• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

With Vlade Divac out as Kings GM and Joe Dumars taking over, it'll be interesting to see what direction the Kings go...another rebuild? Or stay the course?

Will they:

1. Resign Bogdan or do a SnT with another team

2. Trade Buddy Hield

3. Make Bjelica available 

4. Make Cory Joseph availble

5. Move on from Harrison Barnes 

6. Sign Fox to an early extention

They may be ripe for the picking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Hawks get: Wendell Carter + 44th pick (2020 draft)

Bulls get: Hawks 2020 1st (picks outside of 1-3) + Bruno Fernando

Bulls have to find a new coach. They’re 3 main pieces are Lavine, Lauri and Wendell. Something tells me they might need a mini tear down and rebuild again. I doubt they do this but then again, they are the Bulls.

I DO NOT DO THIS TRADE IF THE HAWKS GET PICKS 1-3. That’s just me.

This for you Jambrad. 😉 😘 

I'd be hesitant to do Bruno for Carter straight up.

I'd do it, but I'd have to be happy with Carter's medicals first.... and I'd tell his momma to stay in Chicago. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd be hesitant to do Bruno for Carter straight up.

I will endure a lot of embarrassments in my life but for gods sake don’t make me crawl through the mud and have the Bulls laugh at us and hang up. Not a shot at Bruno by any means I like him but Carter is in another tier. Possibly 2. MPJ was also injured and he’s bounced back. Although how bad is Wendell’s? I don’t want a guy whose “injury prone” but I don’t think he’s gonna be that throughout his career, medicine is too damn good.

On 8/15/2020 at 11:32 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

With Vlade Divac out as Kings GM and Joe Dumars taking over, it'll be interesting to see what direction the Kings go...another rebuild? Or stay the course?

Will they:

1. Resign Bogdan or do a SnT with another team

2. Trade Buddy Hield

3. Make Bjelica available 

4. Make Cory Joseph availble

5. Move on from Harrison Barnes 

6. Sign Fox to an early extention

They may be ripe for the picking.

I wouldn't mind Bjelica and Joseph at all.....

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Kings can't be this stupid, but then again they're the Kings. Hawks should jump right in - cheaper option than Bertans.

I'd take him and Cory Joseph into capspace - Backup PG and PF slots filled.

Go get him Travis..

• Like 2

On 8/15/2020 at 11:47 PM, Spud2nique said:

I will endure a lot of embarrassments in my life but for gods sake don’t make me crawl through the mud and have the Bulls laugh at us and hang up. Not a shot at Bruno by any means I like him but Carter is in another tier. Possibly 2. MPJ was also injured and he’s bounced back. Although how bad is Wendell’s? I don’t want a guy whose “injury prone” but I don’t think he’s gonna be that throughout his career, medicine is too damn good.

Carter is better than Bruno in a vacuum, but we're not dust bunnies (i.e. we don't live in a vacuum).  His health is a question plus he's not lived up to his billing either.

• Confused 1

On 8/16/2020 at 7:41 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

The Kings can't be this stupid, but then again they're the Kings. Hawks should jump right in - cheaper option than Bertans.

I'd take him and Cory Joseph into capspace - Backup PG and PF slots filled.

We need to jump on this. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TRW said:

I wouldn't mind getting Buddy Hield and Cory Joseph.

Give me Bjelica and Joseph..

They can keep Buddy....lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, terrell said:

Give me Bjelica and Joseph..

They can keep Buddy....lol

I agree . I don’t see a need for Buddy at the 2 off the bench since we have Huerter who to me should be the 2 coming off the bench but then again we are living in an era where all the experts say you can never have too many wings 🤷🏾‍♂️

20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

No to Buddy Hield and Bjelica. These are some of the worst defenders in the league!

We're not going to find a stretch 4 who's also a great defender in FA or the draft..Just sayin.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Because of the uncertainty about next season's projected league revenues, a delay to the Oct. 18 start of free agency would give the NBA and NBPA a chance to better formulate the parameters of the 2020-21 salary-cap and luxury-tax thresholds.

The hope is that, the longer the league waits on every decision and projection, the latest information on the coronavirus pandemic can offer a better understanding of whether there is a possibility of playing games in 2020-21 with fans in arenas, which is vital to the league's financial health. Commissioner Adam Silver told the players in a conference call in May that game-night receipts account for 40% of NBA revenues.

Per BR :

I would do this personally. I like Huerter but I would do this.

The Trade: Atlanta Hawks send the No. 6 pick, Kevin Huerter and a 2022 first-round pick (via Oklahoma City Thunder, top-14 protected) to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the No. 1 pick

This all depends on Atlanta seeing Georgia product Anthony Edwards and deciding it must have him as Trae Young's long-term backcourt sidekick.

Edwards is one of the few players who appear to be locked into a top-three spot, and it's entirely possible the Wolves view him as the obvious pick at No. 1. But if Minnesota focuses on Edwards' dubious shot selection and inconsistent defensive effort, it could just as easily decide the Hawks' offer is too good to pass up.

In Atlanta, the best version of Edwards would add high-end shot-creation and a ton of heft alongside the slight Young. At a chiseled 6'5", the scoring guard has the frame and athletic ability to develop into an ace defender, something the Hawks badly need so they can hide Young on that end.

Huerter probably profiles as a reserve in Minnesota as the team is likely to retain Malik Beasley in restricted free agency. But there's no such thing as having too much shooting, and Red Velvet is at 38.3 percent from deep for his career despite shuttling in and out of the rotation due to injury. He can play, and whomever the Wolves grab at No. 6 could end up being just as valuable as Edwards.

• Like 2