• Momentane Spendenziele

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yep!  Trae still has poor shot selection, turns the ball over, Poor position defense, and doesn't play off the ball even though he is shooting something like 45% from 3 off the ball.  Kevin Huerter's off season after his rookie season was a disaster...He ended up picking up bad weight.  He still doesn't draw fouls while his position and help defense is poor still.  Doesn't finish well in the paint even though he is 6'7".  Collins didn't improve as a decision/play-maker. Alex Len went from a serviceable back up to unplayable. Don't get me started on bone headed Bembry or Vince Carter.  Fatso had to be traded. etc

Yeah I see what you’re saying and I agree, especially when it comes to Len.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Yep!  Trae still has poor shot selection, turns the ball over, Poor position defense, and doesn't play off the ball even though he is shooting something like 45% from 3 off the ball.  Kevin Huerter's off season after his rookie season was a disaster...He ended up picking up bad weight.  He still doesn't draw fouls while his position and help defense is poor still.  Doesn't finish well in the paint even though he is 6'7".  Collins didn't improve as a decision/play-maker. Alex Len went from a serviceable back up to unplayable. Don't get me started on bone headed Bembry or Vince Carter.  Fatso had to be traded. etc

It's funny what you blame on LP.

1. Who did we have to handle the ball well enough to play Trae off ball?

2. KH's bad diet is on him. I'm sure Chelsea Lane provided him with an offseason workout and dietary plan. I'm sure I posted LPs comments regarding how he wants Huerter to play, be more agressive, assertive, get to the freethrow line etc. His defense was dissapointing this year which was I think due to the injuries. But that's LP fault, so....

3. LP did say Collins' suspension delayed that portion of his development since that was the plan, but wait, you blamed LP for Collins' suspension too, so....

4. Len was a bad starter. He played better as a backup. That was a bad call on Len taking over for Dedmon.

5. No Collins, minutes restricted Huerter, injured Crabbe, Horrible Turner, can't get on the court Parsons, who else was he to play?

Edit: oh crap! I got sucked into another Peo bash LP. And anyway this is the wrong thread for this.

@AHF please move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's funny what you blame on LP.

1. Who did we have to handle the ball well enough to play Trae off ball?

2. KH's bad diet is on him. I'm sure Chelsea Lane provided him with an offseason workout and dietary plan. I'm sure I posted LPs comments regarding how he wants Huerter to play, be more agressive, assertive, get to the freethrow line etc. His defense was dissapointing this year which was I think due to the injuries. But that's LP fault, so....

3. LP did say Collins' suspension delayed that portion of his development since that was the plan, but wait, you blamed LP for Collins' suspension too, so....

4. Len was a bad starter. He played better as a backup. That was a bad call on Len taking over for Dedmon.

5. No Collins, minutes restricted Huerter, injured Crabbe, Horrible Turner, can't get on the court Parsons, who else was he to play?

Edit: oh crap! I got sucked into another Peo bash LP. And anyway this is the wrong thread for this.

@AHF please move.

And of course if all of those players improved upon those things mentioned, it would have been because of the magic LP and his development skills.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Alex Len went from a serviceable back up to unplayable. 

Len in Phoenix: 

7.2 ppg on 48.68% EFG%, 6.49 rpg, 0.8 apg, 0.1 3pta/gm on 24%

Len in Atlanta:

10.3 ppg on 55.73% EFG%, 5.59 rpg, 1.1 apg, 2.2 3pta/gm on 33.9% 

I guess I'm failing to see how LP ruined him.  TS put LP in a position where he had to start Len with the expectation that Len would build off of his prior year's development.  Len performed just fine as a reserve but was brutal as a starter:

image.png

Even with having zero starting C alternatives, LP figured that one out and brought Len back to a reserve role where he was successful until the trade to Sacramento.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And of course if all of those players improved upon those things mentioned, it would have been because of the magic LP and his development skills.

Uuummmm :cute:....you are the one making a blanket statement that LP hasn't development any of our players. You reconcile that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Remember, a lot of development work falls on the assistant coaching staff, who actually have the real time to spend one on one with these guys. It's not like Bud was running drills for each of his guys. It was Quin, Darvin, Taylor, etc.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, parfait said:

Remember, a lot of development work falls on the assistant coaching staff, who actually have the real time to spend one on one with these guys. It's not like Bud was running drills for each of his guys. It was Quin, Darvin, Taylor, etc.

Yeah it’s usually a collective effort, but I do get what he was saying.

25 minutes ago, terrell said:

What happened to it? Why was it moved?

The prevailing theory is supes "accidentally" slipped in some butt nekked selfies so the thread was moved to the senior member forum.  Those types of things are a lot less offensive compared to the other content in the senior forums.

The much less likely scenario is some jacklegs from another site were jakkin' the material and potentially jeopardizing (imho) the contact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, parfait said:

Yeah, apparently you need to have 500 posts under your belt to see Supes' stuff now. I usually inject his info into my veins. Man, I gotta get busy!

I have over 3400 and cant see it..

1 hour ago, terrell said:

I have over 3400 and cant see it..

The actual location of the thread has been moved. Look on the main Homecourt page. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see a list of Most Recent Non-Homecourt Topics. Ask Supes is listed there. But when you click onto it, it mentions the 500 post requirement.

• Premium Member

Atlanta has the most cap space no matter what happens with the cap, so the Hawks could make some big moves if they wanted to. Coach Lloyd Pierce has said that he expects to be in the playoffs next season, and it feels like general manager Travis Schlenk is ready to stop adding replacement-level players on expiring contracts with the hopes of flipping them for draft capital. However, the problem is there aren’t many very good players in free agency to spend money on. If the New Orleans Pelicans decided for whatever reason they didn’t want to sign Ingram to a max deal, the Hawks could. They could also throw a lot of money at Sacramento’s Bogdan Bogdanovic and force the Kings to match. As far as a must-have top-end talent, though, I can’t really point to one player the Hawks should absolutely be in on. 

As for the most realistic top target, I think it should be Brooklyn’s Joe Harris. The Hawks need more shooting on their roster after being the worst 3-point shooting team in the NBA. The Nets have publicly said that re-signing Harris is a priority for them, but from my view, it just seems like someone is going to be the odd man out for them, and it could be Harris. The Hawks could offer a one-year ballooned salary if they wanted to. That would allow them to keep their future flexibility while still improving the present. Washington’s Davis Bertans could also be an option for the Hawks, but he’s going to get a multi-year contract that’s likely going to cost about $16 million to $18 million. He’s a four and the Hawks have John Collins. I don’t think he’s worth that price for several years, even though he’s one of the best shooters in the league. 

Although the Hawks have expressed their desire to accelerate their rebuild and make the playoffs, I would be very hesitant to commit long-term money to just anyone in order to accomplish this short-term goal. This season is the first year in the Schlenk era in which there will be expectations on this team to win, and I understand that jobs could be on the line. But the main goal of this franchise is to win a championship — not go all in on getting the seventh or eighth seed in the East. 

That’s why I think keeping future flexibility is one of the most important things Schlenk can do this offseason. He should absolutely find veterans who are able to contribute off the bench to give the Hawks a good enough rotation to contend for the playoffs, but if they don’t fit the timeline of the young players, don’t commit long-term money to them. I think the Hawks have a good young core that just needs two or three more quality players to round out a rotation that’s capable of making the playoffs. 

If they can find a player or two who fits their timeline, commit multiple years to those players. Memphis’ De’Anthony Melton is 22 and he’d fit well with Young. Kris Dunn, as a strong defensive-minded backup point guard, should be someone they pursue. If Jerami Grant isn’t in Denver’s long-term plans, he’d be someone the Hawks should be in on.

Derrick Jones Jr. is probably in the range of being right at or below the MLE. The Hawks need more talent on the wing, and Jones split most of his minutes for the Heat this season at the two and three. With the Hawks wanting to push the tempo in transition, he’d fit perfectly. I also think he’s a solid, versatile defender, which the Hawks need more of because they have been so poor defensively the past two years. 

Jones doesn’t help solve the Hawks’ shooting woes — he’s a career 28 percent 3-point shooter — but he did shoot 77 percent from the line this season, which makes me believe there is a chance he can improve his long-ranging shooting. 

Because he’s 23 years old, he also fits the timeline of the core. I do think Jones could be had for a deal that’s around four years and $32 million.  

12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Marvin still looks like a useful player in the NBA.  I much rather have the likes of him over players like Graham, Turner, Crabbe, Carter or Bembry.  Could come cheap too.

Just read that Marvin is retiring....

:smug:

• Like 2