• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Per BR :

I would do this personally. I like Huerter but I would do this.

The Trade: Atlanta Hawks send the No. 6 pick, Kevin Huerter and a 2022 first-round pick (via Oklahoma City Thunder, top-14 protected) to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the No. 1 pick

This all depends on Atlanta seeing Georgia product Anthony Edwards and deciding it must have him as Trae Young's long-term backcourt sidekick.

Edwards is one of the few players who appear to be locked into a top-three spot, and it's entirely possible the Wolves view him as the obvious pick at No. 1. But if Minnesota focuses on Edwards' dubious shot selection and inconsistent defensive effort, it could just as easily decide the Hawks' offer is too good to pass up.

In Atlanta, the best version of Edwards would add high-end shot-creation and a ton of heft alongside the slight Young. At a chiseled 6'5", the scoring guard has the frame and athletic ability to develop into an ace defender, something the Hawks badly need so they can hide Young on that end.

Huerter probably profiles as a reserve in Minnesota as the team is likely to retain Malik Beasley in restricted free agency. But there's no such thing as having too much shooting, and Red Velvet is at 38.3 percent from deep for his career despite shuttling in and out of the rotation due to injury. He can play, and whomever the Wolves grab at No. 6 could end up being just as valuable as Edwards.

MIN will have far better offers than that.

Spud, I need your thoughts on Edwards BSPN interview.

"So, whatd you learn in college?"

"Uh, I had a lotta bad games so I learned how to deal with those.  I mean, I had a lot of bad games."

Like, who prepped him?  Hold up cue cards next time.  Geez.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Spud, I need your thoughts on Edwards BSPN interview.

I saw the whole interview but i gotta admit Taylor had me distracted. He was gaming her too so I thought that was smooth. I was impressed on his pick up game for a youngster for sure. He was really feelin himself. Lol. 

Now that he’s out of our range unless we trade up, I think he’s an inefficient chucker but still put up number but won’t translate to winning. 

Fansided trade purposal borrowed:

We keep #6 which is key but take a step back in timeframe as far as winning. 🤔 

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2Ftimberwolves.png
TIMBERWOLVES GET
JOHN COLLINS
KEVIN HUERTER

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2Fhawks.png
HAWKS GET
2020 NO. 1 OVERALL PICK
JAKE LAYMAN
NAZ REID

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Hawks get :  #8 + Frank Ntilikina 

Knicks get :  #6 + 2021 2nd round pick (via MIA)

Some of you liked him a lot. 6.2 mill for 2020-21 and a qualifying 8.3 in 21-22.

Give us a combo defensive guard behind Trae or with him at times. Drops us a couple spots but it could be beneficial in adding a young impact vet and getting some bang to fill out the roster for our buck and still remain flexible.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Per BR :

I would do this personally. I like Huerter but I would do this.

The Trade: Atlanta Hawks send the No. 6 pick, Kevin Huerter and a 2022 first-round pick (via Oklahoma City Thunder, top-14 protected) to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the No. 1 pick

I don't want to give up 1 1st round pick for this bust waiting to happen but y'all want to give up 3 1st round picks for this dude?  Don't listen to them Schlenk! 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't want to give up 1 1st round pick for this bust waiting to happen but y'all want to give up 3 1st round picks for this dude?  Don't listen to them Schlenk! 

Trading a haul now is basically like getting saved from a burning building then clawing your way back in.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Trading a haul now is basically like getting saved from a burning building then clawing your way back in.

I disagree. It’s the blonde. 👱‍♀️ running back up the stairs in the horror movie 🎥! By the way Peo it was borrowed so don’t yell at me.

• Like 2

Hawks get :  #8 + #27

Knicks get :  #6 

I'll do this one. 

We will still have a REALLY small shot at Toppin and Okoro.  Also a good shot at Williams, Haliburton, and Hayes

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

Fansided trade purposal borrowed:

We keep #6 which is key but take a step back in timeframe as far as winning. 🤔 

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2Ftimberwolves.png
TIMBERWOLVES GET
JOHN COLLINS
KEVIN HUERTER

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2Fhawks.png
HAWKS GET
2020 NO. 1 OVERALL PICK
JAKE LAYMAN
NAZ REID

I apologize it was late and it seemed nice with Trae/ant 🐜/Cam/Hunt/Capela

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'll do this one. 

We will still have a REALLY small shot at Toppin and Okoro.  Also a good shot at Williams, Haliburton, and Hayes

Ya it seems somebody has to drop out of the elite 8, just determining how much of a drop off between the 6th and 8th pick in the Hawks brass’s minds. 

You all seem to like Frank more than me. I don’t seem as impressed with him but I do love perimeter defense and with Trae, we need a guard defender. 

Considering the pick is in that netherworld of 'take it or leave it' does that bring the Jrue trade back onto the table?  If we could pull off something like 6+salary for Jrue and the PeliCan'ts 1st.  I'd jump at that like @Spud2nique jumps at a chance to diss sCurry.

Speaking of sCurry, spud and I can't be the only ones getting the 'fake-a** suburban gangster' vibe from his appearance at the lottery last night.

Oooooh, I got cornrows so now I'm tough. 🙄

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Considering the pick is in that netherworld of 'take it or leave it' does that bring the Jrue trade back onto the table?  If we could pull off something like 6+salary for Jrue and the PeliCan'ts 1st.  I'd jump at that like @Spud2nique jumps at a chance to diss sCurry.

Speaking of sCurry, spud and I can't be the only ones getting the 'fake-a** suburban gangster' vibe from his appearance at the lottery last night.

Leave my STEPHanie alone! You bully!

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Twitter is pretty funny about that.  Spud says i'm not allowed to comment.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

sCurry, spud

It’s literally my dream to win a contest against this guy in the ring. Like a celebrity type fundraiser (someone fund me) like the dude that fought Rob Kardashian in the ring and took it way too serious. I think they’d have to pull me off him.

Thanks kg, always knows how to get me ready for my next workout 🏋🏿‍♀️. Shaq said the Admiral didn’t shake his hand 🖐 for inspiration..lost my train 🚂 of thought..