• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hearts Out to Ryan Cameron

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Update: A close protege of Ryan's insists that the story going about regarding a heart attack and ICU are NOT true.

However, longtime sidekick Wanda Smith reportedly asked (I presume on radio, as she keeps her social media presence limited) for a call to prayer for Ryan due to a "non-disclosed medical emergency."

EValCZLXsAABMpX?format=jpg&name=large

No formal media outlets (including Ryan's employers) have shared any information with the public thus far.

~lw3

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

WSB-TV confirms the heart attack suffered earlier this week and that Ryan has been in ICU. While not specifying the illness, AJC's Rodney Ho notes that he is recovering.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/atlanta-radio-host-ryan-cameron-icu-after-heart-attack/RNF7SPRNNREARNA67VM5CCP43A/

Atlanta radio host Ryan Cameron is in the intensive care unit after suffering a heart attack, family members confirmed to WSB-TV.

Cameron is the host of "Ryan Cameron Uncensored" on MAJIC 107.5/97.5. He is also the voice of the Atlanta Hawks and the first African American announcer in the team's history.

Cameron is a father of four. He is an Atlanta native, a two-time Emmy Award winner and member of the Georgia Radio Hall of Fame.

~lw3

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

CBS46, speaking with family sources over the weekend, also confirmed Ryan's trip to the ICU, but classified his ailment as a "heart-related issue", rather than a heart attack.

https://www.cbs46.com/news/ryan-cameron-longtime-atlanta-radio-personality-hospitalized/article_5039c17a-7cef-11ea-b9db-dfa8a18695f6.html

Further, later this week, the family posted this more encouraging statement about Ryan's health status, via his employer at Majic 107.5:

MAJIC 107.5 wrote in an Instagram post, “Update: The family of Ryan Cameron wanted to make it known that there was NO heart attack, contrary to news outlets & sources. Please keep Ryan & the family in your prayers.”

https://www.11alive.com/article/entertainment/television/programs/the-a-scene/rashan-ali-provides-update-on-ryan-cameron-fills-in-on-radio-show/85-07a94735-ce97-4858-b72f-9fe644debaf3

Rashan (Ali) Richey, herself a broadcasting and Hawks gameday entertainment legend, has been filling in for his mid-day radio program.

“I'm among so many people who are part of Ryan’s success stories. He’s always known talent, and we all know Ryan to be the very talented and gifted person that he is. His name is 'The Ryan King' and he’s legendary to me. I feel just very honored to fill-in today,” Ali said.

“Because we know outside of God and family, Ryan loves Atlanta. Let me start by saying this: Ryan Cameron is recovering from emergency surgery. I have been in contact with his family.  So let me just set the record straight – Ryan Cameron will win this battle. He’s won so many battles in his life and this is no different,” Ali said. “The most important people right now that we should  be lifting up now are the people carrying his last name.”

~lw3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Ryan speaks! With clarification on what he has been fighting.

(WXIA-TV) As Cameron’s condition following the emergency surgery remained unknown, the radio host dismissed any speculation that he may have been diagnosed with COVID-19.

“Fortunately, for me, I tested negative from the virus. But I tested positive for sepsis,” Cameron revealed.

Cameron said he experienced chills and was “unconscious through Easter.”

“When I was 30 years old, I was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse, which is regurgitation. There is four valves in the heart,” Cameron said. 

“I inherited the trait from my father. Of all the things the man has given me,” he joked.

~lw3

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Ryan speaks! With clarification on what he has been fighting.

~lw3

Thanks for the update.  Seems like he's been in the hospital for threeeeeeeeeeeee weeks or something.

Hey, I'm not proud of it but it had to be done ... hey, sounds like someone's life motto.

🤠

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...