• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Premium Member

Hawks offer their 2nd round pick, #51. Take a flyer on him for the next 2 years at $4-5 mil. He'll be 21 in August, playing for the Kincks is worth a flyer.  What's his skillset like? Would he fit?  

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks offer their 2nd round pick, #51. Take a flyer on him for the next 2 years at $4-5 mil. He'll be 21 in August, playing for the Kincks is worth a flyer.  What's his skillset like? Would he fit?  

He has been inefficient scoring for them and they drafted someone to fill that exact same role in RJ Barret (i.e., inefficient, high volume scoring wing). So I don't know why anyone should be asking why.  I figured he was on a limited shelf life the moment they drafted RJ.

That said, the #51 seems unlikely to get it done.  If they are just ready to cut I suppose it might.

Aye, anybody wanna see @Spud2nique head explode?  Check out the #1 trade target for the Warriors #1 pick per this eggspert ... https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/five-dream-warriors-trade-targets-trade-exception-top-pick#slide-1

Nothing new there.  Only interesting from the standpoint of getting a sense for the types of players that could be available for a lotto pick.  For those that don't wanna click, it was Collins, Covington, Jrue, Smart and Gordon (ORL).

I'd love Jrue for us still but his contract status makes it untenable.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Aye, anybody wanna see @Spud2nique head explode?  Check out the #1 trade target for the Warriors #1 pick per this eggspert ... https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/five-dream-warriors-trade-targets-trade-exception-top-pick#slide-1

Nothing new there.  Only interesting from the standpoint of getting a sense for the types of players that could be available for a lotto pick.  For those that don't wanna click, it was Collins, Covington, Jrue, Smart and Gordon (ORL).

Lol.

The first thing they did wrong was assume they play the same position....as always.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Monte Poole? Oh bro don’t! I met that fool at oracle many times. I’m not gonna bash anyone but I don’t know how this guy got a job. He is a complete moron with THE most horrible takes o EVERYTHING basketball related. He’s our Viv! Let’s put it that way.

Does he realize Capela is a center and JC is a PF. GOD I HATE THE FCKIN BAY!!!!! 

Ive heard a TON of Collins and Cam to Warriors. They are crazy. Their fans used to be knowledgeable but replaced with these idiot bandwagon gear wearin morons.

I’m not even gonna go on a rant about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol.

The first thing they did wrong was assume they play the same position....as always.

YES! Thank you! A center and a power forward Monte! I swear Monte I’m gonna walk right over to you at the next scrubs game and say: HELLO MONTE MCFLYYYYYY (as I knock on his big bald head).

I’m not mad tho. I’ve got some feeling but I dunno ya I’m a little peeved.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Monte Poole? Oh bro don’t! I met that fool at oracle many times. I’m not gonna bash anyone but I don’t know how this guy got a job. He is a complete moron with THE most horrible takes o EVERYTHING basketball related. He’s our Viv! Let’s put it that way.

Does he realize Capela is a center and JC is a PF. GOD I HATE THE FCKIN BAY!!!!! 

Ive heard a TON of Collins and Cam to Warriors. They are crazy. Their fans used to be knowledgeable but replaced with these idiot bandwagon gear wearin morons.

I’m not even gonna go on a rant about it.

Aw yeah.  Once I posted that, I knew it was *tick* *tick* BOOM! time in the spud household.

I'm only surprised I didn't see Lebron on the list.  "You just know the Lakers are looking to get younger and could dangle James to the Warriors, blah, blah, blah ..."

• Sad 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, AHF said:

He has been inefficient scoring for them and they drafted someone to fill that exact same role in RJ Barret (i.e., inefficient, high volume scoring wing). So I don't know why anyone should be asking why.  I figured he was on a limited shelf life the moment they drafted RJ.

That said, the #51 seems unlikely to get it done.  If they are just ready to cut I suppose it might.

I'm down with Knox.   I think he can be a good player and it just seems like the Knicks were too in disarray when they took him to develop him.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm down with Knox.   I think he can be a good player and it just seems like the Knicks were too in disarray when they took him to develop him.   

I'm down on Knox.  However, I freely admit he's a product of the Knicks incredible development culture.  "Incredible" in the sense that it's decidedly NOT credible.

Our staff could probably do wonders with him.  Only problem is what TF is he?  A wang?  A big?  A big wang?  Can we afford to devote resources to his development instead of guys who're already here?

These are the questions, macd.  The questions!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

I'm down on Knox.  However, I freely admit he's a product of the Knicks incredible development culture.  "Incredible" in the sense that it's decidedly NOT credible.

Our staff could probably do wonders with him.  Only problem is what TF is he?  A wang?  A big?  A big wang?  Can we afford to devote resources to his development instead of guys who're already here?

These are the questions, macd.  The questions!

Seems to me he'll just ultimately be a PF.   I see him as another bench guy that could become good.  If he doesn't then he doesn't.  I wouldn't trade anything big for him but if the price is right i think he's worth a look.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seems to me he'll just ultimately be a PF.   I see him as another bench guy that could become good.  If he doesn't then he doesn't.  I wouldn't trade anything big for him but if the price is right i think he's worth a look.

Indeed.  Could even end up being a trade chip if'n he develops, shows flashes.

I was on the road pretty much all day and was listening to NBA radio. They were talking about free agents and mentioned us going after Joe Harris and how he’s just been everything for the Nets and they will try and do whatever they can do keep him and it’s probably the best suited spot for him with KD and Kyrie also but they did say he would be a naturally perfect fit for what we have going on and that he is a perfect role type of player and shooter for what every team in the league is long for these days.

They mentioned he would cost about 4 years and 72 million. That breaks down to 18 mill a year. 

They continued on with the Nets situation and raved about Caris Levert and how he’s a great hustle guy on a great contract but that the Nets might eventually have to decide between he and Spencer Dinwiddie or dangle one in a trade and continue on with the other.

They spoke about @kg01’s boy Beal and the possible suitors being the aforementioned Nets for pieces and Levert or Dinwiddie, Jarrett Allen and picks. Cupcake 🧁, Kyrie and Beal would be the next big 3. They mentioned the other suitors as the Nuggets, Pelicans and the Thunder as teams looking to deal for Beal. Didn’t mention who they would have to give but I’m guessing Nuggs build a big 3 of Joke, Beal and Murray. Pelicans would be Zion, Ingram and Beal and the Thunder would be SGA, Beal and whoever they don’t trade to get Beal. The best fit to me is the Nuggets. I guess the Nets too but I really hate them. Also, it irked me that they didn’t mention us because at the end when they mentioned the Pelicans and Thunder they said they were mainly being mentioned because they had money to throw around. HELLOOOOOOOOO, we have the most money to throw around and an almost perfect 👌 roster for Beal that includes Trae and JC. It’s a better situation for Beal to land with us than for him to land with the Pels or Thunder imo. However from our perspective, I like our own youth movement not dipping into the Beal pool.

Anyhoo, good stuff from NBA radio. I like Isola, he was absent today though. Didn’t hear Kamla today either but generally like the whole crew they know their stuff well for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

No Knox ever he’s a poor man’s sMelo. 

smelo is a 1st ballot hall of Famer, despite his warts.  Knox is nowhere near his level at all.

Knox is a poor man's Solomon Hill (who?).

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I was on the road pretty much all day and was listening to NBA radio. They were talking about free agents and mentioned us going after Joe Harris and how he’s just been everything for the Nets ...............They mentioned he would cost about 4 years and 72 million. That breaks down to 18 mill a year. 

Pass! Easily. $18 million AND for 4 years -  crazy talk especially with a CV19 cap. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I was on the road pretty much all day and was listening to NBA radio. They were talking about free agents and mentioned us going after Joe Harris and how he’s just been everything for the Nets and they will try and do whatever they can do keep him and it’s probably the best suited spot for him with KD and Kyrie also but they did say he would be a naturally perfect fit for what we have going on and that he is a perfect role type of player and shooter for what every team in the league is long for these days.

They mentioned he would cost about 4 years and 72 million. That breaks down to 18 mill a year. 

They continued on with the Nets situation and raved about Caris Levert and how he’s a great hustle guy on a great contract but that the Nets might eventually have to decide between he and Spencer Dinwiddie or dangle one in a trade and continue on with the other.

They spoke about @kg01’s boy Beal and the possible suitors being the aforementioned Nets for pieces and Levert or Dinwiddie, Jarrett Allen and picks. Cupcake 🧁, Kyrie and Beal would be the next big 3. They mentioned the other suitors as the Nuggets, Pelicans and the Thunder as teams looking to deal for Beal. Didn’t mention who they would have to give but I’m guessing Nuggs build a big 3 of Joke, Beal and Murray. Pelicans would be Zion, Ingram and Beal and the Thunder would be SGA, Beal and whoever they don’t trade to get Beal. The best fit to me is the Nuggets. I guess the Nets too but I really hate them. Also, it irked me that they didn’t mention us because at the end when they mentioned the Pelicans and Thunder they said they were mainly being mentioned because they had money to throw around. HELLOOOOOOOOO, we have the most money to throw around and an almost perfect 👌 roster for Beal that includes Trae and JC. It’s a better situation for Beal to land with us than for him to land with the Pels or Thunder imo. However from our perspective, I like our own youth movement not dipping into the Beal pool.

Anyhoo, good stuff from NBA radio. I like Isola, he was absent today though. Didn’t hear Kamla today either but generally like the whole crew they know their stuff well for sure.

If we can get Beal and keep Trae, JC, and one of Cam/Hunter, that makes contenders for the East in my opinion. 

PG- Trae

SG- Beal

SF- Cam/Hunter

PF- JC

C- Capela

That's a hard lineup to beat, it just depends on how easily we can get Beal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pass! Easily. $18 million AND for 4 years -  crazy talk especially with a CV19 cap. Ridiculous.

Ok put down the coffee ☕️ and take it easy. I was just passing along what they said. Baze got that amount and I know it was pre covid but I still think Harris is getting something along those figures.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

smelo is a 1st ballot hall of Famer, despite his warts.  Knox is nowhere near his level at all.

Knox is a poor man's Solomon Hill (who?).

He’s one of those guys that if I could get for a second rounder, an incredible value, I still wouldn’t. I just don’t want him on the team. Lol. 

Melo is the most overrated NBA player in my 40 years of watching. Wow.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He’s one of those guys that if I could get for a second rounder, an incredible value, I still wouldn’t. I just don’t want him on the team. Lol. 

Melo is the most overrated NBA player in my 40 years of watching. Wow.

He became that.  Remember he led a 15 (or so) win team to the playoffs as a rookie, homes.  Don't let the Knick years jade you.

I'm kinda with you on Knox.  There's a lotta dudes I want us to target before taking a chance on him, even if the price is right.

Get me Melton from MEM, Schlank!

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He became that.  Remember he led a 15 (or so) win team to the playoffs as a rookie, homes.  Don't let the Knick years jade you.

He was a very important part of that team, although there was a lot of change year over year (and they didn't fall off a cliff when he left going from 53 wins with him to 50 wins without him).

His rookie season he came in along with additions of:  

• Andre Miller
  • 63 starts of Marcus Camby
  • and Veshon Leonard

Wasn't just adding Melo and he carried them.  Those Denver teams were similar to today's Denver teams where there was a balanced group of contributors.

Melo's big limitation was always his mediocre efficiency (career .541% TS%, career high .568% - Trae Young: .595%)

• Thanks 1