• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

What's this even mean?  Don't answer.  I don't need another peo rant this late at nite.

Last month, Hawks GM Travis Schlenk told reporters that Huerter came into training camp out of shape to start his second year, which he believes exacerbated underlying knee soreness that eventually cost Huerter playing time early in the season. On Wednesday, Huerter told Kirschner that his poor conditioning was a result of trying to bulk up after his rookie season and putting on 10 pounds of bad weight.

https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/kevin-huerter-talks-injuries-diet-and-the-hawks-growth-entering-2021

• Thanks 1

Enough, all ready!  Plans to trade Capela and half the team for a new center..  Clint may not be the best center in the NBA.  History tells us that he is much better than any center that the Hawks have had recently.  CC is a good center.  He's on a very reasonable $$$ contract.  His health is much improved.

To me, the most pressing question is the back up PG.  Is Jeff T. the answer?  If not, then who?  It's well known that I hope we draft Haliburton.  What ever the Hawks do, I believe this is the #1 concern.

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Last month, Hawks GM Travis Schlenk told reporters that Huerter came into training camp out of shape to start his second year, which he believes exacerbated underlying knee soreness that eventually cost Huerter playing time early in the season. On Wednesday, Huerter told Kirschner that his poor conditioning was a result of trying to bulk up after his rookie season and putting on 10 pounds of bad weight.

https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/kevin-huerter-talks-injuries-diet-and-the-hawks-growth-entering-2021

.....and Pierce is directly at fault for ALL of this? Please, Tell us more.

He was more than likely given an offseason diet and workout plan by Chelsea Lane, you know the person in charge of health and fitness.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So the Hawks, after Heurter came in overweight, put him on a plan to get better conditioned ... but you're saying they won't do that for embiid?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Now that's a Gotcha! moment.

Captain Agenda aka peo stepped in one that time.  His comeback will be, "Bwah a better coach would've went to Kevin's house and slapped the ho ho's outta his hand.  Blah, blah, blah ..."

The supposed culture leaders in the league is Miami.  They have guys show up out of shape too.  But, get this, they put them on a plan to get back in shape and set benchmarks for getting back to playing ... which is exactly what the Hawks have done.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Trade Ideas: Patty Mills and Rudy Gay into capspace.

Why for the Hawks? fills the PG and big wing/PF spot, still leaves flexibility for next offseason. Hawks still have $16 million to fill in the roster.  Why for Spur - clears salary (if that's their route).

PG - Trae, Mills, Goodwin

SG - Huerter, Reddish

SF - Hunter, Gay, (#6)

PF - Collins, Skal,

C- Capela, Dedmon, Bruno

Pick #6 - have your choice and rework the position

Question: How would you spend the $12 million (I guaranteed Goodwin and Skal) if this happens? 

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trade Ideas: Patty Mills and Rudy Gay into capspace.

Why for the Hawks? fills the PG and big wing/PF spot, still leaves flexibility for next offseason. Hawks still have $16 million to fill in the roster.  Why for Spur - clears salary (if that's their route).

PG - Trae, Mills, Goodwin

SG - Huerter, Reddish

SF - Hunter, Gay, (#6)

PF - Collins, Skal,

C- Capela, Dedmon, Bruno

Pick #6 - have your choice and rework the position

Question: How would you spend the $12 million (I guaranteed Goodwin and Skal) if this happens? 

SAS values these two. LMA is the one they are looking to move.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, kg01 said:

So the Hawks, after Heurter came in overweight, put him on a plan to get better conditioned ... but you're saying they won't do that for embiid?

Except he wasn't in better shape which caused him to be riddled with injuries for most of the season. Plus he continue to be too weak to guard a chair or draw a fouls.  Sounds like a failed off season to me

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Except he wasn't in better shape which caused him to be riddled with injuries for most of the season. Plus he continue to be too weak to guard a chair or draw a fouls.  Sounds like a failed off season to me

So Jokic injuring his arm on a fluke play, which is why he missed time after getting back in shape per the Hawks' plan, is something coaching could've prevented?

Cmon, peo.  Just bow out gracefully.  The ref is about to call this fight.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So Jokic injuring his arm on a fluke play, which is why he missed time after getting back in shape per the Hawks' plan, is something coaching could've prevented?

Cmon, peo.  Just bow out gracefully.  The ref is about to call this fight.

He started 48 of the 56 games he played, missing 11 games after he strained his left rotator cuff in November (the Hawks went 1-10 without him).

It was enough to take him out of his element and make him look shaky and hesitant for the first several months of the season. His 3-point percentage stayed about the same, going from 38.5% to 38%, but Huerter seemed much less inclined to go to his floater or mid-range shot and just didn’t look like himself at times.

“It did feel like it put me behind, especially, I would say, really the first half of the season… For really only 20 games there was when it felt good,” Huerter said.

“I really think just all year I didn’t feel as explosive as I might have felt my rookie year, didn’t think I was playing around the rim more, wasn’t getting by people the same way, and a lot of that was even when I was healthy enough to play with my knee, I didn’t have the explosiveness or didn’t have the strength in it that I think I’ve had in prior years.”

Fortunately, the Hawks eventually found out why his knee was hurting (he had some internal inflammation, and certain things he was eating and workouts he was doing would make the issue worse).

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/kevin-huerter-moving-past-injuries-the-hawks-future-and-the-just-shooter-label/B0jdtKgPXY4BU7yfKCuH8J/

19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Fortunately, the Hawks eventually found out why his knee was hurting (he had some internal inflammation, and certain things he was eating and workouts he was doing would make the issue worse).

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/kevin-huerter-moving-past-injuries-the-hawks-future-and-the-just-shooter-label/B0jdtKgPXY4BU7yfKCuH8J/

LOL.  You realized this proves @kg01's point that this is not a coaching problem but a Chelsea Lane problem. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who is Chelsea Lane and who hired her?

Ion know man. You'll have to google her name and tell me. 

Also, just so you are more informed.  Huerter has/had a gluten resistance or gluetan intollerance which most people don't even know they have until the inflammation becomes so bad it starts effecting your joints.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Also, just so you are more informed.  Huerter has/had a gluten resistance or gluetan intollerance which most people don't even know they have until the inflammation becomes so bad it starts effecting your joints.

Not hard to diagnose by a competent physician or dietician.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

These also have nothing to do with the coach, which is why you initally said Joel Embiid would not be in shape here. Thanks for proving our point that it's not the coach though.

How does Huerter not being in shape with the Hawks prove that Embiid would be.  I'm confused

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

How does Huerter not being in shape with the Hawks prove that Embiid would be.  I'm confused

19 hours ago, Peoriabird said: