Let's Talk Trade Ideas!


Recommended Posts

  • Premium Member
On 8/31/2020 at 11:55 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

 

 

Part Deux:

 

 

Mostly about trading for Simmons or Embiid which will cost everything but Trae and Reddish

Quote

What I’ve learned in my two seasons covering the NBA now is sometimes it is absolutely meaningless what a coach or executive publicly says when it comes to team building. For example, the day before the Hawks traded Omari Spellman last summer, I was speaking with someone in the organization who talked about how Spellman was a part of the future, and the team was not giving up on him, and then he was traded the following morning............over-committing resources toward short term goals is often a recipe for failure. A better strategy is to remain patient, continue growing organically and cultivating assets hoping for the day the league’s ever-changing landscape presents you with the opportunity to acquire a superstar. And then pounce.

 

Sixers are a prime example of what the Hawks should be wary if doing......overcomitting in giving up resourses for Harris then signing him and Horford to those monster deals.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hunter is not a 4, will not be a 4. He will be a 3 for us.  The question you should be asking is do you prefer Ant/Cam at the 2 / 3 or do you prefer Cam/Hunter at the 2/3. Huerter will be off the benc

No.  Wouldn’t trade Collins for Edwards and definitely wouldn’t throw in a pick.  I’m not convinced any particular player will be better than JC.  Decent chance one or two will be better but which one

Man it's gonna be a loooooooooong offseason.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, marco102 said:

I completely read DSers the wrong way. Not sure if that was intentional on your part.

There's usually very subtle humor in my daily activities.... a lot of people don't notice. It was meant to go either way, decided upon by the reader. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So what would you value more in a trade like this say Ant was the hawks main target in general and to get him we have to go to #1.

Would you trade  #6 + Hunter  for #1(Ant) + 17 Cole Anthony talent player or whoever you like there. 

Or would you prefer  Hunter + one of Halliburton, Okoro, Toppin, Ball, Deni etc..  Whoever your favorite choice is at 6.

I personally like Ant a little better than Hunter and think Hunter is a bit blocked as a future starter by Collins at PF and if we got Ant then Cam at SF more than likely.  Plus i think Cam has a ton more upside as a player than Hunter.   But im not sure i like Ant so much more than Hunter that im willing to downgrade from one of those players at 6 to a guy at 17.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Threezus said:

So what would you value more in a trade like this say Ant was the hawks main target in general and to get him we have to go to #1.

Would you trade  #6 + Hunter  for #1(Ant) + 17 Cole Anthony talent player or whoever you like there. 

Or would you prefer  Hunter + one of Halliburton, Okoro, Toppin, Ball, Deni etc..  Whoever your favorite choice is at 6.

I personally like Ant a little better than Hunter and think Hunter is a bit blocked as a future starter by Collins at PF and if we got Ant then Cam at SF more than likely.  Plus i think Cam has a ton more upside as a player than Hunter.   But im not sure i like Ant so much more than Hunter that im willing to downgrade from one of those players at 6 to a guy at 17.

The gave up a lot to get Hunter, they arent trading him. Antman is a risky prospect too. I don't see this happening. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01 sounds like your good buddy ole pal Embiid might be on the move. 

Capela fits Dantonis style though and that’s already been proven. IF it came down to really being able to get Embiid I’d trade capela, plus whatever draft picks throw in huerter and get it done. This league DO NOT WANT TO SEE A....Trae & Embiid showdown with Collins, Cam, Hunter!

of course if they wanted Collins I wouldn’t do that deal unless I could find a trade for capela as well for PF who can spread the floor for Trae and Embiid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Capela fits Dantonis style though and that’s already been proven. IF it came down to really being able to get Embiid I’d trade capela, plus whatever draft picks throw in huerter and get it done. This league DO NOT WANT TO SEE A....Trae & Embiid showdown with Collins, Cam, Hunter!

of course if they wanted Collins I wouldn’t do that deal unless I could find a trade for capela as well for PF who can spread the floor for Trae and Embiid. 

So why did Houston trade him to play 6'6" center PJ Tucker?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Capela fits Dantonis style though and that’s already been proven. IF it came down to really being able to get Embiid I’d trade capela, plus whatever draft picks throw in huerter and get it done. This league DO NOT WANT TO SEE A....Trae & Embiid showdown with Collins, Cam, Hunter!

of course if they wanted Collins I wouldn’t do that deal unless I could find a trade for capela as well for PF who can spread the floor for Trae and Embiid. 

Ill take my chances with Capela..At least he stays in shape..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Ill take my chances with Capela..At least he stays in shape..

Imagine Embiid trying to run up and down the court with Trae.lol..

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So why did Houston trade him to play 6'6" center PJ Tucker?

Because going extremely small is not all on Dantoni but Morey as well. When you think of Dantoni you really don’t think of all this Heavy iso bs that harden and westbrick has become known for..Dantoni is a offensive genius in my opinion, one of the best offensive minded head coaches that the nba has ever had but the Rockets didn’t do anything offensively that reflects his true offensive coaching ability after his first two years in Houston. The team started to allow harden to run the show on how he thought they should play and Dantoni ran with it until the end of his contract...doesn’t make any other sense on why he’d leave a team that has two former recent mvps who’s still in their prime.
 

But Moving on Capela was never the problem and I’m glad we have him here in ATL now (not trying to give him away) I just happen to believe Embiid is the best center in the nba from a talent perspective in a very long time, the guy has great skills and it’s nice to have a guy who can scorer at will in the post wether it’s face up or back to the basket...it would really allow us to have a dominating half court game in my opinion that would be very hard for teams to cover and even better Embiid wouldn’t be taking all these silly ass 3s because he’d have a real point guard for once.......

but one could argue that Capela is a better fit for Trae kinda like  @terrell mentioned however on the flip side in my OPINION if there’s any slight chance at an opportunity to get a player that can easily be in the running for MVP especially when he’s focused you atleast have to consider the deal!

 As far as Houston goes the issue was never capela the real true problem that no one wants to admit is that James Harden who self proclaimed that he’s a top nba scorer of all time (and some others like Cp3 has said it as well ) but Harden has failed to do even what he claims he’s best at when it truly matters in the playoffs. I do not see harden as true superstar player. He’s no better than joe johnson in the playoffs ...he just happen to have deeper team’s . Now he did play better this playoffs in the bubble but 9 years in Houston for most playoffs he’s sorry...takes even more shots in the playoffs to avg his 35 pts per game, shoots low percentages in majority playoffs , the guy is who he is and he’s not up there with the top scorers he don’t elevate his game to another scoring level in the playoffs like Wilt, Jabbar, Jordan, Kobe, even lebron...he wants us to think he’s on mt. Rushmore for scorers and he’s not when you look at the big picture. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2020 at 7:10 AM, thecampster said:

Hunter is not a 4, will not be a 4. He will be a 3 for us.  The question you should be asking is do you prefer Ant/Cam at the 2 / 3 or do you prefer Cam/Hunter at the 2/3. Huerter will be off the bench by the end of the year. Based solely on length and ability to defend next to Trae, you want Cam/Hunter on the floor. Offense is not our problem. That is only going to get better.

I hear ya! I’m all for Hunter at the 3 full time but we have been given the impression by our friends at athletic that Hunters position is still up in the air to the front office based on the articles and quotes we have seen.

so I know you have some inside voices but is this your opinion or is this what you’ve heard ?....even @NBASupes guy said at one point that the front office was going back and forth on if Hunter is a 3 or 4 for us going forward ...I’m not sure if that’s changed but I do recall it.

i would bring up all the quotes but that’s a lot of work for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

 

@kg01 sounds like your good buddy ole pal Embiid might be on the move. 

 

Would definitely be on the phone if this is the case.  

Dealing Embiid to make the roster "D'Antoni Friendly" would not be smart but I'm not a huge Simmons believer.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2020 at 7:10 AM, thecampster said:

Hunter is not a 4, will not be a 4. He will be a 3 for us.  The question you should be asking is do you prefer Ant/Cam at the 2 / 3 or do you prefer Cam/Hunter at the 2/3. Huerter will be off the bench by the end of the year. Based solely on length and ability to defend next to Trae, you want Cam/Hunter on the floor. Offense is not our problem. That is only going to get better.

I'm sorry but this is not as strong a draft as the last few years. Hunter > Edwards.  He is a better 3 point shooter and a better defender. You need a few things right now. You need a long term answer as the backup point guard and you need a legit young big man to push the starters. You have Cam, Hunter, Huerter at the 2/3 right now. Another 2/3 not named Jordan or Bryant is just not smart during a rebuild.

I could kiss you for posting this.  Agree on all counts.  This may both please and dismay you.

10 hours ago, terrell said:

Ill take my chances with Capela..At least he stays in shape..

I hear your concerns but you'd be in the minority on taking Capela over Embiid.  I think a right-coached Embiid dwarfs Capela in terms of impact.  When I say "right-coached" I'm thinking him being in shape and not floating on the perimeter like a tall-a**, fat-a** guard.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JTB said:

I hear ya! I’m all for Hunter at the 3 full time but we have been given the impression by our friends at athletic that Hunters position is still up in the air to the front office based on the articles and quotes we have seen.

so I know you have some inside voices but is this your opinion or is this what you’ve heard ?....even @NBASupes guy said at one point that the front office was going back and forth on if Hunter is a 3 or 4 for us going forward ...I’m not sure if that’s changed but I do recall it.

i would bring up all the quotes but that’s a lot of work for me.

They were asking that question during the season. I have been lead to believe that they do think he's a wing long term and they are fully vested but yeah, it was a legit question, even LP mentioned it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They were asking that question during the season. I have been lead to believe that they do think he's a wing long term and they are fully vested but yeah, it was a legit question, even LP mentioned it. 

Fair enough that’s news to me. The fact that it was questioned made me think other plans could happen. You mentioned it first then it started to appear in Kirschners articles ....but anyway I’m all for hunter long term and full time at the 3! I prefer bigger wings. 

If that is the case and it’s no shock if it is ...I believe that Cam is a no doubt starter at SG heading into camp this offseason  with huerter given the opportunity to take the starting spot back during training camp but going in it’s Cams spot to lose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Well he ain't gonna get that kind of coaching in Atlanta.  Just ask Huerter.

What's this even mean?  Don't answer.  I don't need another peo rant this late at nite.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.