• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I really don't see what y'all want in Hayward.  He was a borderline all-star at his absolute best.  Now he's an aging guy, coming of a bad year after a devastating injury and now he's making over $30mil per.

Yikes

I don’t want Ainge/Stevens mole here either. @Gray Mule do you think he would fit in?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They aren't,  I was just making a suggestion. 

Of the five names that he said are being shopped are,  from best to worst trade value 

1. Buddy Hield 

2  Al Horford 

3. Julius Randle 

4. Chris Paul

5. Myles Turner 

5 players teams want to be that could be but aren't 

1. John Collins

2. Aaron Gordon 

3. Zack Lavine 

4. C.J. McCollum 

5. Tobias Harris

Gimme Hield from that list, then sign Harris. Bombs away 💫💥

Edited by hazer
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Maybe this has been mentioned and maybe it has not. Talk on the draft thread about trading for Jaylen Brown made me think of this.

Once the cap is set we move Collins for Brown straight up and absorb him into our cap. Ainge may do this if he can see a way that Tatum plays the 3 most of the time. I do think this is the type of value Ainge has on Brown.

The Cs lineup:

Kemba

Hayward

Tatum

Collins

Pencil in a Center

Our lineup

Trae

Reddish/Huerter

Brown

Hunter

Capela

I don't like it for us; but LP would probably fall all over himself being able to play small ball almost full time.

I wouldn't trade J-Bap for Brown. But as instigator of that trade in the other thread you speak of, I would offer this instead: this year's 1st, the OKC 1st, Huerter, and Dedmon. Jaylen is only 23, Atlanta native, extremely athletic and eat up with dawg, can play the 2 or 3, 20+/7/3 guy who can defend and shoots around 39% from deep. Perfect player for the Hawks. I love Huerter who will turn into a great 6th man, but Brown is better and will be an All-Stat caliber player. Then Hunter steps into 6th man role.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I really don't see what y'all want in Hayward.  He was a borderline all-star at his absolute best.  Now he's an aging guy, coming of a bad year after a devastating injury and now he's making over $30mil per.

Yikes

I am just saying that he is starting if we add him to the roster.  I don't think he will be added and don't want to see us get him at his price.

17 minutes ago, hazer said:

I wouldn't trade J-Bap for Brown. But as instigator of that trade in the other thread you speak of, I would offer this instead: this year's 1st, the OKC 1st, Huerter, and Dedmon. Jaylen is only 23, Atlanta native, extremely athletic and eat up with dawg, can play the 2 or 3, 20+/7/3 guy who can defend and shoots around 39% from deep. Perfect player for the Hawks. I love Huerter who will turn into a great 6th man, but Brown is better and will be an All-Stat caliber player. Then Hunter steps into 6th man role.

If Ainge was rebuilding and Jaylen was his only real piece, maybe he does this. Since he is in win now mode, I would bet good money he does not do anything like this. Kemba turns 30 this month, Hayward is 30, Ainge cannot wait three years for a rookie to develop.

He might consider Capela with a piece; but I don't see any way he is waiting on a three year return for Jaylen.

• Like 1

I know we spoke about Booker on here as far as trading for him. Like most stars, the Suns probably won’t trade him unless he speaks up but if he does, we might wanna go for it. 

Cuttino go me thinking about Booker. It would cost up 2/3 of these guys (Collins, Hunter, Huerter) plus a 1st round pick most likely.

This is Cat n Rap on insta. The last 5:30 minutes is where he speaks on his 5 fav players around the league. 

Buddy Hield would be a nice addition but I like Bogdanovich better. He's younger and more versatile. That's probably why Hield is on the trading block.

Philly is in some cap hell with Embiid, Simmons, Harris and Horford. What if they decide that “the process” needs a tweak, or better yet a major overhaul and they decide to get rid of Batman or Robin. 

This is @hazer inspired but I’m not really sure if he would be down for it now 😂. It’s definitely interesting though. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8h4atws

Sixers get: 

Capela

Hunter

Huerter

Hawks 2020 first round pick ( current #4)

Hawks get:

Embiid

Sixers 2020 first round pick ( currently #22)

Hawks lineup:

Trae/#22 Tre Jones

Cam/Korver (bring him home)

FA ( with Embiid we attract more players; 

Joe Harris  (FA main signing)/2nd round pick

Collins/Bruno 

Embiid/Dedmon

Sixers lineup:

Simmons/Shake

Huerter/Josh Rich

Hunter (philly kid)/ #4 Deni Avdija

Tobias/Scott

Capela/Hor

It’s risky but sometimes you gotta strike. 

Thoughts?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Philly is in some cap hell with Embiid, Simmons, Harris and Horford. What if they decide that “the process” needs a tweak, or better yet a major overhaul and they decide to get rid of Batman or Robin. 

This is @hazer inspired but I’m not really sure if he would be down for it now 😂. It’s definitely interesting though. 

Sixers get: 

Capela

Hunter

Huerter

Hawks get:

Embiid

Hawks lineup:

Trae/#22 Tre Jones

Collins/Bruno 

Embiid/Dedmon

Sixers lineup:

Simmons/Shake

Huerter/Josh Rich

Tobias/Scott

Capela/Hor

Thoughts?

Now that we have C locked down with Capela/Dedmon/Bruno/JC, I've pumped the brakes on the Embiid bus somewhat. For now 😬

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Sixers get: 

Capela

Hunter

Huerter

Hawks get:

Embiid

Hawks lineup:

Trae/#22 Tre Jones

Collins/Bruno 

Embiid/Dedmon

Sixers lineup:

Simmons/Shake

Huerter/Josh Rich

Tobias/Scott

Capela/Hor

Thoughts?

Embiid still has too many injury concerns. 44 games played, JC played 41 and had a 25 game suspension. Like @hazer pointed out w/ Capela on board would love the chance to see this group play. Granted Capela now has his own injury concerns.

Good SFs are hard to find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sixers get: 

Capela

Hunter

Huerter

Hawks get:

Embiid

Hawks lineup:

Trae/#22 Tre Jones

Collins/Bruno 

Embiid/Dedmon

Sixers lineup:

Simmons/Shake

Huerter/Josh Rich

Tobias/Scott

Capela/Hor

Thoughts?

Trae, Reddish, Collins, Embiid would be relevant in the East. I would be happy with the move and its worth the injury risk with Embiid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@Buzzard ur thought on ☝🏽 

@JayBirdHawk

@kg01

anyone wanna chime in on this blockbuster. Haze inspired don’t forget so it’s built reeeeaaaallll sturdy! 😃 

I think, if the year had played out, this would be more realistic.  I think PHI is gonna hold on another year, not realizing they have terminal illness at HC and on their mismatched roster.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Trae, Reddish, Collins, Embiid would be relevant in the East. I would be happy with the move and its worth the injury risk with Embiid.

I'd be willing to take the risk as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can Embiid and Collins be like the Admiral and Duncan? Ya the injury thing is a concern with bigs. It’s hard to fathom this team not getting to the finals if given a few years. 

I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed this much flexibility with the Hawks as far as which direction they can go. Colonel Schlenk really opened things up for us. The next few chess ♟ moves are key.

Again, I’m not for a trade or against one I’m just trying to see what we can build that could be competitive and sustainable. It’s tricky as hell. We saw what Philly and Boston did with their rebuilds, our turn is coming up. Let’s hit a homer! Or at least a triple! 🏀 ⚾️ I miss it all! 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 8:26 PM, sturt said:

A report earlier this month indicated that teams around the NBA are expected to monitor Victor Oladipo, who will be entering a contract year in 2020/21 and hadn’t fully hit his stride with the new-look Pacers since returning from a major leg injury.

However, a league source tells J. Michael of The Indianapolis Star that Oladipo isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. According to that source, the Pacers have no plans to shop the two-time All-Star on the trade market during the 2020 offseason, and intend to focus on locking him up to a new deal beyond 2021. Oladipo’s name hasn’t come up in any trade talks to date, two sources told Michael.

As previous reports have indicated, Oladipo and the Pacers briefly discussed an extension before the 2019/20 season began, but he only could have added three new years at that point and wouldn’t have been eligible to increase his salary to the league max.

Oladipo decided at that point to wait on negotiating a new contract and will likely take the same approach during the 2020 offseason, according to Michael, who notes that Oladipo could maximize his potential earnings by waiting until his contract expires in 2021 to sign a new one. At that point, he’d be eligible for up to five years if he re-signs with Indiana.

No go @sturt🏽 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1