• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Players 50% pay cut?

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They better drop those ticket prices too.

Don't be charging us full price to watch games, just to get your coffers stocked back up.

We know that ain't gonna happen.  They should for what corporate seats cost.

The Jazz are the first team to actually lay anyone off. Ugh.

The Jazz are the first NBA organization to make layoffs, but several others are considering the possibility, sources said. The NBA has been shut down since March 11, and there are no assurances that the season can resume.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28993013/utah-jazz-undergo-layoffs-amid-coronavirus-pandemic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

NBA and MLB have some of the dumbest contracts ever. NFL seems to do a better job of avoiding insane stupid contracts.

Excluding quarterbacks of course. Just ask @Spud2nique about that one. QB position typically handicaps a team's cap space these days.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Excluding quarterbacks of course. Just ask @Spud2nique about that one. QB position typically handicaps a team's cap space these days.

😢 a sad reminder of the Staff man 👨. I just don’t understand in any universe how Stafford would be the highest paid football player in any period of any given time. It doesn’t add up. We should have honestly cut ties with him and started building with the line and D first. Screw it if all these teams are getting top flight QB’s then pull a Gregg Pop and zag while they zig and load up on the D line and defense overall like...I hate to say it but the Whiners (forty eighters).

Well Thomas, thank you sir for getting me hyphy for a nice workout 🏋🏿‍♀️ 😆 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Well Thomas, thank you sir for getting me hyphy for a nice workout 🏋🏿‍♀️ 😆 

All out Skierg and kettlebell intervals? Mixing it up is all the rage I'm sure you know.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

All out Skierg and kettlebell intervals? Mixing it up is all the rage I'm sure you know.

Comon Thomas you know me, I don’t roll with the mainstream plus I’m a lil old school too so I don’t mind a few boo boos along the way. 😉 Keep the old school music too.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 8:29 AM, bleachkit said:

NBA and MLB have some of the dumbest contracts ever. NFL seems to do a better job of avoiding insane stupid contracts.

Dac Prescott is insisting on being the highest paid player in football. Cowboys are going to regret that one before the ink dries.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It'll be interesting to see what the salary cap will be fir next season if the season is cancelled.

If the season is cancelled, now is a good time to experiment with having FAcy then the draft.

I still think season will resume.

My timeline is something like this.

Late May: team practices

June 1st-June 20th: finish season

June 23-August 23: playoffs

Late August: draft

December: start of new year.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Dac Prescott is insisting on being the highest paid player in football. Cowboys are going to regret that one before the ink dries.

Turned his nose up at 33 million per year, my word. "No I in team" kinda stuff I guess in Dak's mind.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I still think season will resume.

My timeline is something like this.

Late May: team practices

June 1st-June 20th: finish season

June 23-August 23: playoffs

Late August: draft

December: start of new year.

They'd have to start mobilizing now.  

Selecting location, Setting up testing sites, procuring tests etc. 450 players plus personnel flying into 'The Bunker' to get tested plus ancilliary hotel staff. 2-3 week quarantine on site (the worst thing would be to get going and a player test positive).

30 teams trying to effectively practice in one arena? What about training and conditioning? 450 players trying to use one gym?

China, Japan and some other league have attempted restarts. The NBA has been monitoring to see their success since their lockdown is ahead of the US.....unsuccessful so far.

Friday, the Chinese Basketball Association, under orders from the General Administration of Sport, announced that it is indefinitely delaying the resumption of its season. The league suspended play in January as China dealt with its coronavirus outbreak. How the CBA handled restarting was seen as a “test case” for how the NBA could proceed with its own restart, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst. The CBA extended its hiatus due to concerns about asymptomatic carriers,

Now, the NBA may not have a path forward. The league and the National Basketball Players Association are currently discussing the possibility of shutting the current season down for good.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/doylerader/2020/04/04/nba-season-in-jeopardy-coronavirus-china-cba-mark-cuban-optimism/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2884996-windhorst-nba-angling-to-cancel-2019-20-season-after-chinas-cba-shutdown.amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/coronavirus-china-orders-chinese-basketball-association-other-sports-to-delay-return-per-report/amp/

• Moderators

If they start back up, I am hoping they just do camps to get teams ready and head straight into the playoffs.  There are 3.5 game and 5.5 game gaps between the 8th and 9th seeds in the East and West.  That is a sizable gap.  Just run the playoffs if you can finish the season.

(And, yes, our playoff positioning is part of my motivation to say that.)