• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I’m not happy with the D but you would be getting the greatest shooting backcourt in the NBA hands down. You would need to build a wall of defense around these two though I agree.

It could even be said they would be like Lillard and McCollum. Not many great scoring back courts get to the finals without at least one of them being a solid defender. I can't think of any off the top of my head.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I blame the last dance for all these proposed moves. I’m ready to get into the playoffs and win. For us, 

If we are Zeke and the Pistons this is 1984, time to make the playoffs 

If we are the Bulls, this is 1986, time to make the playoffs.

Trae sped up our timeline with his play. We gotta play our cards right. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I blame the last dance for all these proposed moves. I’m ready to get into the playoffs and win. For us, 

If we are Zeke and the Pistons this is 1984, time to make the playoffs 

If we are the Bulls, this is 1986, time to make the playoffs.

Trae sped up our timeline with his play. We gotta play our cards right. 

It is still probably two years away before we can start thinking of getting past the 1st round. We will probably pull the Bucks as a 8th seed and though it would be sweet revenge to upset them; I would be happy as hell to push them to 6 or 7 games and cause ol Bud to lose some more of his hair 🤣

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Not many great scoring back courts get to the finals without at least one of them being a solid defender. I can't think of any off the top of my head.

2016 Cavs

pg- Kyrie 

sg- JR Smith

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm working on a couple trades for players under contract that'll help without giving up our 2021 1st, the core 5 and Capela (original thread idea) AND maintain capspace for 2021 offseason.  I'll also look at the mid- tier UFAs. Focus on teams that are cash strapped/small market and/or avoiding the Luxury Tax implications. List of teams: Houston, Denver, Sacramento, Orlando, Indy, Utah, BKN, SAS, 6ers.

Ideas to bolster team with depth via trades from the cap conscience teams above and mid tier UFAs.

Kings - trade for Cory Joseph and 2 2nds into capspace ala the Dedmon trade

Knicks - trade for Frank N for 2 2nds

Nets - trade for Prince and Jarrett Allen (C of the future) for Dedmon, Bembry and OKC 2022 1st.

Nuggets - they have a lot of salary tied up and have several FAs to resign which would send then into LT territory: Milsap, Grant, Craig, Plumlee (Grant at PF, Craig at wing for defense)

Magic - Evan Fournier for OKC 2022 1st (top 20 protected) - we need a 'get bucket' guy off the bench)

Houston - my initial thought was Eric Gordon before I realized they resigned him to another 3 years, yikes. Wonder if we can get Robert Covington.

Sixers - trade for Josh Richardson 

Utah - sign Jordan Clarkson as a bucket getter off the bench.

Indy - trade for Doug McD.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Utah - sign Jordan Clarkson as a bucket getter off the bench.

Indy - trade for Doug McD.

These two are my favs. Don’t mind some Nugget players and CoJo in sac. He’s a solid backup pg. I’m down.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You are a hoot. JR averaged 12.4 PTS in 2015/16 and 2016/17 he averaged 8.6 PTS.

You said without them being a solid defender. Kyrie sucks at D and JR was nonexistent. I was just giving an example of a backcourt that didn’t play defense yet won the championship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lebron.

Yes Lebron but Buzz was looking for an example of a backcourt that didn’t play solid D. That’s Kyrie and JR, and no JR doesn’t play defense, if anything it was Shumpert but he didn’t start.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You said without them being a solid defender. Kyrie sucks at D and JR was nonexistent. I was just giving an example of a backcourt that didn’t play defense yet won the championship.

I also said great scoring back courts which you decided to gloss over. That is why your post, about Kyrie and JR, cracked me up.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes Lebron but Buzz was looking for an example of a backcourt that didn’t play solid D. That’s Kyrie and JR, and no JR doesn’t play defense, if anything it was Shumpert but he didn’t start.

Great scoring backcourts with solid defense was his ask.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Great scoring without solid D. I would think 18 PTS or better from both would be a good starting point.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I also said great scoring back courts which you decided to gloss over. That is why your post, about Kyrie and JR, cracked me up.

Still confused here because Kyrie fits the bill of great scoring backcourt guy, but he and JR couldn’t play a lick of D but still won the chip. You could bring in a variable like Lebron and the discussion would be over, but I was assuming your criteria was a backcourt with guys that can score the rock (Kyrie and JR) but can’t D up (Kyrie and JR).

Im not sure where I failed to meet you requirements? 🤔 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He was looking for a backcourt that scored well but didn’t play defense that won the ring. I don’t see how that wouldn’t be the 2016 Cavs.  🤷‍♀️ 

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Still confused here because Kyrie fits the bill of great scoring backcourt guy, but he and JR couldn’t play a lick of D but still won the chip. You could bring in a variable like Lebron and the discussion would be over, but I was assuming your criteria was a backcourt with guys that can score the rock (Kyrie and JR) but can’t D up (Kyrie and JR).

Im not sure where I failed to meet you requirements? 🤔 

Here is the point. Two great scorers means the team needs those two players to score. Its pretty obvious the Cavs did not need JR to score. They needed LeBron and Kyrie to get buckets and JR could rest almost the whole game on offense.

These are two back courts that helped carry their teams to the promised land with scoring. In other words without both of them scoring, in all likelihood they would not have made it.

Billups and RIP

Curry and Thompson

Edited by Buzzard