who will it be this year?

I got 6 names.

1. Marcus Smart

2. Landry Shamet

3. Norman Powell

4. Josh Hart

5. Corey Joseph

6. Nemanja Bjelica 

I’m 27% sure one of the above players will be a Hawk next year. (No avatar bets though, comon it’s 27% you gotta gimme odds!)

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I got 6 names.

1. Marcus Smart

2. Landry Shamet

3. Norman Powell

4. Josh Hart

5. Corey Joseph

6. Nemanja Bjelica 

I’m 27% sure one of the above players will be a Hawk next year. (No avatar bets though, comon it’s 27% you gotta gimme odds!)

3 and 5 are on my list.

Cory Joseph(12.2, 2.4), Rudy Gay (14), French Frank (6, RFA), Kyle Anderson(9,9), Norman Powell (10,11) Terrance Ross (13.5, 12.5, 11.5) Thad Young (13, 6), Doug McDermott(7), Patty Mills(13), Tomas Sato (10, 5)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I got 6 names.

1. Marcus Smart

2. Landry Shamet

3. Norman Powell

4. Josh Hart

5. Corey Joseph

6. Nemanja Bjelica 

All of those names are very productive, especially Norm Powell. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I got 6 names.

1. Marcus Smart

2. Landry Shamet

3. Norman Powell

4. Josh Hart

5. Corey Joseph

6. Nemanja Bjelica 

"Bwah, sure you's can have Mahrcus Schmahrt for Trae and 2 unprotected first roundahs.  Amirite, Sully?"  - Smelltic fan

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

"Bwah, sure you's can have Mahrcus Schmahrt for Trae and 2 unprotected first roundahs.  Amirite, Sully?"  - Smelltic fan

Seriously 😒? Dealing with Ainge is horrid, then you get the Bastaaaaan fans involved. 🤢 🤮 

I hate that two of my top 40 NBA guys are Celts.. maybe top 30 and neither is Tatum. Gimme Jaylen and Schmart to shut dem down down the stretch. 

Boston was also listed as the number 1 most capped team. Is that true @JayBirdHawk? I mean, we are the most cap 🧢 friendly and flexible 1/30 and they are 30/30? Can we get a 3rd team involved and get Schmart. Or 🧢’s guy Dunn. We need some D. I love FVV but he’s gonna cost an arm and a leg 🦵.

Cap space teams

Six NBA teams project to have cap space at $109 million. They just project to have a little bit less than originally thought.

1. Atlanta Hawks: $43.2 million

2. New York Knicks: $41.5 million

3. Detroit Pistons: $28.2 million

4. Charlotte Hornets: $22.5 million

5. Miami Heat: $20.9 million

6. Phoenix Suns: $18.9 million

The first four teams will assuredly seek to be players this offseason. The Hawks are hoping to make the jump to being a playoff team. The Knicks are perpetually rebuilding, this time with a new front office in place. The Pistons have kicked off a rebuild, but still have some big enough salaries that they could look for a quick turnaround. And the Hornets feel they aren’t far from being a playoff team.

The Heat are already making waves that they could choose to roll over their space to the summer of 2021. This could include re-signing their own free agents to big one-year deals. The Suns could choose to do the same. The reason why is twofold. First, the free-agent class projects to be far better in 2021 than this summer. The second reason is that we’ll hopefully be in a more normal cap environment next summer. That means space could go much further in 2021 vs. 2020.

The eight teams that are almost guaranteed to be in or around the tax are:

1. Boston Celtics

2. Brooklyn Nets

3. Golden State Warriors

4. Houston Rockets

5. Los Angeles Clippers

6. Los Angeles Lakers

7. Milwaukee Bucks

8. Philadelphia 76ers

These teams are already in the tax at $115 million or are very close to it.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Doug McDermott(7)

Yup I have him too. Forgot it. 

Patty Mills(13)

Was gonna put him, actually did then erased 😆.

3 and 5 are on my list.

Great minds! 😃 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Norm Powell. 

This is the star ⭐️ wars/trek gif that Bird comes with as Bird kg Supes and me and nod and agree 🤝 

UCLA baller ✅ 

productive nba bench guy ✅ 

Great contract ✅ 

durable ✅ 

84% ft 40% 3’s 2019-2020 ✅ 

prime age 26 ✅ 

dribble pass shoot ✅ 

good off court and in locker leader ✅ 

championship ✅ 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

The eight teams that are almost guaranteed to be in or around the tax are:

1. Boston Celtics

2. Brooklyn Nets

3. Golden State Warriors

4. Houston Rockets

5. Los Angeles Clippers

6. Los Angeles Lakers

7. Milwaukee Bucks

8. Philadelphia 76ers

These teams are already in the tax at $115 million or are very close to it.

Over the cap at $116 mil but under the Luxury Tax $132 mil.

• Like 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Should the Hawks take a look at Hartenstein?

I haven't looked but are teams who aren't in the playoffs in a different position as far as waiver claims?  Like do we only get to make claims if none of the active teams do?  Seems like that shouldn't be the case, but I'm not taking that for granted.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

I haven't looked but are teams who aren't in the playoffs in a different position as far as waiver claims?  Like do we only get to make claims if none of the active teams do?  Seems like that shouldn't be the case, but I'm not taking that for granted.

No, same for all teams, business as usual from what I understand.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Throw the kitchen sink at Brandon Ingram ... if that doesn't work I would go after Kris Dunn and Dillon Brooks and call it a day.  

Well maybe a vet PF too who is looking to teach like Vince.

NOP has a bigger kitchen sink and will most likely match any offer. Dillon Brooks has signed an extension already. So he's not available. Ok with Dunn.

• Like 1

• Admin

NOP has a bigger kitchen sink and will most likely match any offer. Dillon Brooks has signed an extension already. So he's not available. Ok with Dunn.

I don't expect to get him but it can't hurt to try ... I didn't know Brooks was already signed.  Thats too bad.  He is an excellent two way player.

On 6/20/2020 at 2:30 AM, Spud2nique said:

As Hawks fans we better get used to seeing a bunch of our players in a bunch of different rumors moving forward and that’s a compliment because of our talented youth. 

More often that not, we aren’t going to like the purposes deals from the other 29 teams.

Even now proposals are popping up sending us players like Ayton, Gobert, Harden, Simmons, Iaascs, and of course Wiggins. Just wait until after the draft, free agency, and start of the season. Any team clamoring to rebuild/reload due to failed expectations, their fans will be chasing our youth and the one or two signed free agents with a vengeance,

I think its a hoot teams fans are offering such high caliber players in some instances, Schlenk must be doing something right; despite our record.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Ayton, Gobert, Harden, Simmons, Iaascs, and of course Wiggins.

Agree with all the above but I’ve only seen a few of the above listed or rumored to us.

Gobert

Simmons

Isaac

Point taken though and ya Schlenk has seriously built a tank here for us in assets and youth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1