• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It don't matter, he's a high-end asset at 10 million in a market where nearly everyone will have cap space. He can be moved easily! 

Collins caphold can be waived at any moment during FA before he makes his decision. If we sign Giannis, goodbye John. 

We know it's a bad contract. No one is arguing against it. Not even me. What I am saying is, it's not a bad value play. It's a great value play. A bad value play is Parsons or Turner. A great value play is Marc Gasol or Serge Ibaka. 

In a vacuum yes, but contract lengths matter. Where you are in team development matters: rebuild vs playoff contention vs championship contention.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

New York - don't they have enough PFs? Lol

Phoenix has capspace to sign Sap without moving Oubre. I guess since Oubre is a FA and they're not bringing him back they're looking to get value for him. They've played well in bubble without him.

Minny - I guess Minny would look to move James Johnson and his expiring if he picks up his option.

Yes, there could be a plethora if COVID impacted teams, we just don't want to become one with the wrong contracts.

Most of them are going to be FAs with team options or 1 million dollar buyouts. I've been told NY wants to put a lot of vets around their young players (Robinson and R.J) and try to win while rebuilding. They are targeting Joe Harris and Paul Millsap. They want to bring Randle off the bench. They want LaMelo Ball like we wanted Hunter last year is also intel that I got. 

They wanted Sap a couple years ago. 

James Johnson is a lock to pickup his option but they have ways to get out of that deal. They are one of the four teams rumored to be looking to move down outside of the lottery or trade out all together. Them, Boston, Nuggets, and Sixers. 

Denver wants to resign Sap as well. 

I did hear the Hawks were interested but Sap people still wants him to start and he's leaning on leaving from what I got. 

Atlanta has been reaching out to agents but the lack of PT makes having the money they have useless as they have their guys and core already. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That can happen to anyone on the roster or any the NBA. What if Giannis gets a significant injury. What if John, LeBron, Leonard, shit, the entire 2021 FA class do? Come on, you are being f***ing ridiculous! That shit ain't likely to happen sis. Be f***ing realistic, he's easily outplaying his contract value. Everyone can see that even Stevie Wonder. 

That ain't bad cap management. You don't understand enough about cap management to make that statement. There's levels to contracts and deals and your roster situation. Our situation has a lot of youth contracts. Therefore, we have a lot of ability to add bigger contracts that might not be good deals market wise but the value of the player is still a very good value. Al is still a very good value. He is still a 5 WAR player and if used right unlike at Philly, is a 7-8 WAR player. That has tremendous value as a starter much less as a backup. These are the moves high IQ teams like Toronto makes. 

You are the one being ridiculous by talking in absolutes about wether Richardson will opt out.

You made a very SPECIFIC claim regarding a Horford trade not having an effect on our MAX cap for 2021, I've laid out the cap numbers based on the guaranteed contracts in 2021and showed why the statement is not accurate.  And yes, we can manuevre and wiggle shit to create that MAX cap...there's just a cost to it, the first you mention being 'waiving Collins' caphold' that would not be an issue if we avoid a Horford trade. It's simple and to the point.

You're right, we won't agree on this.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In a vacuum yes, but contract lengths matter. Where you are in team development matters: rebuild vs playoff contention vs championship contention.

We are in a jumper's position. Not Orlando's. We already have a superstar in Trae Young. We already have a potential All Star level player in John Collins and we think we have another superstar/star in Reddish. We have to build like Dallas, not like Orlando. 

Edited by NBASupes

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You are the one being ridiculous by talking in absolutes about wether Richardson will opt out.

You made a very SPECIFIC claim regarding a Horford trade not having an effect on our MAX cap for 2021, I've laid out the cap numbers based on the guaranteed contracts in 2021and showed why the statement is not accurate.  And yes, we can manuevre and wiggle shit to create that MAX cap...there's just a cost to it, the first you mention being 'waiving Collins' caphold' that would not be an issue if we avoid a Horford trade. It's simple and to the point.

It insane to think Richardson won't opt out of a 10 million contract as a WING in today's NBA. He's worth so much more on the open market. Look at how much a sharp like Harris will get this off-season in a weak market and you think Richardson won't get something close? HA! Come on, know the market please. Wings are going for a premium in today's NBA. 

It don't. If we want Giannis and he wants us, there is NOTHING stopping us from getting him. Therefore it don't. Stop being exact, these are skilled mfers we got in management. Not Pookie playing 2k who even Pookie and em is smart enough to figure this out. 

There is moves that can be make if Atlanta doesn't want to waive the caphold. It's not hard to do. It's only 12 million dollars, not 25 million like D. Russell or KP. I'll do whatever it takes to keep it, that's worth assets. See MIL/Brogdon for example. 

Edited by NBASupes

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Supes got you fired up! I love it (rofl).

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We are in a jumper's position. Not Orlando's. We already have a superstar in Trae Young. We already have a potential All Star level player in John Collins and we think we have another star in Reddish. We have to build like Dallas, not like Orlando. 

Tell me which higher dollar, aging player on a lengthy contract, to be a backup Dallas traded for?

Dallas drafted Luka, then traded for Porzingas and Hardaway.

Just now, marco102 said:

Supes got you fired up! I love it (rofl).

It's all good...me n Supes have had and will continue to have many battles. 

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Tell me which higher dollar, aging player on a lengthy contract, to be a backup Dallas traded for?

Dallas drafted Luka, then traded for Porzingas and Hardaway.

It's all good...me n Supes have had and will continue to have many battles. 

They got that shit contract of THJ but guess what, because they have a great team situation for THJ, his contract isn't even bad with Dallas anymore. We gotta be smart like Dallas. Shit, even if we do the basic IQ shit of Rick Sund, that's an upgrade over the stupid shit we did in the last three years with TS in FA. Alex Len is literally our best FA. If we are that trash at this shit, we need to take obvious trade wins that carry a larger contract. 

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

We would only need him for 15 - 20 minutes and he'd be a great locker room leader.  Watch Sap next time Denver plays. He's still very useful on the court.  He'd be great for 1 to 2 years.

I don’t think the Hawks and Sap are a good fit for each other. Sap is in my top 10 Hawks of all time for the time that he way here though. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'd love to have 'Sap

I’ve been begging for a young Sap for a while, I want Trez but I think if the Clipps win the whole thing he stays and I think they might win it. My finals pick is Clipps vs Raps with Kawhi n co. emerging in 6.

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t think the Hawks and Sap are a good fit for each other. Sap is in my top 10 Hawks of all time for the time that he way here though. 

I disagree. I think he's a great fit for any team trying to win. The issue is, a lot of teams also see value in Sap. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree.

Of course you do cuz you didn’t say it. Comon bro, those podcasts you have, I can’t listen to that cuz it’s ALL you bro, debating vs yourself. That’s the kid whose shooting hoops but won’t play 5 on 5. 

Yes Sap is a productive player but it’s not the right fit for us or him. Not too hard to understand there. Now, he’s gonna quote my post and go off on another tangent watch.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Of course you do cuz you didn’t say it. Comon bro, those podcasts you have, I can’t listen to that cuz it’s ALL you bro, debating vs yourself. That’s the kid whose shooting hoops but won’t play 5 on 5. 

Yes Sap is a productive player but it’s not the right fit for us or him. Not too hard to understand there. Now, he’s gonna quote my post and go off on another tangent watch.

The podcast with us all will be coming soon. You will have more than enough time to make your points there spud. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

In this instance, the fanboy is you.  You love Horford.  I'm not willing to mess up future cap with bringing him in.  If his contract was more reasonable, I'd be willing to swing a deal to bring him in.  I'm way more on the bring Milsap back train than Horford. 

MIlsap on a 1 yr deal would be great. He can back up Collins while mentoring Okungwu or Toppin(for Supes). lol

Edited by terrell

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I like these four off-season moves a lot: 

Draft Obi Toppin in the top 5. 

Trade Bruno, Dedmon, and cash considerations for PHI 2020 1st rounder (OKC), Horford, and Richardson

Move up a bit around 15-19 range to get Killian Hayes or Cole Anthony if they slip. 

Draft Tille with our 2nd rounder. 

Trae/Anthony or Hayes/Teague

Reddish/Kevin/FA or Bembry

Hunter/Richardson/FA or Graham

Collins/Toppin/Tille

Capela/Horford/Skal

1-13 with insane depth. 

1-10 can all be + WAR players. 

Best depth in the eastern conference with Toronto. 

Finally a team that can win around Trae Young. 

Here are more guys. 

I already mentioned McDermott and Looney already as has others. 

Kelly Oubre

Beljica 

Cory Joseph 

Patty Mills, Aminu, Dwight Powell and his terrible contract, James Johnson and his Allen Crabbe contract. 

Aminu for the rights to Alpha Kaba is a great trade to me as well. 

If we can land Aminu and Horford as our backup 4/5, that would be insane especially considering how we play defense and both fit our offensive style of play to a T while neither fit the style of play of their current teams. I do think Philly needs to mix things up more like Nick Nurse does with Toronto considering the personnel on the court. 

Edited by NBASupes