• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

To be honest, I don't think he fit at all with the Hawks current direction.  I don't think any ball dominant 2 guard fit with what Atlanta wants to do. In fact Huerter has a lot more offensive skill that is currently being suppressed by Traeis ball dominance which has many feeling like he would be better suited to come off the bench to develop those skills in game.  To me Reddish is the perfect back court mate for Trae if his shooting continues to improve..   

You didn’t read my post did you? 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Steve Nash called to say what does any of that matter. You're not trading for pre-age-25 Victor, you're trading for present-day Victor.

Why not wait to see whether Reddish next year like Trae did this year?  He might eventually be better than Olidepo because he possesses more physical tools

6 minutes ago, sturt said:

And your "fit" thing is hard to figure, as-if anyone ever can predict with much accuracy what any player's fit will be on a given roster without it actually happening.

Oladipo shot 30.4% from three point land. I need my shooting guard to shoot better, specially with guys doubling and trapping Trae. We need a shooting guard that can shoot like Huerter or Cam.

I like our core. :superman2:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I was agreeing with you by supporting your statement.

Oh my bad I thought you thought you were taking the opposing view. I was gonna say I just said the same thing. Lol.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Oladipo shot 30.4% from three point land. I need my shooting guard to shoot better, specially with guys doubling and trapping Trae. We need a shooting guard that can shoot like Huerter or Cam.

I like our core. :superman2:

Yeah I just don'tget the lack of patients on other poster's part.  Schlenk has his vision of a Hunter/Reddish combo which I happen to agree with and i think you do too.  Lets just see how this plays out next year and if it doesn't look good next season then change should be considered.  It is way too early to give up on these guys now.  Too many teams have made this mistake.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not me.

And don't get me wrong, I like Turner a lot.

But give me what the fresh-off-the-injury-list guy who has actually been a top-tier achiever over the guy who still is looking to achieve something and whose arguably most impressive achievement is being on the all-rookie team back-when.

And hey @thecampster... what do you think of Aldridge in a rotation with JC and Capela?

And hey to the recent additions to the Sap train. You remember me, don't you? Here's a picture from back-when...

engineer.jpg

... Aldridge also fits that role quite nicely, no? Practically the same age, btw.

So if you saw my post in the other thread, I'm not interested in Aldridge long term but as filler until next year is fine.  The benefit with JC is he can play the 5 in limited stretches and can play the defensive 3 in a pinch. But if I'm getting Aldridge, its to flip JC for another vet star asset, draft Wiseman and Aldridge fills the gap until Wiseman is ready to start at Center full time. As I said in the previous thread, I'm not enamoured with this F/A class enough to invest 3/4 year contracts on overpays. I'm not sold on JC next to CC at this time for extended minutes. If you're going to pay a big the kind of money JC is going to command he either needs to be a strong defensive presence or have good big man handles enough to put the ball on the floor and create mismatches.

JC is a very good player and does certain things A+ but if Trae is going to continue to be the point, he is going to need help on the defensive end and that means we'll need an elite shot blocker.

I would prefer trades for short term contracts if we can't land the right big fish in free agency

Edited by thecampster

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Lets just see how this plays out next year and if it doesn't look good next season then change should be considered.  It is way too early to give up on these guys now.  Too many teams have made this mistake.

Let's take the same approach with the coach too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

ball dominant

Begs the question... is there such a thing as a top-tier NBA talent who doesn't touch the ball much?

2020-05-02_1204.png

And among SGs who logged at least 1000 minutes last season (I can go back and check on other seasons if you'd like), Oladipo's AST% was top #8... just below #7 Dwayne Wade, and just above #9 Bradley Beal. In fact, if you bother to look, it should surprise you since it even surprised me to see just how many quality point guards Oladipo's assist percentage exceeds.

It's not my fault that I do some research to actually back-up what I say. Well, no, it is. But it's not my fault that the numbers so often, as a consequence, back me up.

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So if you saw my post in the other thread, I'm not interested in Aldridge long term but as filler until next year is fine. 

I did.

And while I don't close the door on the idea, yes, we agree... I'm not tending to think of Aldridge as anything more than a bridge.

It's my perception that you could use that cap space in 2021 on yet another high-caliber mid-career asset who can be a long-term guy to help grow and sustain our theoretically-surging-at-that-point success.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You have this amazing ability to turn a discussion into a painful debate. 

Forgive the observation, but it only becomes a painful debate to the extent that a person wants to just "discuss" opinions and not defend them with any facts or rationale.

Sorry, can't really apologize for my preference for substantive discussion over polite opinion exchanges where everyone gets a trophy and everyone is their own form of "right."

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, sturt said:

Sorry, can't really apologize for my preference for substantive discussion over polite opinion exchanges where everyone gets a trophy and everyone is their own form of "right."

AHF does too but doesn't personally attack people.  But the main question in this discussion is why not wait to see whether Reddish becomes better than Olidipo since Reddish has superior physical skills and was ranked higher as a prospect coming out of high school?

• Premium Member

Yes, we agree. Not great, not terrible. 35% overall and a high watermark of 37% in recent history is merely okay.

Given the rest of the package, which is a considerable package, it's good enough.

In other words, when the best that a person can do (evidently) is to cite the guy's 13-game 30% 3pt% after coming back from a long-term injury?

Yeah, there must be a lot to like, then.

I don't want to oversell him. There are other players I'd rather have. But this is a question of perceived availability referenced against highest-tier talent. In that analysis, yes, Oladipo is way up there.

And after all, that's what Schlenk is aiming to get... highest-tier talent that he can possibly get.

43 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah I just to get the lack of patients on other poster's part.  Schlenk has his vision of a Hunter/Reddish combo which I happen to agree with and i think you do too.  Lets just see how this plays out next year and if it doesn't look good next season then change should be considered.  It is way too early to give up on these guys now.  Too many teams have made this mistake.

Enjoy the process. 😊 

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

AHF does too but doesn't personally attack people. 

Liar, liar pants on fire.

That doesn't happen.

It just doesn't.

What does happen is that I "attack" what people say.

AHF does do the same thing, but he's just a nicer, more polite person than I am 🙂  ...

Either that, or people long ago knew he's a professional arguer and so his opinions from the git-go were assigned a certain level of authority that he didn't face people challenging what he argued... which in turn, still for today, means that he's almost never challenged by anyone on the substantive (facts and lines of reasoning) merits of a topic. Indeed, there is even a handful of people here who could be considered sheep... ie, who make it a point to agree with practically everything our attorney friend ever says... emphasis on "our" and "friend," since he's mine, too, and I do appreciate my fellow-UK grad's presence.

19 minutes ago, sturt said:

Dang. Really?

You may be the ultimate cherry-picker poster, my friend.

2020-05-02_1227.png

Yup ... see that right there. 30.4% in case you didn’t know, that’s not good. Specially for a shooting guard that’s been in the league for a while and should be better at shooting.

• Like 1