• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I found out Al has an admirer but I don't know if a deal will happen. Depends on the terms. FYI, its not us although you never know. 

Only teams that fit Alice.

East- Bucks HEAT Nets

West- Rockets Mavs Suns (to extend career through facility and style of training)

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I found out Al has an admirer but I don't know if a deal will happen. Depends on the terms. FYI, its not us although you never know. 

I got 6 suitors for him.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Only teams that fit Alice.

East- Bucks HEAT Nets

West- Rockets Mavs Suns (to extend career through facility and style of training)

I got 6 suitors for him.

None of those teams have the cap space or willing to throw in the towel for 2021 FA for Al. It's an non-bubble team. That's all I can say but not us. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

FYI: Don't be surprised if we trade for old Hawks again if that means we get an asset in return 

First you suggest Randall isn't a sieve on defense.  Now you're hintimating old Hawks returning (and assuming we all don't know you're talking about Al).

Did you forget to take your meds, supes?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can see why. 

I don't either.

Any Hawk. Recent or past. Do not be surprised. They make up a surplus on the better 1st/Player assets out there. 

Well we already have Ded and Teague back.  Moose, Dennis, Sap, DMC, Korver, Al, Scott, Prince...there's a lotta them :laugh:

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 8/23/2020 at 3:07 AM, Spud2nique said:

Does this help? Smart just makes winning plays.

"He just made a lot of winning plays," Stevens gushed after the win. "He still hasn't seen the ball go through the net like he's used to, but it doesn't even affect him. The guy's all about one thing and that's winning. He was great again tonight."

Not really.  Like saying he hasn't seen the ball go through the net like he's used to --- eh.  He is a career 34.8% FG% shooter in the playoffs who is shooting 33.3% this year.  It's worse than average for him but he's never good.  I know he is all about the defense.  I think he loses you games on offense but wins you more on defense.  Then you factor in the price for what he gives.  Still leaves me confused on how attractive he is. 

Looking at those career playoff numbers over 1445 minutes, he is a career 11.3 PER, -0.4 OWS (negative), 1.9 DWS, 0.048 WS/48, -0.2 BPM (negative driven by -1.9 OBPM) and a 0.6 VORP.  He is worse in every category than Tony Allen and very similar to Bruce Bowen as a point of reference.

Knowing that Stevens and Ainge really like his competitiveness helps me respect him some more but those guys have made some mistakes themselves which have prevented them from ever being contenders despite getting a bucketload of Grade A extra resources from Brooklyn so I don't take their priorities and judgments as gospel.  (Plus, can't help disliking Ainge.)

If you offered him to me for free, I'd snatch him up despite not loving guys who are painful to watch shooting the ball. But how much would I give for him in a trade at his price tag?  Tough.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Not sure i'm that excited about any of them.   You left off Lou Williams.

I'd take Prince and #19 back. Play Prince at back PF.

That #19 pick has been really good to the Hawks - Collins and Huerter.

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

First you suggest Randall isn't a sieve on defense.  Now you're hintimating old Hawks returning (and assuming we all don't know you're talking about Al).

Did you forget to take your meds, supes?

Lol, Randle has a -.4 defensive RAPTOR and he's showed that he can defend in space consistently. 

Yep. I think so.

I only take vitamins my friend.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd take Prince and #19 back. Play Prince at back PF.

That #19 pick has been really good to the Hawks - Collins and Huerter.

I agree. I think Atlanta will do a deal like this, mainly this deal. I don't have any info that says they will but I know this is available from Brooklyn and I know Atlanta is looking for another 1st rounder. Makes sense.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

None of those teams have the cap space

That doesn’t eliminate them from a trade to get Horford. Although you may be right he’s really a trash 🗑 guy now so even if you are a contender, you saw what happened in Philly. If he can’t excel in Philly and take pressure off Embiid then I think it’s time for Alice to get that sex change he’s always wanted and move to the Bahamas 🇧🇸 (ya I know he’s Dominican but that’s where they send their prisoners like England with Australia 🇦🇺).

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, Randle has a -.4 defensive RAPTOR and he's showed that he can defend in space consistently. 

Yep. I think so.

I only take vitamins my friend.

I don't buy defensive "metrics".  Randall is not a winning player and is selfish offensively.  I don't care what the "numbers" say.

You check the ingredients of those "vitamins"?  Don't end up being hawksquawk John Collins. 🙃

• Haha 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow. The squawk is off it’s game. You want someone to offer Smart for free. I said Smart not Horford. 🤦‍♀️ 

I don't expect someone to do that.  I was saying it was a no-brainer that I would take him for free.  But if you want the Hawks to trade value back for him on a 2-year, $28M deal then I'm starting to get very uncomfortable as that value increases.  Can you sign someone as good as Smart for $14M per?  Can you pay someone that money without having to give up any assets who can generate 11.3 PER, -0.4 OWS (negative), 1.9 DWS, 0.048 WS/48, -0.2 BPM (negative driven by -1.9 OBPM) and a 0.6 VORP?  I'd say it is pretty possible. 

Those guys like Tony Allen and Bruce Bowen were great fits on championship teams in part because they were always incredibly cheap.  Smart isn't cheap.  He needs to be a core guy if you are paying him ~12% of your cap space and I'm not sure he is that good.   Really like the defense and competitiveness but that clanky jumper legit hurts your team when he is on the floor.  Like I said, it isn't clear to me whether trading for him is something that gets you over the hump for the long-term.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't expect someone to do that.  I was saying it was a no-brainer that I would take him for free.  But if you want the Hawks to trade value back for him on a 2-year, $28M deal then I'm starting to get very uncomfortable as that value increases.  Can you sign someone as good as Smart for $14M per?  Can you pay someone that money without having to give up any assets who can generate 11.3 PER, -0.4 OWS (negative), 1.9 DWS, 0.048 WS/48, -0.2 BPM (negative driven by -1.9 OBPM) and a 0.6 VORP?  I'd say it is pretty possible. 

Those guys like Tony Allen and Bruce Bowen were great fits on championship teams in part because they were always incredibly cheap.  Smart isn't cheap.  He needs to be a core guy if you are paying him ~12% of your cap space and I'm not sure he is that good.   Really like the defense and competitiveness but that clanky jumper legit hurts your team when he is on the floor.  Like I said, it isn't clear to me whether trading for him is something that gets you over the hump for the long-term.

Good stuff. Hey AHF, if I put someone on ignore, can they still read my material (and copy my stuff)? Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't think Danny would trade that man for the 1st in this draft just knowing how Danny sees Marcus as does Brad

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Good stuff. Hey AHF, if I put someone on ignore, can they still read my material (and copy my stuff)? Thanks in advance.

If you put someone on ignore, I'm pretty sure they can still read your posts but you won't see their posts.  

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

I don't think Danny would trade that man for the 1st in this draft just knowing how Danny sees Marcus as does Brad

I acknowledge I may be underrating him.  I just don't see him as a big difference maker - more like a plus role player who probably is great in practice and in the lockeroom and is a pitbull on the court in between bricking jumpers.

Ainge has passed on some trades for available superstars that might have won Boston a championship due to his want to win every trade and keep his beloved core players so I'd again say he isn't the end-all, be-all view for me on whether I'd want Smart on the Hawks roster expecting 30+ mpg.  

For our team, for example, I'm higher on where Cam will be in 2 years than where Smart will be.  If we have to short-change Cam's minutes to feed Smart, I'm not sold on that.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I acknowledge I may be underrating him.  I just don't see him as a big difference maker - more like a plus role player who probably is great in practice and in the lockeroom and is a pitbull on the court in between bricking jumpers.

Ainge has passed on some trades for available superstars that might have won Boston a championship due to his want to win every trade and keep his beloved core players so I'd again say he isn't the end-all, be-all view for me on whether I'd want Smart on the Hawks roster expecting 30+ mpg.  

For our team, for example, I'm higher on where Cam will be in 2 years than where Smart will be.  If we have to short-change Cam's minutes to feed Smart, I'm not sold on that.

True. Danny has a hard on for his guys. What the market is for them, for Danny it's like, only for Michael Jordan or LeBron, lol

• Haha 1