• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It actual depends on what they do in the offseason, first with Aaron Gordon who they have been trying to unload. Do they keep him with Isaac out? If Fournier picks up his option, will he be trade fodder.

Things change quickly. Just last week you created a topic about players being 'now available' when you didn't think so before. Just like all these teams saying they want to bring back all their FAs. They're not gonna say anything different. But until pen hits paper with the right offers there is still a chance they don't.

I keep saying it just based on based COVID CBA expectations for this offseason and the next.

Yep..

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

That doesn't mean they will be a tanking squad. We will not know if they are a tanking squad till the middle of next season at the earliest. Detroit is a tanking squad. 

So Detroit will probably let Christian Wood sign elsewhere in FA?

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It actual depends on what they do in the offseason, first with Aaron Gordon who they have been trying to unload. Do they keep him with Isaac out? If Fournier picks up his option, will he be trade fodder.

Things change quickly. Just last week you created a topic about players being 'now available' when you didn't think so before. Just like all these teams saying they want to bring back all their FAs. They're not gonna say anything different. But until pen hits paper with the right offers there is still a chance they don't.

I keep saying it just based on based COVID CBA expectations for this offseason and the next.

They want value for Gordon. Too much value.

Let's just say I don't have any reason to believe they will be rebuilding this upcoming year yet

47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't mind helping out with cap room for a good vet 

Frank from the Knicks

The PG from the Suns they drafted Harris

Norm Powell from the Raptors 

I don't know who from Miami.

Id take Powell all day....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Frank from the Knicks

lol Knicks get rid of one bad knee, and then want to sign another....

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Frank from the Knicks

If they trade for Oladipo, doesn't seem like they'd draft Edwards.  Where would the playing time come from?  Especially if O re-signs there. 

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

If they trade for Oladipo, doesn't seem like they'd draft Edwards.  Where would the playing time come from?  Especially if O re-signs there. 

Hawks need to bring Beasley home if this happens. lol

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We lost the trade, that's the bottom line. I cant think of any significant trade we have clearly won in the Schlenk era.

Nah that was a mutually beneficial trade. Don't forget Dennis had that nightclub incident as well around that time and it was clear he didn't want to be in Atlanta. We did what we needed to do with that trade.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Nah that was a mutually beneficial trade. Don't forget Dennis had that nightclub incident as well around that time and it was clear he didn't want to be in Atlanta. We did what we needed to do with that trade.

As hard as I've been on TS for losing trades and doing stupid deals, this one made sense. 

7 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Trades outcomes are not based on what was best at the time, they are based on what ultimately happened. They got the 6th man of the year, who is playing a vital role for them. We had to pay Carmelo Anthony 25 mil to go away. And the 1st round pick we got is lottery protected, if it doesn't convey it becomes two second rounders. That is a garbage deal. Schlenk sucks at trades, he just does. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

As hard as I've been on TS for losing trades and doing stupid deals, this one made sense. 

It made sense to trade a talented young scoring guard with the potential to be one of the best back ups in the league, and have eat Carmelo's 25 mil, which the Thunder were desperate to get rid of all, and all we get is a lottery protected 1st that could convey into 2 2nds? That is a shit deal, stop kidding yourself.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

It made sense to trade a talented young scoring guard with the potential to be one of the best back ups in the league, and have eat Carmelo's 25 mil, which the Thunder were desperate to get rid of all, and all we get is a lottery protected 1st that could convey into 2 2nds? That is a shit deal, stop kidding yourself.

I think this is human nature.  You get a bad deal if you don't believe in the value of what you are trading.   Travis just wanted to dismantle everything associated with the previous regime.  

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I think this is human nature.  You get a bad deal if you don't believe in the value of what you are trading.   Travis just wanted to dismantle everything associated with the previous regime.  

At least you're admitting it was a bad deal. No one wanted Carmelo, nobody. Dennis is a talented guy. That trade warrants an unprotected 1st, or a very lighty protected 1st at a minimum. But a lottery protected 1st that transfers into 2 2nds? We were robbed. Travis is the guy that sells his house for way less than market value because he's so anxious to move. 

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

But remember the other piece.  Dennis had to be gone to clear the path for Trae to get big minutes.   It isn't hard to see this become a disaster if we hold Dennis looking for a better deal and then Trae starts off with his disastrous first month or two of his rookie year.  

So based on what happened with Trae's development, I think you can make the case that it was the right call to move Dennis quickly.  Did TS get great value?  No.  He didn't.  But there was value in ensuring a clear path for Trae's development and what ultimately happened is he blossomed into what I would say is a young superstar so the regret doesn't run deep for me on this deal.

I wish this was more like soccer where we can loan Dennis to a team

• Like 2
  • Haha 1