsay isn't admissible as evidence.

I'm just not okay with taking a TMZ attitude, by which I mean, whatever gossip might be floated is taken as credible, just because.

I understand your take but remember their are some good writers that have mentioned this before.  Most dont just one day wake up and decide to attack this coach or that player, they try to be the breaking news, yea some just take a shot but most veteran writers will not put something out there #1 without knowing what is going on or 2# without permission.  

54 minutes ago, sturt said:

That phrasing, on its own, is indicative of hearsay.

There's a reason hearsay isn't admissible as evidence.

I'm just not okay with taking a TMZ attitude, by which I mean, whatever gossip might be floated is taken as credible, just because.

Then folks just propagate the same baseless rumors over and over.  All it takes for one little false theory to come to fruition and suddenly whatever is said is considered gold.  It's ridiculous.

Brian Geltseiler reported years ago that MEM was firing their coach.  He literally said that day the owners were boarding a plane to fire the coach.  Well, it didn't happen.  Months later, after a poor season, MEM did indeed fire Joerger. 

Geltseiler poked hi little chest out as if he was the MAN.  Well, no, his report was very specific and also very wrong.  That it eventually happened does not  vindicate him.  But nowadays, it doesn't matter.  Just fire sh*t at the wall.  If any sticks, you're a genius.

28 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Tell me something..........and be honest here, have you seen nights where the players just took a night off?  I mean did it look like they didnt even know what was going on?    I know yall are against me because I dont kumbaya and that is fine with me but just watch the team game after game.  Nobody is gonna give up a name or information that would cause distrust where they have been informed.  Just continue watching this team when it gets back to playing.  Look at Memphis, they dumped their high salaries and are ahead of us in their rebuild.    LP will make or break it this upcoming year.  

I don't think this particular team took the night off.  I think they were overwhelmed at times because of the lineups the coach was putting out on the floor. 

My biggest issue with LP are his lineups and rotations.  I think the kids were getting very frustrated when they were simply physically outmatched, and the coach just kept throwing them out there.  The Vince Carter situation didn't help either.  LP started to correct that later in the season by playing him less. 

But it became painfully obvious that the vets that were added to the team, didn't have positive effects toward winning and didn't compliment the young guys.  That's an indictment on Schlenk. He definitely failed with those offseason acquisitions. That's why he had to correct it by trading for Teague and Capela.

But even you have to admit that things stabilized a bit once Collins came back into the mix.  We're only 15 - 26 with him in the lineup, but we are also 5 - 21 without him in the lineup.  Collins at least gives us a 2nd consistent scorer to compliment Trae, and took some of the pressure off of the young guys to not have to do the dirty work.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't think this particular team took the night off.  I think they were overwhelmed at times because of the lineups the coach was putting out on the floor. 

My biggest issue with LP are his lineups and rotations.  I think the kids were getting very frustrated when they were simply physically outmatched, and the coach just kept throwing them out there.  The Vince Carter situation didn't help either.  LP started to correct that later in the season by playing him less. 

But it became painfully obvious that the vets that were added to the team, didn't have positive effects toward winning and didn't compliment the young guys.  That's an indictment on Schlenk. He definitely failed with those offseason acquisitions. That's why he had to correct it by trading for Teague and Capela.

But even you have to admit that things stabilized a bit once Collins came back into the mix.  We're only 15 - 26 with him in the lineup, but we are also 5 - 21 without him in the lineup.  Collins at least gives us a 2nd consistent scorer to compliment Trae, and took some of the pressure off of the young guys to not have to do the dirty work.

He has a chance to continue that with the players that were acquired.  He is being watched.   Most coaches not winning are.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae

Bruno

Turner ( if not Turner . . Bembry )

Not that I believe this . . . all the way . . . but if I had to name 3, it would be these guys.

Here's what we already know from the season:

Trae:

1. pissed when LP didn't put him back in the game at the end (I can't remember the game). 

2. The whole Olympic thing

3. He got fustrated with the losing and he was told 'help was on the way'

Bruno: He was the only rookie that didn't get consistent playing time.

Turner/Crabbe: we know their was some locker room bruhaha with these two complaining about their lack of minutes vs the younger guys getting more minutes. Who cares about them, they weren't contributing and were never in the future plans.

Having said all that, there is no new news on this front.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Turner/Crabbe: we know their was some locker room bruhaha with these two complaining about their lack of minutes vs the younger guys getting more minutes. Who cares about them, they weren't contributing and were never in the future plans.

Vince wasn't in the future plans and didn't contribute but he got consistent minutes.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4792b76d2f67bdc1e5d9

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Vince wasn't in the future plans and didn't contribute but he got consistent minutes.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4792b76d2f67bdc1e5d9

He was one of only two players to not miss ANYTIME due to injury.

At least if you aren't contributing on the floor, contribute in other ways. Be helpful in the locker room, be helpful on the bench - that's Vince. 

There's a big difference between being a good locker room vet vs not (Turner/Crabbe)