• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Richardson is a fantastic player, good on offense and defense, will fit with Trae really nicely and can play SG and even PG, if he joins he would automatically the best wing on the team and Atlanta would make the playoffs. He is still young and can get even slightly better. If we can land him for Huerter I would do it in a heartbeat, his contract is a bargain. However I see no options he join the Hawks.

No on him being the best wing on the team and no need to give up Huerter for him. He would be a salary dump for Philly. Still a good enough player to give us depth.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Seriously, and would you pay a guy like that $12 mil per season?

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Is that pretty much the minimum for a good bench wing these days?

Right now I think it is a bit harder to bite on that.  With the lost revenue this season and the prospect of low revenues next year, it is a bit riskier to absorb that salary for a solid but not great return.  I don't think his contract would ever be an absolute albatross but it is one a team could end up regretting if we end up in a shrinking cap situation.  Under normal times with the cap rising into the future, it would not be as difficult to absorb.

I think it will become very team dependent and Philly is heading towards a cap crunch.  They will market him around and see if they can get some competition but at the end of the day would be happy to give him away.

Who do we think is the next disgruntled guy?  Anybody getting low-ball'd like Harden did by OKC?  Anybody side-eye'n their co-worker 'cause he's getting more shine?  A little teammate-on-teammate friction.  (No, not that kind of friction, @Spud2nique.)

What I'm getting at is .. who's the next guy that might shake loose that the Hawks can nab?

I know pre-bubble, we pretty much surmised there wasn't really anyone out there.  Now, I can see Embiid or Simmons being semi-available.  I can see SAC letting Hield or Bog go.  I can see ThIngram being open to look elsewhere.  I can see LOladipo moving.  If Davis had a spine (which he doesn't), I could see him leaving LAL.

Your thoughts?

• Like 1

Give away a good defensive player that has shot through his career ,430 FG% on playoff teams? Do you really think he would not be a huge upgrade here? He was the major piece coming back for Butler for a reason. You guys do not understand how good he is. He did not shine much behind Embiid, Simmons, Harris and Horford, that is true, that does not maje him a bad player. He is still 26.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Give away a good defensive player that has shot through his career ,430 FG% on playoff teams? Do you really think he would not be a huge upgrade here? He was the major piece coming back for Butler for a reason. You guys do not understand how good he is. He did not shine much behind Embiid, Simmons, Harris and Horford, that is true, that does not maje him a bad player. He is still 26.

The reason was that Butler was an unrestricted free agent and the Heat needed to clear cap room to be able to add Butler.  This wasn't a trade so much as Butler chose to go to Miami and Philly got what they could to help Miami clear the space needed to add him to the team.

That is why Whiteside, Miami picks, etc. were involved.  Miami was paying the price to clear the cap space it needed to add Butler.  Philly had zero leverage to get back value other than being able to pull off a S&T which made clearing that space easier.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Who do we think is the next disgruntled guy?  Anybody getting low-ball'd like Harden did by OKC?  Anybody side-eye'n their co-worker 'cause he's getting more shine?  A little teammate-on-teammate friction.  (No, not that kind of friction, @Spud2nique.)

What I'm getting at is .. who's the next guy that might shake loose that the Hawks can nab?

I know pre-bubble, we pretty much surmised there wasn't really anyone out there.  Now, I can see Embiid or Simmons being semi-available.  I can see SAC letting Hield or Bog go.  I can see ThIngram being open to look elsewhere.  I can see LOladipo moving.  If Davis had a spine (which he doesn't), I could see him leaving LAL.

Your thoughts?

Donovam Mitchell seems unhappy and is good friends with Trae.

There’s definitely smoke with the sixers trading Simmons or Emiid and I’m definitely throwing an offer to Philly for Ben. If the cavs think they can get him, we definitely could. I think I’d offer Huerter, John, and a first as long as it isn’t top 2.

Beal is as good as gone but they will want to see him play with John Wall again first I’m sure.

Derozan could be had and he’d definitely make the hawks a lot more respectable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Richardson is a fantastic player, good on offense and defense, will fit with Trae really nicely and can play SG and even PG, if he joins he would automatically the best wing on the team and Atlanta would make the playoffs. He is still young and can get even slightly better. If we can land him for Huerter I would do it in a heartbeat, his contract is a bargain. However I see no options he join the Hawks.

Really?  I mean he's ok, but damn..lol

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, NBAchamps2016 said:

There’s definitely smoke with the sixers trading Simmons or Emiid and I’m definitely throwing an offer to Philly for Ben. If the cavs think they can get him, we definitely could. I think I’d offer Huerter, John, and a first as long as it isn’t top 2.

Beal is as good as gone but they will want to see him play with John Wall again first I’m sure.

I wish Derozan could shoot 3's. lol. Hes pretty much deadly midrange and in the post..But we need SHOOTERS..lol

Edited by terrell

hace 4 horas, AHF dijo:

The reason was that Butler was an unrestricted free agent and the Heat needed to clear cap room to be able to add Butler.  This wasn't a trade so much as Butler chose to go to Miami and Philly got what they could to help Miami clear the space needed to add him to the team.

That is why Whiteside, Miami picks, etc. were involved.  Miami was paying the price to clear the cap space it needed to add Butler.  Philly had zero leverage to get back value other than being able to pull off a S&T which made clearing that space easier.

My memory is really bad but there were other suitors for Butler and Miami was really reluctant to give away Richardson as he was coming of his best season and showing flashes on half the season as go to scorer option, he was his primary scorer for a playoff team.

He is really a special player with a lot of good things, much better than Joe Harris for example, half of this forum is willing to pay for him more than for Richardson. 

Richardson is more athletic, better defender and shots ,370 from 3pt worst than Harris but still good, can create his own shot... He would be a terrific addition.

2 hours ago, NBAchamps2016 said:

I wish Mitchell were more of a fit game wise.  Sadly, he's not.

I think PHI only trades one if there's a trade demand from either.  Probably more likely they trade Richardson as a sweetener to get rid of Horfords contract.

We shall see.  I hope we can net ourselves a difference maker or two somehow.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I wish Mitchell were more of a fit game wise.  Sadly, he's not.

I think PHI only trades one if there's a trade demand from either.  Probably more likely they trade Richardson as a sweetener to get rid of Horfords contract.

We shall see.  I hope we can net ourselves a difference maker or two somehow.

Thybulle would be the sweetner to get rid of Horford since he's on a rookie contract and under team control for 4 more years. Adding Richardson's $11 mil to Horfords $28 mil isn't sweetner.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thybulle would be the sweetner to get rid of Horford since he's on a rookie contract and under team control for 4 more years. Adding Richardson's $11 mil to Horfords $28 mil isn't sweetner.

wvrr.gif

(Yeah ok, you know what I meant.)

• Haha 3

Three moves I will consider to add salary and talent for the Hawks: 

1. Horford/Richardson for Dedmon- Philly saves 88-90 million dollars in future salary. Gains a decent center. Hawks gain a top 10-15 center on a bad contract and a top 30 wing. Improves our depth tremendously. 

2. Doug M for a future 2nd rounder - Depending on how the cap is, Indy could be in the LT. This will get them out of the LT and give us a quality wing for nothing like IND did to get Warren. 

3. Patty Mills for free - I doubt SAS will be in a tough cap spot but this could be available. This is something Atlanta needs to look at. 

Edited by NBASupes

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No on him being the best wing on the team and no need to give up Huerter for him. He would be a salary dump for Philly. Still a good enough player to give us depth.

Any trade for Richardson needs to be for cap space or non-assets. We aren't in position to trade our young assets for anyone at this stage. Richardson is not Capela, he's not worth a 1st rounder. Capela is. 

• Like 1