• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Looks like it's not so Sunny in Philadephia.  Embiid's going to demand a trade as soon as the Sixers get swept in the first round.

.... alllll happening according to Kg's plan.

Mwahaahaaahaa 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Looks like it's not so Sunny in Philadephia.  Embiid's going to demand a trade as soon as the Sixers get swept in the first round.

I could understand if that was Simmons, but that was Shake MIlton. lol. 

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

He might be the next star to get traded but I think I like our core. Let’s grow organically. 

Might can still keep the young core together with signing a free agent, trading to the sixers and using first round picks.  That's highly unlikely though, but the Hawks have options to get him.

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Might can still keep the young core together with signing a free agent, trading to the sixers and using first round picks.  That's highly unlikely though, but the Hawks have options to get him.

Yes Schlenk left us with many assets. Letting some stars go by will be on us. 

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes Schlenk left us with many assets. Letting some stars go by will be on us. 

Yup well when it comes to the hawks having an actual shot at a star I immediately say no 100% of the time but for this one with Embiid I feel like there’s actually a possibility, a real chance!...he’s not on tradeblock today  but he will be ...as soon as philly get bounced in the playoffs Brand will be forced to pick between Simmons and Embiid. All the rumors will start, some will be true and some won’t.

....for our hawks however as much as I’d love to have Embiid here with trae, his health would possibly scare me away and the fact that we now already have a very good defending & rebounding, level headed, no big ego, great contract center in capela... it makes such a decision (if it ever were to comes up to acquire Embiid) that much harder!

but don’t get me wrong! Embiid is a beast when he wants to be and a legit star big man in every way. I love capela but if offered Embiid I’d really have to think long and hard about it . The possibilities of Trae/Collins/Embiid combination would shake up the East ...they don’t want those problems!...Embiid with a legit point guard period is something we haven’t seen yet and that’s the scary part.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, JTB said:

Embiid can be had...been saying it for a while now. He will be on trade block near next seasons deadline . He’s the next big star to get traded.

I think they'd outst Brett Brown before they'd look to move Embiid or Simmons. Philly has too much long term money tied up in Horford and Tobias Harris, I think they'd look to move either first as well.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think they'd outst Brett Brown before they'd look to move Embiid or Simmons. Philly has too much long term money tied up in Horford and Tobias Harris, I think they'd look to move either first as well.

Yeah can’t disagree. It does sound crazy to get rid of Simmons or Embiid. I just don’t think they’re  fitting well enough to hold on to both of them. At some point I would think they’ll look at this and say “ok we are trying to make them fit and they just don’t fit well enough”...They should be championship contenders based on what’s on paper but they really are like 5th best in the east in my opinion behind bucks, raptors, Celtics, heat...then on top of that they are only slightly better than the pacers.

From my point of view in order for philly to actually advance and be real contenders... it’s either get Embiid a real point guard who can pass and shoot (trade Simmons) OR get Simmons more floor spacers (trade Embiid) OR my favorite and what I would say is the best outcome if it happens get Simmons to start shooting the 3ball.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You'll have to attach Embiid or Simmons to get rid of Al's turrible contract. 

Tobias is a pretty tough move too, considering the money, but he's way more likely than Al in my opinion. 

I just see Embiid getting disgruntled and demanding a trade, if the Sixers continue down this path of mediocrity. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah can’t disagree. It does sound crazy to get rid of Simmons or Embiid. I just don’t think they’re  fitting well enough to hold on to both of them. At some point I would think they’ll look at this and say “ok we are trying to make them fit and they just don’t fit well enough”...They should be championship contenders based on what’s on paper but they really are like 5th best in the east in my opinion behind bucks, raptors, Celtics, heat...then on top of that they are only slightly better than the pacers.

From my point of view in order for philly to actually advance and be real contenders... it’s either get Embiid a real point guard who can pass and shoot (trade Simmons) OR get Simmons more floor spacers (trade Embiid) OR my favorite and what I would say is the best outcome if it happens get Simmons to start shooting the 3ball.

1. They need a more creative offensive coach.

2. Get a real PG that can shoot and end the Simmons at fulltime PG experiment.

3. To Maximize Simmons - they should play him as the non shooting PF that he is.  Embiid can stretch the floor well enough to counter Simmons lack of shooting. Put him in PnRs, Imagine Simmons in a JC type role with the ability to make passes on the move out of those sets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. They need a more creative offensive coach.

2. Get a real PG that can shoot and end the Simmons at fulltime PG experiment.

3. To Maximize Simmons - they should play him as the non shooting PF that he is.  Embiid can stretch the floor well enough to counter Simmons lack of shooting. Put him in PnRs, Imagine Simmons in a JC type role with the ability to make passes on the move out of those sets.

1. Perhaps but I think Brett Brown gets shitted on too often throughout the league. He has tried changing things up to fit Simmons habits of not taking open shots/shooting problems. That’s not to say a more creative offense coach wouldn’t help but Brown is running what he knows (pops offense) around the abilities his team has and honestly Simmons is the bigger issue when him and Embiid share the floor more so then anyone else.

2. I agree with this fully but not sure if another shooter changes much . I’d rather Simmons learn to be a post playmaker more so than trying to be a perimeter one.

3. fully agree with this the only thing is Simmons willing to do anything like Collins? Maybe but I don’t think Simmons would fully commit to the JC role and set committed screens , roll to the basket , etc...if he would then consider the problem solved.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

His name has been bandied about here.

I'll admit i'm just not a fan.   Seems like a guy who would get here and not really do much for us.   Career 33% from 3, seems like an average rebounder at best.   Does he fit our pass, dribble, shoot mantra?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'll admit i'm just not a fan.   Seems like a guy who would get here and not really do much for us.   Career 33% from 3, seems like an average rebounder at best.   Does he fit our pass, dribble, shoot mantra?  

Seems like he's a guy getting vastly overrated after not really having done much in his career.  I'd only take him for dirt-a** cheap.  Shiii, I might ask him to pay us.

ETA: Let's be real, he's not really ever been that great a defender.  And now he's even slower afoot than he was.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 3