• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it:

All of our Free Agents we signed this past offseason are now eligible for trade starting today.

If you had to trade ONE player from the list of FAs, who would it be?

Gallinari, Bogdan, Rondo, Dunn, Hill. 

Good catch. I'm worried that moving on from the signings so soon would send the wrong message to agents, but maybe not if the Hawks send them on to better teams?

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

3 Team Trade Idea: Hawks/Clippers/Pelicans

Hawks trades Rondo, Snell and Bruno, receive Zubac and Eric Bledsoe (2 years, $18, $19 (last year guaranteed at $3.9 mil). Why for Hawks, we need on court production at backup PG and get a backup for Capela) [Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of Bledsoe but what the heck]

Clippers trade Zubac and Kabalenga receive Rondo and Bruno. Why for Clips, they need a real back up PG and can groom Bruno.

Pelicans trade Bledsoe receive Tony Snell (expiring) and Kabalenga. Why for Pels, they are looking to cut salary from Bledsoe.

Alternative:

Hawks trades Rondo, Snell and Bruno, receive Lou Will and Eric Bledsoe (2 years, $18, $19 (last year guaranteed at $3.9 mil) and a 2 NOP 2nds. (2nd for Bruno, and another for taking on Bled). Why for Hawks, we need on court production at backup PG and get a backup for Capela) [Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of Bledsoe but what the heck]. Lou gives us instant offense off the bench

Clippers trade Lou Williams, receive Rondo. Why for Clips, they get a real back up PG.

Pelicans trade Bledsoe and 2- 2nd rounder receive Tony Snell (expiring) and Bruno. Why for Pels, they are looking to cut salary from Bledsoe.

43 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Good catch. I'm worried that moving on from the signings so soon would send the wrong message to agents, but maybe not if the Hawks send them on to better teams?

I think it sends the right message. We expect production. But the only one I can see them moving is Rondo. Maybe we trade Gallo if our season founders and we are out of the playoff hunt, probably not though.

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Alternative:

Hawks trades Rondo, Snell and Bruno, receive Lou Will and Eric Bledsoe (2 years, $18, $19 (last year guaranteed at $3.9 mil) and a 2 NOP 2nds. (2nd for Bruno, and another for taking on Bled). Why for Hawks, we need on court production at backup PG and get a backup for Capela) [Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of Bledsoe but what the heck]. Lou gives us instant offense off the bench

Clippers trade Lou Williams, receive Rondo. Why for Clips, they get a real back up PG.

Pelicans trade Bledsoe and 2- 2nd rounder receive Tony Snell (expiring) and Bruno. Why for Pels, they are looking to cut salary from Bledsoe.

I really, really wish we had gotten a good young guard in the draft. Seeing guys like Quickley and Pritchard excel really has me bummed.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

We probably don't need to make any trades unless a star is available for us.   Clint and Trae  are the endcappers that we need.   The middle is a work in progress.   Bogo should be coming along soon.  I hate that Hunter is down but he will be back.   We're sitting in a good place for our experience. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We probably don't need to make any trades unless a star is available for us.   Clint and Trae  are the endcappers that we need.   The middle is a work in progress.   Bogo should be coming along soon.  I hate that Hunter is down but he will be back.   We're sitting in a good place for our experience. 

I think I'm at the point that I'm not really interested in a trade unless it's a blockbuster for a returning star.  Not sure that trade is out there.  While I'm still not 100% sold on JC being a max player, I also don't have any interest in sending him out for some backup pg or something.  The foursome of Trae, Dre, Cap, and JC are a pretty dang good core as far as I'm concerned.  Want to see what they can do in the playoffs.  

On 2/6/2021 at 9:43 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it:

All of our Free Agents we signed this past offseason are now eligible for trade starting today.

If you had to trade ONE player from the list of FAs, who would it be?

Gallinari, Bogdan, Rondo, Dunn, Hill. 

Rondo..

• Premium Member

It may be that we picked up Rondo to trade him to a team in contention... or we picked up Rondo for our team in contention.   Either way... I'm not seeing anything worthy of giving up his experience for.    We should just be patient. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

We probably don't need to make any trades ....

2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I think I'm at the point that I'm not really interested in a trade ...

I'm ok moving Rondo...he is out....AGAIN!

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm ok moving Rondo...he is out....AGAIN!

I'd be ok with that too.  I probably should have clarified my original post.  In my mind, I was thinking I'd be ok with not trading JC.  Trades involving ancillary players like Rondo, Snell, Bruno, or Goodman are fine.  Just not ready to disrupt the core of the team unless it brings back a star player. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Does anybody want Rondo with what he's been able to give this season?   I doubt it.  

Based on what Rondo has done so far this year, the only teams that could be interested in him are ones that are teams that want to be contenders and they'd be doing that based on his improvement from the regular season to the playoffs last year:

image.png

image.png

Playoff Rondo is valuable if he can replicate that increase.  (His career numbers are also much better in the playoffs than the regular season fwiw).

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wouldn't mind all the Rondo missed time if Goodwin had shown progress or if Dunn and Bogi weren't out.

Dunn’s absence is huge for Exposing Rondo more than I suspect he or TS intended.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

We're play-off contenders, not championship contender, so there's no reason to be drastic at the deadline, especially with all the injuries. Bogdanovic coming back could help/fix our secondary play maker issue. Then we also have Dunn and Hunter to return. We should listen and shop Collins, whether you actually trade him or not doesn't matter, but seeing his value is doing due diligence when he's wanting a max.

3 hours ago, BangHolman said:

We're play-off contenders, not championship contender, so there's no reason to be drastic at the deadline, especially with all the injuries. Bogdanovic coming back could help/fix our secondary play maker issue. Then we also have Dunn and Hunter to return. We should listen and shop Collins, whether you actually trade him or not doesn't matter, but seeing his value is doing due diligence when he's wanting a max.

I think the risk/reward of shopping Collins is out of balance.  Not likely to net any real/good offers, pretty likely to alienate Collins and his camp much like UTA did with Hayward and SAC did with Bogd.

He has played well this year even while his raw numbers have dipped.  He's been a team guy.  I'd say he deserves to be treated fairly especially as unlikely as it is that a knock-your-socks-off offer for him will materialize by the time it's time to sign him.

• Like 3