• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Premium Member

I might be changing my mind about Jae Crowder.  Maybe his defense is better than I originally thought.  He is giving the MVP fits plus he is hitting his outside shots!  He looks like a great fit in Atlanta if he continues to play like he is playing in the playoffs! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

De'Anthony Melton?

This was a good read on Melton, from a Grizzlies site. Basically says he is all defense with nothing to offer on offense. Fwiw

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.grizzlybearblues.com/platform/amp/2020/9/1/21402508/the-jury-is-still-out-on-deanthony-melton-memphis-grizzlies-ja-morant-tyus-jones-nba

• Admin
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's not good on offense.

He is a phenomenal defender and on offense he can help with the ball handling and he can do okay.

He would be coming to be a backup at point guard and to come in at times and shut down the opposing teams guards / sf.  Huge needs resolved right there.  He can make up for Trae's lack of defense .

• Premium Member

Realistic Landing Spots Top NBA Free Agents Should Avoid

2. Brandon Ingram: Atlanta Hawks

The very second free agency opens, Ingram should be staring at a full five-year max offer from the Pelicans. If he's not, he should immediately turn his attention to the external max offers surely awaiting him.

It doesn't need to get that far, as New Orleans should've seen enough from the Most Improved Player award winner to put max money on the table.

"From people I speak to, [Ingram] has been viewed as a maximum-level player," Shams Charania reported for The Athletic. "... The Pelicans plan to re-sign Ingram in the summer and have maintained dialogue all season with his agent, Jeff Schwartz."

If Ingram finds himself fielding outside offers for some reason, one is most assuredly coming from the Hawks. They're almost ready to take flight, but Trae Young and Co. need one more difference-maker on the wing. For them, Ingram makes all the sense in the world.

But it's not mutual.

Even after Young's emergence, Atlanta is at least a tier behind New Orleans. The Hawks are still finding themselves and figuring out if John Collins and head coach Lloyd Pierce are long-term keepers. If Collins stays, that would limit Ingram's minutes as a small-ball 4, his primary position this past season. If Collins goes, Ingram would only have Young, a complementary center in Clint Capela and a host of young wings who are learning on the fly.

Moving from New Orleans to Atlanta would be a downgrade almost across the board: worse roster, worse contract, worse culinary scene. Ingram can do better.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2907510-realistic-landing-spots-top-nba-free-agents-should-avoid.amp.html

• Sad 1

On 8/31/2020 at 8:49 PM, Peoriabird said:

I might be changing my mind about Jae Crowder.  Maybe his defense is better than I originally thought.  He is giving the MVP fits plus he is hitting his outside shots!  He looks like a great fit in Atlanta if he continues to play like he is playing in the playoffs! 

I said this a while back..

All Ga offseason..

Draft: Edwards, Okoro, or Vassel

FA: Crowder and Aminu

Trae/Cam/Hunter/Collins/Capela

?/Huerter/Crowder/Aminu/Dedmon

Draft pick/Bruno/Skal/2nd rdr

All we need is a backup PG..............................

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah, I'm sold on Crowder if he is willing to sign with a team without Championship potential

Give him a FAT 1 yr deal..Or a 2 yr deal with a team option..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1