• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
Mike Singer: I think moving on from Harris and/or Barton is a real possibility this offseason. If I had to guess, I’d think Harris might be the more likely one. Two seasons ago, Harris was a borderline All-Star. Injuries hampered his availability and his confidence has been shaky since then. One could argue he’d benefit from a change of scenery. It would be a gut-wrenching move for Tim Connelly, since Harris is one of the staples of the locker room.

Denver might be looking to clear some salary to resign Grant and Milsap. Hawks should take a look depending on cost. 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2020 at 6:28 PM, JayBirdHawk said:
Mike Singer: I think moving on from Harris and/or Barton is a real possibility this offseason. If I had to guess, I’d think Harris might be the more likely one. Two seasons ago, Harris was a borderline All-Star. Injuries hampered his availability and his confidence has been shaky since then. One could argue he’d benefit from a change of scenery. It would be a gut-wrenching move for Tim Connelly, since Harris is one of the staples of the locker room.

Denver might be looking to clear some salary to resign Grant and Milsap. Hawks should take a look depending on cost. 

I'd rather not help Denver retain Grant... I'd rather us help ourselves obtain Grant. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, warcore said:

I'd rather not help Denver retain Grant... I'd rather us help ourselves obtain Grant. 

Agreed.  Trading for Harris would be a bubbilicious move.

Prior to the bubble, I don't think anyone would've been enamored with acquiring him.  He exceled in that unnatural environment, which I don't think will ever be repeated.  To me, he's shown over the course of his career that he can't/won't stay healthy.

He could probably help us but it'd be like 'good game ... out for 2 weeks ... minutes-restriction game .... out for 3 games ... good game ... out for the season'.  Who needs that?

On 10/3/2020 at 7:28 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Denver is not giving either of those guys away. Let's not listen to beat writers please.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I been saying this for a while but KCP should be the focus for us in FA

Had perhaps his best game of the finals in Game 4.  Definitely best offense and a big bounceback on the defensive side of the floor.  If the Lakers can get a reasonably efficient 15 points from him and Butler isn't abusing him then it makes a huge impact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Had perhaps his best game of the finals in Game 4.  Definitely best offense and a big bounceback on the defensive side of the floor.  If the Lakers can get a reasonably efficient 15 points from him and Butler isn't abusing him then it makes a huge impact.

I think we should analyze people independent of whatever happens in the bubble.

Prior to this, would you think he was perfect for us?  Maybe a little, but certainly not a top target for us.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Prior to this, would you think he was perfect for us?  Maybe a little, but certainly not a top target for us.

Yep.  This is a big deal in all these sports.   Folks were talking about some of the pitching performances in mlb and how much easier it potentially is vs pitching in a true road game with fans.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

I was less advocating for him and more pointing out that Game 4 was his high water mark.  He put up 5 points and got mauled by Butler in Game 3.

KCP is a price-point guy for me.  He could be a useful add to our wing rotation but he isn't so good as to be promised a starting job or to go "reach" above TS's valuation of his worth.

• Like 1

I had to share this great trade I found on the Knicks Wall..smh

Details: Charlotte trades the third pick for Atlanta’s Cam Reddish, the sixth overall pick, and a top-five protected 2021 first-round pick.

Anthony Edwards: Anthony Edwards getting to stay home was almost as big a selling point as pairing him up with Trae Young is. Edwards is a gifted player with flaws, vision being one of them. Allowing Trae to worry about running the offense will free Edwards up to focus on his key strength, scoring.

Trading Cam wasn’t an easy call, but there is enough redundancy with De’Andre Hunter and Kevin Huerter that Atlanta could roll the dice.

Are these people insane? lmao

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Details: Charlotte trades the third pick for Atlanta’s Cam Reddish, the sixth overall pick, and a top-five protected 2021 first-round pick.

Anthony Edwards: Anthony Edwards getting to stay home was almost as big a selling point as pairing him up with Trae Young is. Edwards is a gifted player with flaws, vision being one of them. Allowing Trae to worry about running the offense will free Edwards up to focus on his key strength, scoring.

Trading Cam wasn’t an easy call, but there is enough redundancy with De’Andre Hunter and Kevin Huerter that Atlanta could roll the dice.

cf6eff5c02cb51b70865d201cf4f8c81.gif

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, terrell said:

People don't watch the Hawks. So please don't take it seriously. 

• Moderators

Who says no?  The #1 overall pick is offered for Cam Reddish.

Hawks:  "No."

That is my simple view with Cam.  We got him at a steal at 10 in a stronger draft.  If he had been healthy and performed in college like he did for us in 2020, he would be the frontrunner for the top pick.  

It is hard for me to see a trade of any of our core guys for a package centered around a pick in this high risk draft class.

• Like 2