• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coaching!

Peoriabird

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Obviously right now we need Trae to score, and if he has a bad night we probably lose. But I don't agree with your hypothesis that we lose because Trae was "trying to play the right way" as you term it. 

The end of game sequence where he passed to the open Snell in the corner, but time ran out, was playing the "right way".

"Hero ball" Trae probably shoots that ball as soon as he crosses half court, but definitely shoots as soon as he makes the crossover.

• Like 1

Hand the reigns to Nate already. 

Nate with the Pacers:

2017-18    48-34

2018-19    48-34

2019-20    45-28

Lloyd with us:

2018-19      29-53

2019-20      20-47

2020-2021    14-19... on pace for 31-41 (that’s not gonna make the playoffs)

2021-2022  He won’t make it..

Cut our losses now and roll with Nate. It’ll give the team a wake up call and they will know that this isn’t a part time job and people should be held accountable for minutes on the floor and playing their part or they will get no playing time or get traded.

On 2/25/2021 at 10:00 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LP

(1) The Hawks are now 9 - 0 when Trae scores 33 points or more.   This team has no proven at all that they can win if Trae is playing like a true PG, instead of a high scoring PG that also is a facilitator.

Even last night, it was Trae Young's explosion of offense that got things rolling first, with Gallinari following his lead and really having a breakout game.

The Hawks need an aggressive Trae Young to win games.  He can't play like Chris Paul. He has to play like Allen Iverson.  And until this team proves otherwise, that's the winning formula for the Hawks.

(2) This is true.  I think he's trying to force feed his new additions into the rotation and get them adequate minutes.   He's also trying to appease his young players that have been with us since Day 1.  What we need LP to do, is to play the guys who are making a difference in that particular game.  Don't stick with Gallo if he's 1 - 6 FG, and the team is struggling while he's in the game.  Don't stick with Cam if he playing horrible offensively and not making a defensive impact.  

(3) Agreed.  The other thing that leads to poor defense, are the small lineups.  This team does not consistently shoot well enough to play small.  Offensive rebounding IS part of our offense, whether he believes so or not.  When the shooters are building apartment buildings at the rim, Capela and Collins have to gobble them up.  Even the reserve bigs may have to play before more talented wings, to keep the team balanced from a size standpoint.

Nate

(1) In the 2 games Nate won, Trae Young scored 40 points ( Boston ) and 35 points ( Denver ) respectively.  So was it Nate?  Or was it the brilliance of Trae, that won those games?  Sometimes, the perception of what is going on, isn't reality.  Nate said after the Boston win that LP called him at halftime to discuss the game and adjustments.  Now we don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, what does that say about Nate?

(2) You can make the argument that Nate stuck with Gallo way too long in the 2nd game vs Boston, which was a killer in that game.  he shot only 2 - 14 FG and was a complete liability on defense.  So from a rotation standpoint, was his rotations really better?  If so, we wouldn't have been down by 25+ in a game in which Cam, Gallo, Huerter, and Collins couldn't buy a shot, while Trae and Capela were playing well.  If those guys were playing that bad, Nate probably should've given a kid like Knight a chance to provide a little offense.

(3) Trae Young playing well leads to cohesive offense, because the teams must adjust to stop him.

Love point #1....and excellent response to all of them but point number 1 really need to get cemented in folks head . I can only see this changing if Hunter comes back and provides Trae some relief and if collins can learn to score at will on his own more often.

Pierce biggest failure here is the way this offense was ran being given all this talent 

13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The end of game sequence where he passed to the open Snell in the corner, but time ran out, was playing the "right way".

"Hero ball" Trae probably shoots that ball as soon as he crosses half court, but definitely shoots as soon as he makes the crossover.

Passing the ball when the clock is running out is not playing the right way. 

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2021 at 11:07 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting!

Looking back on this.  I think he knew his time may be up.

LP strikes me as a guy who may be a very good college coach, because he likes to teach.  College kids are a lot more receptive to what you want to do, and you can recruit the type of guys that fit YOUR system.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LP strikes me as a guy who may be a very good college coach, because he likes to teach.  College kids are a lot more receptive to what you want to do, and you can recruit the type of guys that fit YOUR system.

Agree strongly on both counts.

First, who talks about getting fired? Second, his high character would be so great with college athletes.

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He can't coach 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This has been my opinion of him too. He'd be a better college coach.

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Why do we keep using the phrase "Great Teacher" when his team constantly displays low BBIQ?

Because you can be an outstanding teacher, but still have failing students.

And I don't consider this a low BBIQ team.  Even with Trae's turnovers, you can't call his BBIQ low, because his great passes are higher than his head scratching turnovers.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because you can be an outstanding teacher, but still have failing students.

And I don't consider this a low BBIQ team.  Even with Trae's turnovers, you can't call his BBIQ low, because his great passes are higher than his head scratching turnovers.

It's not just the turnovers. Bad shots at the wrong time.  Selfish play...not making extra pass etc. Someone said that they were listening to the OKC talk about how John would drive the lane and not think about passing. Can't wait to see another coach here so y'all can see the difference