• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

All you have to do is go to the Wolves message board. They are talking about getting a good player like Aaron Gordon for 17 and James Johnson which obviously won't happen but that's the type of deals teams like this look for. 

Teams trading mid 1st for cap is teams in the LT, contenders or trying to sign stars. Basically Brooklyn and Philadelphia. Not teams like Minnesota 

The value in Johnson is  his EXPIRING Contract! Al isn't - it's a 3 year deal.  BIG difference, especially with the future cap uncertainty.

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The value in Johnson is  his EXPIRING Contract! Al isn't - it's a 3 year deal.  BIG difference, especially with the future cap uncertainty.

You don't understand. You think I am saying 16 million+17 <<< Horford value with 89 million left at most +21.

No, I am saying a team like Minnesota is willing to take on extra years of a better player than Johnson + 17 far more than trading him and an asset for cap space. Especially a team with 21 million cap space and a non playoff team. To a team like them, Johnson is a cash filler asset.

• Moderators

Al's performance in the playoff is likely to be a huge problem for Philly in trying to move him.  He looked pretty shot and in combination with the length and amount of his contract it is going to be an expensive proposition to get someone to take him unless they are banking on a bounceback from him on the court.  I think the playoff performance may tilt that more towards worry of future degredation of his play.  

image.png

image.png

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

Al's performance in the playoff is likely to be a huge problem for Philly in trying to move him.  He looked pretty shot and in combination with the length and amount of his contract it is going to be an expensive proposition to get someone to take him unless they are banking on a bounceback from him on the court.  I think the playoff performance may tilt that more towards worry of future degredation of his play.  

image.png

image.png

He looked solid in the bubble before the the playoffs. The playoffs was a bad too for Embiid. He had a 0 WAR after having a 5.7 WAR during the regular season. Boston was simply a terrible matchup because Philly had no lead initiators or spacing 

Edited by NBASupes

Unpopular opinion:

If we go after players from a team needing salary relief (PHI, GSW, NJN, MIL, HOU, IND, BOS, & ORL all over $120mil), we're likely looking at players making $15-30mil.

In order to actually make this a better team, wouldn't it make sense to try to get someone good enough to push one of our starters to the bench, rather than bringing in someone not as good as our starters, but just better than our current bench? Why not over pay a starter, rather than over paying a backup? 

That will most likely be a SF, maybe a SG, who pushes 2 of Cam, Kevin, or Hunter to the bench (my vote is Kevin/Hunter).

Short list:

Expensive, multi year contracts:

Khris Middleton, Tobias Harris, and Wiggins. All in the top dozen PER for SF (with 16+ PER). They all make around $30mil. 

Expensive one year:

Gordon Hayward, player option at $34mil.

I know these are grossly overpaid options, but I think they'll impact overall play more than adding a player like Prince would.

A more reasonable multi year contract (but availability less likely: Caris LeVert ($16-18mil) sg w/ 16+ PER.

12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I completely believe JC will be an all-star with a full season with Trae.  There are very few I would trade for him. Way too many pluses to focuses on his minuses.

There is a lot of competition for that forward position. Idk even he played very well. The guard spot is weak in the east

He's not overtaking no one from 2020, maybe Jimmy Butler but KD is overtaking him so. Unless he has a legit breakout year, its unlikely.

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

There is a lot of competition for that forward position. Idk even he played very well. The guard spot is weak in the east

He's not overtaking no one from 2020, maybe Jimmy Butler but KD is overtaking him so. Unless he has a legit breakout year, its unlikely.

Ooh, I don't know about that.  I don't think these guys are locked in as All-Stars at all.  Really easy to see a down year or couple weeks of injury pushing the vast majority of them out.  Each of them individually is certainly good enough to return but I don't put them out of reach.

image.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Ooh, I don't know about that.  I don't think these guys are locked in as All-Stars at all.  Really easy to see a down year or couple weeks of injury pushing the vast majority of them out.  Each of them individually is certainly good enough to return but I don't put them out of reach.

image.png

You think the coaches will vote JC over these guys? We know the kids voting KD as a starter

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You think the coaches will vote JC over these guys? We know the kids voting KD as a starter

I think if the Hawks are + .500 and JC is having a 20/10 year, there is a good shot.  The record and playoff appearances has a bigger influence than talent.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The biggest issue we have is, we have too much cap space and damn near no PT. 

At PF, 16-20MPG open. 

At C, we have our 2nd biggest opening because we want to preserve Capela. 20-24 MPG

At SF, we have our biggest, we still don't know who's the starter. Is it Cam, Hunter, or an outsider? 

At SG, it's damn near topped out. You gotta imagine Cam/Kevin eating all 48 mins. As the 3rd SG, you are probably looking at the G-League for PT. 

At PG, if we resign Jeff, we are near our max but like we got creative with Goodwin, you gotta think the 3rd PG can still get some mins. Trae can't play every game at 35MPG and in today's NBA, we really need to look at limiting his mins to 30-32 range. He was burning out in the 2nd half of the season. We need to preserve him some this year. 

Why are you automatically giving our "core" guys all of these minutes? You play the best players..If the new rookie has to earn his min, why shouldnt they? What if Cam is struggling early on like last season? What if often injured Kev gets nicked up early on? Hawks cant afford that shit this season if they wanna be in the Playoff hunt..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Contenders have zero interest at trading core pieces. Brooklyn called us to offer Dinwiddie for JC. They want to add, not subtract core talent

Straight up?

20 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I think if the Hawks are + .500 and JC is having a 20/10 year, there is a good shot.  The record and playoff appearances has a bigger influence than talent.

Wouldn't they just give it to Trae like usual 

11 minutes ago, terrell said:

Straight up?

Yep and Atlanta milly rocked the phonecall asap 

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They aren’t mutually exclusive.  Look at that list and see how many of them are the second All-Star from their team.  At least Philly, Milwaukee, Miami, and Toronto fall into that bucket.  We had 4 All-Stars.  

We’ve seen Simmons, Embiid, Middleton, Butler, etc. all Miss large sections of seasons.  Just saying that things can change from year to year and these names are not cemented fixtures on your All-NBA lineups or anything.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yep and Atlanta milly rocked the phonecall asap 

I would assume Trae is a fan vote.

Coaches vote could be JC over Domantas if Hawks are playing well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

We’ve seen Simmons, Embiid, Middleton, Butler, etc. all Miss large sections of seasons.  Just saying that things can change from year to year and these names are not cemented fixtures on your All-NBA lineups or anything.  

Agreed.

The Sixers buzz is already fading and Miami wont be the sexy sleeper team next year.

Butler is a lock I think but not Embiid/Simmons, or Bam if you ask me