• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

According to that source, the Pacers have no plans to shop the two-time All-Star on the trade market during the 2020 offseason, and intend to focus on locking him up to a new deal beyond 2021

This seems like it always means the opposite.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Well, don’t think so, they trade PG for him basically so....

I agree with this. I think the Pacers biggest disappointment, besides the injury bug, is Myles Turner. Oladipo and Brogdan are a great complimentary duo in my opinion if they can stay healthy.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I agree with this. I think the Pacers biggest disappointment, besides the injury bug, is Myles Turner. Oladipo and Brogdan are a great complimentary duo in my opinion if they can stay healthy.

But is that a contending duo and do you want max money in Oladipo?  

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

But is that a contending duo and do you want max money in Oladipo?  

I think they could easily see it that way which is why they went after Brogdon to begin with. Despite Brogdon missing 17 games and Oladipo missing 52 games they are still a 5th seed right now. They were 7-3 over their last 10 with Oladipo back and are only 4 games out of the 3rd seed.

I don't think Indy is taking Oladipo lightly. It will take a lot to get them to let go.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think they could easily see it that way which is why they went after Brogdon to begin with. Despite Brogdon missing 17 games and Oladipo missing 52 games they are still a 5th seed right now. They were 7-3 over their last 10 with Oladipo back and are only 4 games out of the 3rd seed.

I don't think Indy is taking Oladipo lightly. It will take a lot to get them to let go.

I like Oladipo a lot.  And a lot can change but with Giannis and Durant in the east, Toronto still pretty strong.  It's hard to see Indy getting to the top.  without adding another all star level player.  

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I like Oladipo a lot.  And a lot can change but with Giannis and Durant in the east, Toronto still pretty strong.  It's hard to see Indy getting to the top.  without adding another all star level player.  

The Pacers ideally need more scoring but subtracting Oladipo will probably not help that. Once he is 100% they are probably hoping to improve. They are 22nd in points per game and 17th in offensive efficiency. They are a solid 7th in defensive efficiency.

https://stats.nba.com/teams/advanced/?sort=OFF_RATING&dir=-1

https://stats.nba.com/teams/traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Any other disgruntled stars out there that would fit our roster as far as trade? Or that might become disgruntled?

Who are the disgruntled ones currently? Gobert and Mitchell seems to have mended fences. Reports out of Indy today says they have a max in line for Dipo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Seems the eggsperts were right in saying covid uncertainty will lessen movement.

Yep, players like Drummond, Otto Porter with large 1 year options will likely opt in now unless they can negotiate really team friendly long term deals but for much reduced salaries.

• Like 1

With all the arguing of whether to max JC or not, would anyone consider trading him and Huerter for JJJ? I want to keep JC but if management decides they don't want to max him, I think JJJ would complement Trae/Capela perfectly. 

Would Memphis agree to that? Is that an overpay on our part? 

I remember around the trade deadline @NBASupes had mentioned Hawks were potentially discussing a deal around Collins/JJJ... Not sure what else was on the table but I'd assume Memphis would love to have Huerters' shooting next to Ja.

Alternatively, we could leave Huerter out of this deal and swap our respective first rounders instead. 

Just now, DS5 said:

With all the arguing of whether to max JC or not, would anyone consider trading him and Huerter for JJJ? I want to keep JC but if management decides they don't want to max him, I think JJJ would complement Trae/Capela perfectly. 

Would Memphis agree to that? Is that an overpay on our part? 

I remember around the trade deadline @NBASupes had mentioned Hawks were potentially discussing a deal around Collins/JJJ... Not sure what else was on the table but I'd assume Memphis would love to have Huerters' shooting next to Ja.

Alternatively, we could leave Huerter out of this deal and swap our respective first rounders instead. 

They pulled JJJ out of all talks. Not even for an overpay which we were discussing which I found out about recently.

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They pulled JJJ out of all talks. Not even for an overpay which we were discussing which I found out about recently.

Overpay? Collins and what else? This could mean we plan on drafting Collins' replacement..(Toppin,OKungwu)Hmm???

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Collins, Kevin, unprotected future picks. Tooooo much and MEM still turned it down. 

And folks on here wonder why I say I don’t think Schlenk is all in on Collins...personally I like Collins (a lot) but since you’ve mentioned this I’ve read in between the lines with what Kirschner has Written regarding Collins next contract as well as some of those Schlenk interviews.

anything that comes out of Schlenk mouth about Collins Next contract is hard for me to believe. I really don’t think Schlenk is completely in for Collins all the way...That doesn’t mean he won’t resign him I just think Collins is more like a fall back plan for Schlenk and this staff and if they can’t find the guy they want or think is a better fit then Schlenk will just allow the market to decide Collins next contract in 2021.

i went fully deep into this opinion of mines... I can see so many different scenarios regarding JC...it’s like he’s untouchable but then he’s really not.

38 minutes ago, JTB said:

And folks on here wonder why I say I don’t think Schlenk is all in on Collins...personally I like Collins (a lot) but since you’ve mentioned this I’ve read in between the lines with what Kirschner has Written regarding Collins next contract as well as some of those Schlenk interviews.

anything that comes out of Schlenk mouth about Collins Next contract is hard for me to believe. I really don’t think Schlenk is completely in for Collins all the way...That doesn’t mean he won’t resign him I just think Collins is more like a fall back plan for Schlenk and this staff and if they can’t find the guy they want or think is a better fit then Schlenk will just allow the market to decide Collins next contract in 2021.

i went fully deep into this opinion of mines... I can see so many different scenarios regarding JC...it’s like he’s untouchable but then he’s really not.

Travis really likes John from all convos with a number of people close to him. I don't want to make it seem like he's not a fan of John but like you said, untouchable, he is clearly not. 

• Moderators
On 5/15/2020 at 9:37 PM, JTB said:

I'm just talking out of my rear but that seems like you are really underselling Collins here.  My guess is that he isn't a fallback at all and that the fallback is what to do if he wants a true max deal and won't take a salary TS is happy with.  Not untouchable but the plan is to keep him.

• Like 2