• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, AHF said:

D'Lo didn't have a choice in the matter so I'm guessing he pounded the table telling the Minnesota management team that they needed to bring in more talent and it wouldn't surprise me if he told them they should get D'Lo since he was glaringly available from the moment GS signed him.

IIRC before he was SnT'd to Warriors in the KD deal, Minny was trying to clear salary to sign him as a RFA in the offseason. Kyrie signing as a FA made DLo expendable to BKN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IIRC before he was SnT'd to Warriors in the KD deal, Minny was trying to clear salary to sign him as a RFA in the offseason. Kyrie signing as a FA made DLo expendable to BKN.

I'm just saying the dream path is that he gets fed up with the lack of talent around him in Minnesota and I don't think D'Lo is so important that a player couldn't arrive at that point due to his greatness. 

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm just saying the dream path is that he gets fed up with the lack of talent around him in Minnesota and I don't think D'Lo is so important that a player couldn't arrive at that point due to his greatness. 

Knowing how Minny works though, by the time they realize it doesn’t work it’s going to be 2022 or 2023. I think they are gonna try it for a while. 

This is eerily close to the KG path. 

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wrong.  Him, Booker and DLo want to play together.  Their besties.  They swap Hello Kitty trading cards for fun and sit up at night talking to each other.  "You hang up first.  No you hang up first.  tee-hehehe"

Kitty Kat sees Minny as his cold saucer of milk.  He's gonna curl up and lay by the fire there for the rest of his career.  Every once in a while, he'll purrrr reawwy loud to see if they can acquire Booker from PHX without shipping DLo out.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Knowing how Minny works though, by the time they realize it doesn’t work it’s going to be 2022 or 2023. I think they are gonna try it for a while. 

This is eerily close to the KG path. 

This guy's walking down the "kg path".

gpw4.gif

Super weird, rite?

• Haha 3

• Moderators

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wrong.  Him, Booker and DLo want to play together.  Their besties.  They swap Hello Kitty trading cards for fun and sit up at night talking to each other.  "You hang up first.  No you hang up first.  tee-hehehe"

Kitty Kat sees Minny as his cold saucer of milk.  He's gonna curl up and lay by the fire there for the rest of his career.  Every once in a while, he'll purrrr reawwy loud to see if they can acquire Booker from PHX without shipping DLo out.

They might want to play together but don't confuse a Buckeye with a Wildcat.  

e96f36ee01ac1aa52aca3e0e111240e2.jpg

Just saw that and had to drop it in for Bleach.  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Him, Booker and DLo

Wait, Booker wants to play with those two? Wtf 😐 That’s the softest big 3 in history. Why am I even calling them a big 3. See, this is why I hate super teams in the first place. It’s based on name not game. Fine let them get this band going but this ain’t no Beetles. Hell it ain’t even the Monkeys! HEY HEY WERE THE MONKEY!!! 😶 

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait, Booker wants to play with those two? Wtf 😐 That’s the softest big 3 in history. Why am I even calling them a big 3. See, this is why I hate super teams in the first place. It’s based on name not game. Fine let them get this band going but this ain’t no Beetles. Hell it ain’t even the Monkeys! HEY HEY WERE THE MONKEY!!! 😶 

You know this isn't true.  If Giannis and Kwhai Leonard decided to team up with Trae in Atlanta, you know you'd be all for it!  I'd feed off all the other fans' tears! 😄

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Maybe they waste KAT's talents until he turns 30 like Garnett. Its Minnesota, sooner or later history says they will implode. But just maybe Rosas was a good hire. Time will tell but coming from the Rockets is a pretty good notch on the resume.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Time will tell but coming from the Rockets is a pretty good notch on resume.

The Rockets kinda stumbled together it was really orchestrated too much. They had Harden this whole time and had cp3 that turned into Westbrook. I wouldn’t give the guy any awards for it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The Rockets kinda stumbled together it was really orchestrated too much. They had Harden this whole time and had cp3 that turned into Westbrook. I wouldn’t give the guy any awards for it. 

They also drafted Capela 25th and Harrell 32nd back to back in 2014 and 15. I don't know who was over those two picks but given how late they were, pretty solid man.

Trading CP3 for Westbrook was ballsy but I think Rosas was already in Minny by then.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'd love it for us but I'm with Spud in hating the super teams from a 20,000 foot view.  Much prefer the organic team building to guys deciding to take their talents to join up with some friends.  It is just so weak.  

lebron_james_profile.jpg

"Ohhh...its so hard to win a ring when I can only make the NBA finals without my banana boat buddies."

915c5781ebdf607c07d03a7bf63b2269.jpg

Sweet!  Bring me some rings b******s!  I'm the GOAT!

lebron-bosh-wade.jpg

nba_a_kevin-durant2_mb_576.jpg

"Jeez, making the NBA Finals and having a 3-2 lead in the conference finals is just not enough.  Wouldn't it be easier if I just joined the team who beat me?"

31z9ORAZTJL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

"Smash that button!"

klay-thompson-stephen-curry-kevin-durant

"I knew I chose the right team!  Steph even let's me hold the trophy when I'm a good boy."

tenor.gif

HAHA.  I get it. I'm just saying I'm not opposed to the Hawks having that super team. They could put as many asterisks as they needed on those championships. I would not care. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, marco102 said:

HAHA.  I get it. I'm just saying I'm not opposed to the Hawks having that super team. They could put as many asterisks as they needed on those championships. I would not care. 

It is the era we are in.  As long as we are in the era then, yeah, then TS should compete on those terms.  But I'd rather be in an era where a guy wins a championship how Steph won his first or how Giannis would be winning this season than on a "throw these stars together and win!" ala the LA teams this season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

It is the era we are in.  As long as we are in the era then, yeah, then TS should compete on those terms.  But I'd rather be in an era where a guy wins a championship how Steph won his first or how Giannis would be winning this season than on a "throw these stars together and win!" ala the LA teams this season.

I would love for Trae, Collins, all our picks and a bench be able to get it done. But in today's NBA, its not as likely as it use to be. I blame the Celtics for starting it all with Garnett and Allen. LeBron took the plan and improved on it.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I would love for Trae, Collins, all our picks and a bench be able to get it done. But in toady's NBA, its not as likely as it use to be. I blame the Celtics for starting it all with Garrett and Allen. LeBron took the plan and improved on it.

With Garnett and Allen, at least Boston gave up real assets and had to convince other GMs.  That is closer to arms length and less subject to abuse (even though McHale arguably crossed that line for his beloved Sellts) than when players under contract with one team start making plan to join another team together.  That is very ugly to me raising all kinds of issues for fans.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I would love for Trae, Collins, all our picks and a bench be able to get it done. But in today's NBA, its not as likely as it use to be. I blame the Celtics for starting it all with Garnett and Allen. LeBron took the plan and improved on it.

I blame 🧁(doo doo’s rant) for being a Benedict Arnold heartless ❤️ loser. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

I know we are all Hawks fans and whenever we try trade suggestions we all want the Hawks to come out smelling roses but please tell me we dont come across as delusional as these Suns fans:

Trade #1:

John Collins and Dedmon for Kelly Oubre

Trade #2:

Kevin Huerter, Cam Reddish and #4 for Oubre and #10

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I know we are all Hawks fans and whenever we try trade suggestions we all want the Hawks to come out smelling roses but please tell me we dont come across as delusional as these Suns fans:

Trade #1:

John Collins and Dedmon for Kelly Oubre

Trade #2:

Kevin Huerter, Cam Reddish and #4 for Oubre and #10

Good lord thats god awful  as they would need to give me Oubre + pick 10 before i would even talk to them about collins and even then i still probably wouldn't do it because i think we can do much better than Oubre.