• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Houston is selling but outside of Tucker, I was told, not for cheap. Tucker is expected to be traded. 

Don't know how it could be constructed... not seeing that it realistically could be... but PJ Tucker would be a marvelous addition to the low post inventory.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Knicks are interested in a 3 way deal with Atlanta where Randle goes to Atlanta, JC, Mitch Rob, and Snell to MIN, and KAT goes to NY while a lot of picks goes to MIN but MIN and ATL have shown no interest so far. Knicks are trying to get a superstar as quiet as it's kept. KAT is their primary target.

So is Atlanta not interested in Randle or is Minny not interested in trading KAT?  

Unless Atlanta intends to match whatever offer JC gets, I find it hard to imagine they could do better than Randle for JC/Snell.  

Personally, I'd just keep JC if I were in charge, but I'm trying to think through the options if they weren't on board with JC longterm.  

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

MIN can keep Kevin Love 2.0.

(Disclaimer: I'm aware the guy's been through the wringer this past year+ so let the record reflect I've never been high on him as a player.  Recent struggles notwithstanding.)

I fully understand where you stand with KAT. I just feel that pairing him with Trae and Capela would be beneficial for his game + the scenery change is desperately needed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I fully understand where you stand with KAT. I just feel that pairing him with Trae and Capela would be beneficial for his game + the scenery change is desperately needed. 

He absolutely needs a scenery change.  And an alpha to follow.

Now lemme hide.  Sothron's spidey sense tingles whenever I criticize the Twolves.

I can hear him crunching his cheetos extra hard, wondering who's goin' at Towns, knowin' (deep down) it's me again ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47mgks8lot7jqh14wmfa

• Haha 3

I actually just spoke with him on the Hawks. Knicks are interested in a 3 way deal with Atlanta where Randle goes to Atlanta, JC, Mitch Rob, and Snell to MIN, and KAT goes to NY while a lot of picks goes to MIN but MIN and ATL have shown no interest so far. Knicks are trying to get a superstar as quiet as it's kept. KAT is their primary target. Next is Booker who loves PHX right now. 

Knicks love them Cats. 

• Moderators
19 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hawks' Danilo Gallinari to miss at least two weeks with sprained ankle -  CBSSports.com

for

Andre Drummond donates $160,000 for coronavirus relief efforts | wkyc.com

Geeeeet it dunnn

One issue with him is just minute distribution.  My view is that you can't play Drummond and Capela at the same time.  My view is also that Capela has earned his minutes (and is the better player) so that leaves 18 mpg for Drummond.  That isn't a problem in itself (when the roster is reasonably healthy we have enough wings and forwards to fill out the rest of the minutes) but I have a suspicion that Drummond would be very unhappy coming off the bench to play 9 minutes a half.  Do you see that differently?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He absolutely needs a scenery change.  And an alpha to follow.

Now lemme hide.  Sothron's spidey sense tingles whenever I criticize the Twolves.

I can hear him crunching his cheetos extra hard, wondering who's goin' at Towns, knowin' (deep down) it's me again ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47mgks8lot7jqh14wmfa

You sound peeved about it. Don’t shoot the messenger. 

Denver has a lot of interest in JC but Atlanta only has one want from Denver and they have been reluctant to move that said player. If MPJ becomes available, watch out. MPJ is someone they been wanting to move for Beal lack of willingness to be traded and WAS lack of willingness to trade him is real. 

If there is a deal out there that could happen with JC, watch for this. It seems like all of the other deals just aren't close for most of our Hawk players.

Other than this one, I would be shocked if the Hawks make a move. They will ride with what they got otherwise. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Denver has a lot of interest in JC but Atlanta only has one want from Denver and they have been reluctant to move that said player. If MPJ becomes available, watch out. MPJ is someone they been wanting to move for Beal lack of willingness to be traded and WAS lack of willingness to trade him is real. 

If there is a deal out there that could happen with JC, watch for this. It seems like all of the other deals just aren't close for most of our Hawk players.

Other than this one, I would be shocked if the Hawks make a move. They will ride with what they got otherwise. 

He's the one young player that I had thought of that matches salaries AND might be value for value.  I'd do this if I were the Hawks and Denver really wanted JC.  

Trae / Bogie / Hunter / MPJ / Capela

I can dig that. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

He's the one young player that I had thought of that matches salaries AND might be value for value.  I'd do this if I were the Hawks and Denver really wanted JC.  

Trae / Bogie / Hunter / MPJ / Capela

I can dig that. 

I can dig MPJ, and as a four he would help balance our lineup even more. Him and Hunter as face up and back to basket guys with size and handles could be a matchup nightmare for teams.

Im still not feeling Bogi at starting SG though.

Would and of you be interested in this seen a Boston fan and a few others start a bit of it on real gm and i added to it.

Atl in
Semi
Teague
Thompson
19.5 mil TPE

Boston in
Gallo
Rondo
2nd round pick

This would depend if you want Gallo for the next 3 years or want to try over with that TPE  and swaps rondo's 2 yr contract with teagues 1 year and hoping they do better for the other team.   The Thompson and Semi were to make the money work and hopefully provide us better D with Thompson and rebounding over  Bruno/OO/Knight  if capela is out or injured.

• Moderators

This ain't it. Rondo is better than Jeff. Gallo is better than everyone in this deal and we trade a 2nd round pick. Lol. Regardless, Gallo ain't getting traded.

Right!   Gallo isn't getting traded.   I wish folks would get that.

Celt fans want Rondo so badly it's tempting just to trade him for nothing so he can help sabotage them.   But i guess he is better than Teague....i guess.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47vwb75bb9exqhceqg6s

Eh, it's not that horrible but still no.  Plus ... fk Loston, let them stew.

Have you ever liked a trade or a player in the draft, ever? It’s easier to reject things for sure. I think I’ve heard you mention liking a few players in the last 10 years. Collin Sexton and Derrick Favors give or take a few. I’m not at all for this trade even though I love Semi and pretty much all the African players due to natural brut strength that can’t be taught in the gym but you know, it doesn’t make you look weak if you actually like a trade or a player. But you do you boo.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Have you ever liked a trade or a player in the draft, ever? It’s easier to reject things for sure. I think I’ve heard you mention liking a few players in the last 10 years. Collin Sexton and Derrick Favors give or take a few. I’m not at all for this trade even though I love Semi and pretty much all the African players due to natural brut strength that can’t be taught in the gym but you know, it doesn’t make you look weak if you actually like a trade or a player. But you do you boo.

No.  I never said we should sign Derrick Favors and I only had a brief flirtation with Collin Sexton ... which, based on his current play, I probably should've trusted my first instinct on him.

BOS has three players that have actual trade value and none of them are available.

Semi(pro) Ojeleye barely belongs in the league.  I don't care if he can rip a phonebook in half with his bare hands.  Teague is a shell of a shell of his former self.  Tristan is good for some solid play every once in a while.

This trade proposal is wildly less than intriguing and that's putting it mildly.