• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

If there is a trade for us to be made... I say:

Dedmon/#6 for Holliday/#13. 

Hear me out.

I think Holliday is a good match for Trae in our backcourt.   Mainly because of his defense and his scoring.  Plus, he has good handles. 

#13... is still a good pick.  This draft has flawed players at the top and then til about 15...  6 in one hand,  1/2 a dozen in the other.   I say best player available at 13.

People worried about Holliday's contract.. should be worried about our play.   We have Cam, Huerter, Hunter... who can all grow while Holliday helps us to be better.   IF he leaves.. that's more salary cap space that we can use for a FA next year.  He may want to stay though.   Gives us room to build.   He's better than anybody we can draft.   With good vets like him and Capella.. we should be cooking with grease.   4th or 5th seed in the east. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

If there is a trade for us to be made... I say:

Dedmon/#6 for Holliday/#13. 

Hear me out.

I think Holliday is a good match for Trae in our backcourt.   Mainly because of his defense and his scoring.  Plus, he has good handles. 

#13... is still a good pick.  This draft has flawed players at the top and then til about 15...  6 in one hand,  1/2 a dozen in the other.   I say best player available at 13.

People worried about Holliday's contract.. should be worried about our play.   We have Cam, Huerter, Hunter... who can all grow while Holliday helps us to be better.   IF he leaves.. that's more salary cap space that we can use for a FA next year.  He may want to stay though.   Gives us room to build.   He's better than anybody we can draft.   With good vets like him and Capella.. we should be cooking with grease.   4th or 5th seed in the east. 

You got a vote from me im all in for this move and would love it if we did it.  I think Jrue is the perfect Sg next to trae and the only 2 guys i think would be similar talent if healthy would have been Oladipo or a dream trade to get Brown from the Celtics.   Celtics are highly unlikely to move Brown at all and Oladipo hasn't proven to be healthy enough nor be more than 1 season beast.  So to me that leaves Jrue as the guy i want thats actually attainable and good value for us. 

On 11/12/2020 at 6:48 AM, Diesel said:

IS PAUL GEORGE WORTH IT???

I was reading all this talk about CP3 going back to the Clipps.   Makes sense that the Clipps would want him because they lack identity.   It makes sense that he would want to go back because CLipps are his team and they are in win now mode.  Ty Lue and CP3 would have a great repoire.  Then I started looking at what about OKC?  What do they get?  The fact that Leonard reached out to CP3 tells me that Leonard is staying.  Unfortunately, they would have to move Paul George to get CP3.   OKC don't want George. 

But we might. 

So in looking at trade machine, this is what I came up with. 

George to Atlanta. 

CP3 to LAC

Capella, Huerter, Hunter, and LouWill to OKC.

From the top...  I think George is a loser.  But.  He gives is a star player.   He gets us to the Playoffs.   Maybe 2nd round. He's a great Backcourt mate with Trae.  He doesn't effect Trae's leadership.  His defense is still Good.  He becomes a role model for Cam.

We can work on the rest of the team through draft and FAcy. 

I would draft BPA.   IF that's Haliburton or Adijva... or NeSmith. 

FAcy... I would beef up and get somebody like Millsap or Len or Ibaka?

Trae, Paul, Collins

So let me get this straight.  We lose Capela, Hunter, Huerter

We get to put this team on the floor

PG - Trae

G - Cam

F - PG13

F - Collins

C - Dedmon/Bruno

and we get to keep the #6 pick?

And we still have cap space to add low cost but legit vets to add to the roster?

You pull the trigger on a deal like this INSTANTLY.

On 11/12/2020 at 8:10 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

You are waaay over valuing what CP3 will/should get OKC in trade for CP3. He is on a $41+ million dollar contract for the next 2 years, which is considered neutral value at best.  He was finally healthy to end a season, but I will say the COVID layoff had a lot to do with that.

There is no need for Atlanta to trade Capela in this instance (sign LEN???? Didn't we just go thru this, he was horrible), we have the capspace to take PG13 without sending out salary.

PG13 has the ability to opt out after 1 season, he would need to pick up that option for 2021/22 to make it worthwhile so I'm not trading much beyond Huerter and #6 if he doesn't, even that is a stretch for me.

I understand the thought process behind this.  But that's "scared money".

Every time this franchise has had significant cap space, we find ways not to spend it on someone who could possibly move the needle . . or the guy simply doesn't want to come here.

We are not seen as a franchise that can attract top level free agents, even when we have a Brinks truck to throw at them.   

Speaking of that, would you keep the money or turn it in?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

PG - Trae

G - Cam

F - PG13

F - Collins

C - Dedmon/Bruno

And we still have cap space to add low cost but legit vets to add to the roster?

Only makes sense with an extension. You don't trade that much value and control for a rental unless it's winning you a championship.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BangHolman said:

Only makes sense with an extension. You don't trade that much value and control for a rental unless it's winning you a championship.

If an organization believes that they couldn't retain a player like George once he hits free agency, despite having all of the financial advantages to do so, that's a huge red flag in itself.

That means they have no confidence in their ability to retain the player once he hits the market.

An organization that view players like that as "rentals", will never shoot their shot at top level guys like that.

MEEK MILLZ SCARED MONEY DON'T MAKE NO MONEY SWEATSHIRT | UKCLOTHESSTORE.COM

If an organization believes that they couldn't retain a player like George once he hits free agency, despite having all of the financial advantages to do so, that's a huge red flag in itself.

That means they have no confidence in their ability to retain the player once he hits the market.

An organization that view players like that as "rentals", will never shoot their shot at top level guys like that.

MEEK MILLZ SCARED MONEY DON'T MAKE NO MONEY SWEATSHIRT | UKCLOTHESSTORE.COM

Toronto is a first class organization and won a championship and Leonard still didn’t give them the time of day once he became a FA. And before you say it, PG isn’t going to lead us to a championship this season lol

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, High5 said:

Toronto is a first class organization and won a championship and Leonard still didn’t give them the time of day once he became a FA. And before you say it, PG isn’t going to lead us to a championship this season lol

He didn't give us the time of day either.  We weren't even on his radar, despite the money we could've given him.  And that's part of my reasoning.

The only way for us to get a player like that, is to do exactly what Toronto did.  They literally gave up Mr. Raptor, for a chance to win a title.

Meanwhile, we won't even give up 2 plain wings in order to get a high quality player, because they may have the "potential" to become Lemon Pepper wet wings.

50 Chicken Wing Recipes : Food Network | Recipes, Dinners and Easy Meal  Ideas | Food Network

This organization needs to get Trae used to playing winning basketball.  Hopefully the squad we've assembled will achieve that this season.  If it doesn't. And the reason for it is because our young wings are showing signs of not improving, that's going to be a big issue going forward.

And God forbid if ( insert player who plays in Dallas ) wins a championship in the next year or two.

27 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He didn't give us the time of day either.  We weren't even on his radar, despite the money we could've given him.  And that's part of my reasoning.

The only way for us to get a player like that, is to do exactly what Toronto did.  They literally gave up Mr. Raptor, for a chance to win a title.

Meanwhile, we won't even give up 2 plain wings in order to get a high quality player, because they may have the "potential" to become Lemon Pepper wet wings.

50 Chicken Wing Recipes : Food Network | Recipes, Dinners and Easy Meal  Ideas | Food Network

This organization needs to get Trae used to playing winning basketball.  Hopefully the squad we've assembled will achieve that this season.  If it doesn't. And the reason for it is because our young wings are showing signs of not improving, that's going to be a big issue going forward.

And God forbid if ( insert player who plays in Dallas ) wins a championship in the next year or two.

We were in the middle of a tank. Obviously we weren't on Leonard's radar. And the Raptors were regularly winning 50+ games and playoff series when they made that trade. We haven't even won 30 games yet. 

• Premium Member

Different scenario.  Derozen was like 30 and very expensive while our wings are coming of rookie campaigns and are cheap so we can afford to give them at least 1 whole season to see what they are.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

PG - Trae

G - Cam

F - PG13

F - Collins

C - Dedmon/Bruno

Ignore | Confused face, Black guy meme, What meme

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

Extra! Extra! Read all about it:

All of our Free Agents we signed this past offseason are now eligible for trade starting today.

If you had to trade ONE player from the list of FAs, who would it be?

Gallinari, Bogdan, Rondo, Dunn, Hill. 

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it:

All of our Free Agents we signed this past offseason are now eligible for trade starting today.

If you had to trade ONE player from the list of FAs, who would it be?

Gallinari, Bogdan, Rondo, Dunn, Hill. 

Rondo 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Rondo 

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wonder if the Clippers want him? I'm gonna check that out.

Trade Idea:

Rondo and Bruno for Zubac (+ another $2 mil in salary)

Now we will still need a PG.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They like Zubac, doubt they do that.

Agreed, but they also have been crying for a point guard. Plus I'm hoping they'd love to stick it to LAL that they now have Rondo, lol. Then they can sign Dedmon for added depth.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

3 Team Trade Idea: Hawks/Clippers/Pelicans

Hawks trades Rondo, Snell and Bruno, receive Zubac and Eric Bledsoe (2 years, $18, $19 (last year guaranteed at $3.9 mil). Why for Hawks, we need on court production at backup PG and get a backup for Capela) [Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of Bledsoe but what the heck]

Clippers trade Zubac and Kabalenga receive Rondo and Bruno. Why for Clips, they need a real back up PG and can groom Bruno.

Pelicans trade Bledsoe receive Tony Snell (expiring) and Kabalenga. Why for Pels, they are looking to cut salary from Bledsoe.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trade Idea:

Rondo and Bruno for Zubac (+ another $2 mil in salary)

LP doesn't play the bigs on the team already so why would Schlenk trade for another.  Plus Rondo isn't good anymore so what would inspire the Clippers to take on his salary while losing one of their promising young players?