• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Hield is a 6th man who's now been overpaid.  Useful?  Yes.  Worth his contract?  Eh.

I like Heurter but I wouldn't hesitate to trade him for a true upgrade.

What's a true upgrade for Kev that could actually be available in your opinion? I see him as one of those likely here for awhile guys due to his role value as a 6th man but probably not big enough trade value to net us anything that's a true upgrade. 

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No trade or draft pick is making us a contender for a ring next season. (Unless it's Giannis).

We aren't that far right now, we just aren't that close. We really just need to play and build a squad to our strengths and let the dominoes fall

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We aren't that far right now, we just aren't that close. We really just need to play and build a squad to our strengths and let the dominoes fall

yep.  we're not going to build a contender for this season.  got to build a playoff team first. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What's a true upgrade for Kev that could actually be available in your opinion? I see him as one of those likely here for awhile guys due to his role value as a 6th man but probably not big enough trade value to net us anything that's a true upgrade. 

I wasn't really speaking in specifics.  Just saying he's not untouchable.

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

yep.  we're not going to build a contender for this season.  got to build a playoff team first. 

The easiest way to do that is filling the rest of the roster next year with productive pieces who fit what we do. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

From the playoffs, we are close....from a real championship contender, we aren't close.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The easiest way to do that is filling the rest of the roster next year with productive pieces who fit what we do. 

We need productive pieces, period.....not the Evans, Parsons, Crabbes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I think we should just add to the core and not trade them away while on their rookie contracts.  That would at least give us a chance to see what direction they appear to be going in.  The team didn't tank to then turn around and trade the very pieces the team tanked for in the 1st place.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think we should just add to the core and not trade them away while on their rookie contracts.  That would at least give us a chance to see what direction they appear to be going in.  The team didn't tank to then turn around and trade the very pieces the team tanked for in the 1st place.

My preference as well.  Upgrade the bench...run it back...see where we are at the trade deadline next season...make a move IF needed.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Depends on the deal for me.  Needs to be a clear win or other young piece or I'm firmly in your camp.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Depends on the deal for me.  Needs to be a clear win or other young piece or I'm firmly in your camp.

Schlenk specifically coveted all of his draft pick.  He was going to trade up to draft Huerter.  He was sweating bullets over Reddish.  He did trade up for Hunter.  So I think Schlenk kinda values these guys more than fans.  Plus when you trade players, you lose locker room chemistry.  These guys have already established that they like each other and hang out at events.  Gotta be careful when you are considering changing the team's personnel.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So if we can add a next-level piece via trading 1sts, but it costs Heurter, yall would say no?

Who do you consider next level piece and how many 1sts??? And to what level are they taking us?

Put it this way...not for the 'names' bandied' about in the new country.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who do you consider next level piece and how many 1sts??? And to what level are they taking us?

Put it this way...not for the 'names' bandied' about in the new country.

I dunno, just speaking theoretically. 

How about Oladipo?  Not realistic, just for arguments sake.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I dunno, just speaking theoretically. 

How about Oladipo?  Not realistic, just for arguments sake.

If he wasn't always injured and he has 1 year left on his contract.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Schlenk specifically coveted all of his draft pick.  He was going to trade up to draft Huerter.  He was sweating bullets over Reddish.  He did trade up for Hunter.  So I think Schlenk kinda values these guys more than fans.  Plus when you trade players, you lose locker room chemistry.  These guys have already established that they like each other and hang out at events.  Gotta be careful when you are considering changing the team's personnel.

The Bulls traded Charles Oakley, GS traded Monta Ellis, the Cs traded Al Jefferson....all moves of young players drafted by a team and traded to get an important piece to a ring.  I'm not eager to trade any of our young guys but if the right deal comes along, it could be a mistake to pass on it.  Be careful but don't allow an overabundance of caution to deter you greatness.

• Like 1