• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons after Derrick Brown

Spud2nique

Reports are that the Falcons are trying to get into the top 10 for Derrick Brown. This dude is a game changer. If you guys don’t get him and we miss out on Okudah somehow, I wouldn’t mind this dude at all. He’s got something about it that reminds me of Aaron Donald in the sole fact that they slipped a bit in the draft and will be pretty good. Assuming Brown slips out of the top 5 or 6 picks.

Good luck Falcon fans!!

-Lions 🦁 fan

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Reports are that the Falcons are trying to get into the top 10 for Derrick Brown. This dude is a game changer. If you guys don’t get him and we miss out on Okudah somehow, I wouldn’t mind this dude at all. He’s got something about it that reminds me of Aaron Donald in the sole fact that they slipped a bit in the draft and will be pretty good. Assuming Brown slips out of the top 5 or 6 picks.

Good luck Falcon fans!!

-Lions 🦁 fan

Your Lions are projected to take Brown in one mock I read and Okudah went 5th. Brown will be a great fit for any defense. I have not been as normally pumped about this draft as I usually am. The Falcons missing the playoffs once again; and giving Quinn a pass has me a little down on them. This virus thing probably has something to do with it also.

With Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and Calvin Ridley we should be flying high like the Saints in my opinion. Not missing out on the playoffs two straight years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Your Lions are projected to take Brown in one mock I read and Okudah went 5th. Brown will be a great fit for any defense. I have not been as normally pumped about this draft as I usually am. The Falcons missing the playoffs once again; and giving Quinn a pass has me a little down on them. This virus thing probably has something to do with it also.

With Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and Calvin Ridley we should be flying high like the Saints in my opinion. Not missing out on the playoffs two straight years.

No I think some Falcons fans are sleeping on them. This is a team that went to the Super Bowl 3 years ago and still has the main offensive cast in Ryan and Julio and you added Gurley to replace Freeman. I think the Falcons are playoff bound. 

Ya I saw a couple mocks having the 🦁 taking Odukah and some Brown. I’m happy with either or a trade down scenario to grab C.J. Henderson. We need to trade with the dolphins 🐬 or Chargers to move down to #6 and get a a couple assets.

Should be fun.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No I think some Falcons fans are sleeping on them. This is a team that went to the Super Bowl 3 years ago and still has the main offensive cast in Ryan and Julio and you added Gurley to replace Freeman. I think the Falcons are playoff bound. 

Ya I saw a couple mocks having the 🦁 taking Odukah and some Brown. I’m happy with either or a trade down scenario to grab C.J. Henderson. We need to trade with the dolphins 🐬 or Chargers to move down to #6 and get a a couple assets.

Should be fun.

The Falcons under Quinn are tough to follow these days. They start slow and finish strong. Problem is they can't dig out of the hole. I know the potential is there; we saw it in the back half of the season. But consistency is key. That is not something they have shown in a while.

6-2 in the second half of the season to finish 7-9. Nothing else needs to be said.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

I was not all that thrilled with A.J. Terrell in the first round because of all the D Lineman that were available. Getting Marlon Davidson in the 2nd makes more sense now for taking the best remaining corner in the first. I really like Davidson as a impact player from day one.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

3rd Round #78- Matt Hennessy graded out right about where he was projected. Per scouting information, he is a really quick agile center and if he gets stronger could be a star on the O Line. Alex Mack is not getting any younger.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

3rd Round #78- Matt Hennessy graded out right about where he was projected. Per scouting information, he is a really quick agile center and if he gets stronger could be a star on the O Line. Alex Mack is not getting any younger.

Saw that. I like that pick. You are also shoring up some D. Not bad, kudos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I was not all that thrilled with A.J. Terrell in the first round because of all the D Lineman that were available.

Agreed here too. I think you guys have a few players on the board that could be better but again you never know till they hit the field. Years ahead we all be back in and saying so long to the great AJ Terrell who is headed to Canton Ohio for his next stop 🛑

😆 I’ve always wanted to do that. 😊 

• Haha 2

Your Lions landed a serious running back @Spud2nique. Swift is deceivingly fast with a hard cut and great acceleration. Pretty good blocker but was not used much as such. Receives well and expect a lot more of those catches in his future. Should be a strong part of his game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thomas said:

Your Lions landed a serious running back @Spud2nique. Swift is deceivingly fast with a hard cut and great acceleration. Pretty good blocker but was not used much as such. Receives well and expect a lot more of those catches in his future. Should be a strong part of his game.

Ya I was a tad surprised but was also surprised he was still available in round 2. He follows some greats coming out like Terrell Davis, Hershel, Moreno and Chubb, hoping he can bring it. We were able to get some defensive guys later as well. Pleased overall.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

On behalf of Jerry Jones, may I offer my greatest gratitude for not taking whatever the Iggles theoretically were offering for your #1.

It was some great entertainment Thursday night to read Iggle fans' posts, upset by the Cowboys, of all teams, finding a Lamb under the Christmas tree, while they had to settle for a lesser talent (at least to this point in his career). And it only got better when they took Hurts (QB) the next night, and still more moaning and gnashing of teeth ensued. (More objectively, though, given that they can't seem to keep the starter healthy for a full year, that wasn't a bad idea at all, imo.)

14 hours ago, AHF said:

Falcons got ripped a new one by the gurus.  Seem to think we overpaid badly in the first and fourth rounds.

I don't pay a lot of attention to them but we never really get props from ESPN, so I am use to it. I think they went to commercial on everyone of our picks. NFL.COM gave us a B+ and so did Sports Illustrated. Its not unusual for NFL Draft grades to be so inconsistent.

Some loved the fact we addressed four defensive positions in the first four rounds and some thought they were big reaches.

1     16     CB A.J. Terrell, Clemson
2     47     DL Marlon Davidson, Auburn
3     78     C Matt Hennessy, Temple
4     119   LB Mykal Walker, Fresno State
4     134   S Jaylinn Hawkins, Cal
7     228   P Sterling Hofrichter, Syracuse

Like Spud says, in three years someone like Hawkins may be a All Pro and seen as a player who should have went in the 1st round.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1