• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

The team is not fine as is.  We need upgrades through FA and/or trades.  Other than justification for wanting LP gone, I can’t understand where anyone would think we don’t need upgrades.  That is what the cap room is there for.

Even if you think we have our future starting 5 already, the bench needs major league upgrades.

So your assumption is if I don't think we need to engineer a trade...I don't think  we need to sign free agents or draft players? Weird assumption.

• Premium Member

Here's another challenge:

Take the list of UFA ONLY (no Players with options, no RFAs) for 2020 and build the Hawks for next season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/ufa/

Exclude the following players: Harrell, Bertans, Harris, VanVleet, Milsap and Galinari (these will be the most coveted UFAs)

We keep our 1st rounder  and trade our 2nd for Cash Considerations. You can keep any of our own RFAs if you wish.

Current Team:

PG: Trae Young, Jeff Teague (UFA), Brandon Goodwin
SG: Kevin Huerter, Cam Reddish, Treveon Graham (UFA)
SF: DeAndre Hunter, DeAndre Bembry (RFA), Vince Carter.
PF: John Collins, Skal LaB (RFA), Bruno Fernando
C : Clint Capela, Dewayne Dedmon, Damian Jones (RFA)

So I've been a hawks fan since the lineup was Mookie Smith Laettner Hendo and Mutombo. I didn't have cable and WB showed the games on my 20 inch TV. And I've grown up right outside Atlanta as what feels like the only true Hawks fan in the world. I loved watching Jason Terry develop and Shareef Abdur-Rahim score a bunch of points... drafting the "magician" Al Horford, dissappeared whenever any team needs him, was exactly who I wanted. I wanted Chris Paul a year earlier.

I knew knowing this City with our diversity needed a star and we finally got one in Trae.A I actually loved watching Joe... yeah that Joe with the Suns. They were so fun to watch. Like the Mike Bibby Vladi Divas Christy Chris Webber Paja teams. With Nash Marion Amari and Joe. 

To sign Joe we gave up Diaw who we played at PG! Became a very serviceable C and two future 1st for basically a free agent.

So what do you think a sign and trade for Ingham would look like?

Edited by timebomb

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So your assumption is if I don't think we need to engineer a trade...I don't think  we need to sign free agents or draft players? Weird assumption.

Just relying on your words.  Which I should know by now are unreliable.  Like 40 year old, broken down Kareem Magic’s rookie year, incomplete player Scottie Pippen or “I promise to let you pick my avatar if I lose the bet.”

• Sad 1

Here is mine if we are going this route which does make some sense because you can’t have 12 rookies or 2nd year guys and if we need to fill salary I’m guessing we are picking on the cap 🧢 strapped teams. I don’t know how well the salaries work but I do know who I’d target 🎯.

From the Celtics: Smart/Theis for maybe a package of Dedmon future 2nd cap? I dunno but I do know that Smart would lift us a lot and Theis is a very capable backup 5.

From Denver: Will Barton coming to Atlanta for again for an asset and cap from us. He can tutor our wings. Vince did it offensively and he can add the defensive touch to it.

From the Cavs: Larry Nance jr. Seems like he would work with us I wouldn’t be mad, great leaper and defender and second jumper like John.

From the Magic: Terrence Ross. If we can’t land a Joe Harris we might wanna trade for a vet journey swing man like T Ross. He can get hot 🥵 and shoot the damn lights out.

It’ll be interesting but I agree. We will be seeing some vets join us already on salary and not via draft or free agency. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Exclude the following players: Harrell, Bertans, Harris, VanVleet, Milsap and Galinari (these will be the most coveted UFAs)

Why? The only good team with cap is Miami (who might want to gold space for 2021), and the only other teams with real space are New York, Detroit and Charlotte. We are way more attractive than those guys. PLUS, a lot of those players are on teams with cap issues.

So my (pretty reasonable, I think ) offseason plan is this:

1) draft a guard that can both back up and play next to Trae. Killian Hayes is my pick, nice combo of upside and fit. Haliburton and Ball are interesting 

2) Sign Bertans

3) See what Philly is willing to give up to duck the tax, try to land either Richardson, Thybulle or Simmons from them.

Potential new team:

Trae/Hayes

Richardson/Huerter

Reddish/Hunter

Collins/Bertans

Capela/Dedmon

4) Make the playoffs with a lot of room to grow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timebomb said:

Our pick 5th overall let's say Hueter and Hunter. For Beasley. 

PG Trea SG Beasley SF Cam ect... 

??

Malik Beasley? I wouldn't do that trade to begin with but Beasley is a restricted free agent, we could sign him if we like him that much.

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Why? The only good team with cap is Miami (who might want to gold space for 2021), and the only other teams with real space are New York, Detroit and Charlotte.

I deliberately excluded the top FAs since we've talked about them being the top FAs targets in several iterations in different trades and those are the easy picks.

9 minutes ago, timebomb said:

Our pick 5th overall let's say Hueter and Hunter. For Beasley. 

PG Trea SG Beasley SF Cam ect... 

??

????? No Way.

Edit: saw yr correction.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It depends on what next year's goal is.

Are we still trying to develop the kids to the maximum, or are we trying to make the playoffs?

It can be both. 

Assume we have our starting 5 from our Core 5 plus Capela. Aim for the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I deliberately excluded the top FAs since we've talked about them being the top FAs targets in several iterations in different trades and those are the easy picks.

????? No Way.

Edit: saw yr correction.

I'm not saying do it. But I read an article where it was everyone except Trea for Beal. So what is a realistic trade for Beal? Honestly rather keep building than trade for beal but.. if you were going to. What?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, timebomb said:

I'm not saying do it. But I read an article where it was everyone except Trea for Beal. So what is a realistic trade for Beal? Honestly rather keep building than trade for beal but.. if you were going to. What?

It was the bleacher report article that had Huerter, Reddish, Hunter and 2020 1st for Beal.

I'm not interested in Beal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It was the bleacher report article that had Huerter, Reddish, Hunter and 2020 1st for Beal.

I'm not interested in Beal.

Not at that price!  That's for sure.

I've said this before Capella for Gobert straight up.  We give Utah capspace and Hawks get one of the top defensive centers out there.  I'd then look into prying Jared Allen away from Brooklyn.  Haven't look into the scenarios where that would work.  Would probably have to trade Dedmon then. 

If we somehow pull that off we have our center position locked down for the next few years.  

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Edited: Forgot to put in initial post - We are keeping our CORE 5 and Capela.

It's been updated.

Well damn!..lol

Edited by marco102