• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

Maybe this has been mentioned and maybe it has not. Talk on the draft thread about trading for Jaylen Brown made me think of this.

Once the cap is set we move Collins for Brown straight up and absorb him into our cap. Ainge may do this if he can see a way that Tatum plays the 3 most of the time. I do think this is the type of value Ainge has on Brown.

The Cs lineup:

Kemba

Hayward

Tatum

Collins

Pencil in a Center

Our lineup

Trae

Reddish/Huerter

Brown

Hunter

Capela

I don't like it for us; but LP would probably fall all over himself being able to play small ball almost full time.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Our lineup

Trae

Reddish/Huerter

Brown

Hunter

Capela

I don't like it for us; but LP would probably fall all over himself being able to play small ball almost full time.

That team wouldn't win 30 games especially with LP at the helm!

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That team wouldn't win 30 games especially with LP at the helm!

Like I said, I don't like it at all for us; but the Celtics would be ready to roll. I just wanted to add my perspective on the value Brown has. A 1st round pick in a weak draft will not land Brown; but a starting PF putting up 20 and 10 just might.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Like I said, I don't like it at all for us; but the Celtics would be ready to roll. I just wanted to add my perspective on the value Brown has. A 1st round pick in a weak draft will not land Brown; but a starting PF putting up 20 and 10 just might.

I'm not helping the Celtics roll. 

And I don't like that Hawks lineup at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gordon Hayward would be the ideal fit as a 6th man. That gives us Kevin, Reddish, Hunter and Hayward.

We can draft someone like Obi Toppin. 

Our 10 man would be

Trae/Jeff

Reddish or Kevin

Hunter or Hayward 

Collins/Toppin

Capela/Dedmon/Bruno

We just need a 3rd PG, another shooter to be 3rd string and another defender, maybe resign Graham or Bembry.

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Like I said, I don't like it at all for us. But the Celtics would be ready to roll. I just wanted to add my perspective on the value Brown has. A 1st round pick in a weak draft will not land Brown; but a starting PF putting up 20 and 10 just might.

Celts always want to abuse their trade partners so this is probably accurate for what Ainge would be asking for given that Brown was a 20 ppg scorer this season with solid D.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not helping the Celtics roll. 

And I don't like that Hawks lineup at all.

Agree with both of you.  I wouldn't trade JC straight up for Brown.  I think there is a very good chance Reddish ends up being better than Brown and fills the same role.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gordon Hayward would be the ideal fit as a 6th man. That gives us Kevin, Reddish, Hunter and Hayward.

Our 10 man would be

Trae/Jeff

Reddish or Kevin

Hunter or Hayward 

Collins/Toppin

Capela/Dedmon/Bruno

We just need a 3rd PG, another shooter to be 3rd string and another defender, maybe resign Graham or Bembry.

What/Who are you trading for Hayward assuming he opts in? Or if he's a free agent, what salary are you offering?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Our 10 man would be

Trae/Jeff

Reddish or Kevin

Hunter or Hayward 

Collins/Toppin

Capela/Dedmon/Bruno

No more Graham for me and even Bembry would be tough to swallow playing the way he plays on offense

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What/Who are you trading for Hayward assuming he opts in? Or if he's a free agent, what salary are you offering?

This is literally the worse year to have so much cap space. The positions we need help in is weak in the draft and free Agency. We just need quality depth 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

No more Graham for me and even Bembry would be tough to swallow playing the way he plays on offense

They would be the 12th man. Not rotation players

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

what salary are you offering?

For a back up no less.  I don't understand half the trade proposal.  Many of them propose trading for guys making starter/star money and then placing them on the bench

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

This is literally the worse year to have so much cap space. The positions we need help in is weak in the draft and free Agency. We just need quality depth 

I get that. But how are we getting Hayward? By trade or FAcy, how much?

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I get that. But how are we getting Hayward? By trade or FAcy, how much?

They aren't,  I was just making a suggestion. 

Of the five names that he said are being shopped are,  from best to worst trade value 

1. Buddy Hield 

2  Al Horford 

3. Julius Randle 

4. Chris Paul

5. Myles Turner 

5 players teams want to be that could be but aren't 

1. John Collins

2. Aaron Gordon 

3. Zack Lavine 

4. C.J. McCollum 

5. Tobias Harris

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I know -  I just wanted an idea about how much you would pay Hayward IF he becomes a FA or if we are getting him via trade, who would you trade.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Of the five names that he said are being shopped are,  from best to worst trade value 

1. Buddy Hield 

2  Al Horford 

3. Julius Randle 

4. Chris Paul

5. Myles Turner 

5 players teams want to be that could be but aren't 

1. John Collins

2. Aaron Gordon 

3. Zack Lavine 

4. C.J. McCollum 

5. Tobias Harris

Horford at #2 best value?? Naaah, not at 3yrs/$27 at 34 years old and didn't play well this season.

Gordon was on the trade block at the deadline wasn't he?

• Premium Member

Speaking of Hayward:

John Hollinger: Let’s start off by saying I expect Hayward to opt in, as I wrote recently, because I see an unfavorable market for his services this summer. With one exception, the teams with enough cap room to make him consider turning down $34 million from Boston are also in the midst of rebuilding … meaning going all-in on a 30-year-old who had a serious injury two years ago probably won’t be near the top of their list.

via Jay King and John Hollinger @ The Athletic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Horford at #2 best value?? Naaah, not at 3yrs/$27 at 34 years old and didn't play well this season.

Gordon was on the trade block at the deadline wasn't he?

I meant reasonable cost. You can get Hield or Horford for a reasonable price. Turner is the most expensive. CP3 isn't cheap. Randle isn't free but he's not free either.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

For a back up no less.  I don't understand half the trade proposal.  Many of them propose trading for guys making starter/star money and then placing them on the bench

I think if we got Hayward he would be starting over Hunter on Day 1, FWIW.  I would see a rotation like:

Trae / BU

Reddish / Huerter

Hayward / Hunter

JC / BU

Capela / Dedmon