• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

It'll actually help the Rockets if Russ is traded. It'll give them some much needed capspace if they trade him to a team like the Knicks.

..... or Atlanta.  Ohhhhhhh ....

Funny to see we allegedly made his "list".  Makes no dang sense at all but nice to see us get some pub.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

..... or Atlanta.  Ohhhhhhh ....

Funny to see we allegedly made his "list".  Makes no dang sense at all but nice to see us get some pub.

It's 2020....nothing makes sense, but you in 2021 living high on the hog.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

IS PAUL GEORGE WORTH IT???

I was reading all this talk about CP3 going back to the Clipps.   Makes sense that the Clipps would want him because they lack identity.   It makes sense that he would want to go back because CLipps are his team and they are in win now mode.  Ty Lue and CP3 would have a great repoire.  Then I started looking at what about OKC?  What do they get?  The fact that Leonard reached out to CP3 tells me that Leonard is staying.  Unfortunately, they would have to move Paul George to get CP3.   OKC don't want George. 

But we might. 

So in looking at trade machine, this is what I came up with. 

George to Atlanta. 

CP3 to LAC

Capella, Huerter, Hunter, and LouWill to OKC.

From the top...  I think George is a loser.  But.  He gives is a star player.   He gets us to the Playoffs.   Maybe 2nd round. He's a great Backcourt mate with Trae.  He doesn't effect Trae's leadership.  His defense is still Good.  He becomes a role model for Cam.

We can work on the rest of the team through draft and FAcy. 

I would draft BPA.   IF that's Haliburton or Adijva... or NeSmith. 

FAcy... I would beef up and get somebody like Millsap or Len or Ibaka?

Trae, Paul, Collins

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

IS PAUL GEORGE WORTH IT???

George to Atlanta. 

CP3 to LAC

Capella, Huerter, Hunter, and LouWill to OKC.

You are waaay over valuing what CP3 will/should get OKC in trade for CP3. He is on a $41+ million dollar contract for the next 2 years, which is considered neutral value at best.  He was finally healthy to end a season, but I will say the COVID layoff had a lot to do with that.

There is no need for Atlanta to trade Capela in this instance (sign LEN???? Didn't we just go thru this, he was horrible), we have the capspace to take PG13 without sending out salary.

PG13 has the ability to opt out after 1 season, he would need to pick up that option for 2021/22 to make it worthwhile so I'm not trading much beyond Huerter and #6 if he doesn't, even that is a stretch for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Westbrook to Cleveland

Love to Houston

Dedmon to Houston

Nance to Atlanta

-----

Cleveland has a team that can make the playoffs with Westbrook/Drummond - they actually save money

Houston gets someone who can score and rebound with Harden

Atlanta gets a nice young big without impacting payroll.

This is not a rumor.  i just made it up.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Man i don't know why the Rockets can't follow their own example.   Harden is probably the best offensive player in the league.  Adding guys like cp3, westbrook, and now maybe PG makes no sense.   Follow the Hakeem example and just load up with shooters, defenders, role players, rebounders.   Spend the money on that.  Find every 3&D guy and board crasher you can get for the $40 million you save.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Man i don't know why the Rockets can't follow their own example.   Harden is probably the best offensive player in the league.  Adding guys like cp3, westbrook, and now maybe PG makes no sense.   Follow the Hakeem example and just load up with shooters, defenders, role players, rebounders.   Spend the money on that.  Find every 3&D guy and board crasher you can get for the $40 million you save.

If CP3 didn't get injured they could have made the finals. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, aali34 said:

If CP3 didn't get injured they could have made the finals. 

Yeah but not like that was that shocking of a turn of events.   That was the best team though.   And that's because CP3 is a team player.   Westbrook and PG's value is as a primary scorer.  They aren't worth it otherwise.  

• Like 2