• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Indeed, we always seem to forget Capela. If trading the #17 pick for Capela isn't a signal that we are moving out of the rebuild, LP and TS inferring as much...then I don't know what else to add until FAcy.

And Dedmon and Teague.   I expect that we'll look back on the trade deadline and see the switch flipping.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I'd take any of these dudes from Toronto. Specifically their guards Powell, Vanvleet, Lowery

And secretly, Im starting to warm up on Jaylen Brown. But efff the Celtics otherwise lol

Yep, totally agree especially when it comes to Jaylen brown.

i never thought he’d be this good.

8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I dont know that we still need him, but if we wanted him his price tag would be lower now that he has been semi-exposed

He's absolutely been eggsposed as the low-skilled, light-defending, hustle-guy he always was.  He'll pop for a good stretch now and again but there's a reason he's been a bench player his whole life.

That said, there'll be a team that overpays then regrets it later (lookin at you, Charlotte).  So I don't think his price has been driven down.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 7:38 PM, High5 said:

I was already against giving Harrell big money, but he has really played poorly this postseason. 

I've been clamoring for Crowder and Dragic and they've both been outstanding..

I wonder if we could get them to take 1 a 1 yr INFLATED deal? IT would allow them to be FA's again in 2021 when more teams have $ to spend...

Trae/Dragic/draft pick(trade up for another 1st)

Cam/Huerter

Hunter/Crowder

Collins/Crowder/Toppin or Gwu

Capela/Dedmon/Bruno

Thats a playoff team or close to it...

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Please let someone else pay Montrezl $20 million. Not our Hawks.

They abused his BBIQ after game 4. He was sticking Jokic really well on switches where Zubac was struggling. They just started forcing him to make defensive decisions and he got exposed. I don't see how he lost money, he's an excellent player for his role but the playoffs are hard. Most if not all of our guys will get expose to a degree.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They abused his BBIQ after game 4. He was sticking Jokic really well on switches where Zubac was struggling. They just started forcing him to make defensive decisions and he got exposed. I don't see how he lost money, he's an excellent player for his role but the playoffs are hard. Most if not all of our guys will get expose to a degree.

Money is earned in the playoffs when things are hard.  You either rise or fold - it's always been that way. Even before the playoffs, I didn't think he was worth $20 million, so it's no different for me now. He still a limited player that fits a specific role, you don't pay $20 mil for that.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Money is earned in the playoffs when things are hard.  You either rise or fold - it's always been that way. Even before the playoffs, I didn't think he was worth $20 million, so it's no different for me now. He still a limited player that fits a specific role, you don't pay $20 mil for that.

Not really. Money is earned during the regular season. No one pays guys but idiots based on just playoff success. Especially if the player has a specific skill-set. 

This is how Jud Buchler gets a big contract while someone who's good for the Hawks gets a small deal from elsewhere and is a tremendous steal for a better team.

Harrell deserves to be paid. 20 million for a 6th man big is far too much. 13-15 million is enough. 4/60 is sound. 

Honestly, this is my fear with JC, an easily exposable player getting massively overpaid is a massive fear of mines. The playoffs make Myles Turner look like he's a MLE player, you can't judge guys specifically by the playoffs.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not really. Money is earned during the regular season. No one pays guys but idiots based on just playoff success. Especially if the player has a specific skill-set. 

This is how Jud Buchler gets a big contract while someone who's good for the Hawks gets a small deal from elsewhere and is a tremendous steal for a better team.

Harrell deserves to be paid. 20 million for a 6th man big is far too much. 13-15 million is enough. 4/60 is sound. 

Honestly, this is my fear with JC, an easily exposable player getting massively overpaid is a massive fear of mines. The playoffs make Myles Turner look like he's a MLE player, you can't judge guys specifically by the playoffs.

Never said Harrell shouldn't be paid an increase from what he is currently making. Just not $20 million for a limited energy big off the bench that fits a specific role.

The difference with JC is he's a starting 22 year old putting up 20/10 on elite efficiency on a very young team. Time and circumstances matter and overall team construct matters.

Now, If the Hawks don't want to pay the ask, that's on them - they just better get someone that's actual better for right now that can match JC and for the future that can grow alongside Trae.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wish he'd just come out and say he doesn't like Collins and just own it.  It would be so much easier than tip-toeing around and through it.

That said, I think you're both right to a degree.

I do agree with the concept that you have to be careful with paying guys based solely on the playoffs.  We all know that's how the Jerome James-es of the world get fat deals they don't deserve.

At the same time, it's fair to say a guy loses money due to playoff failings.  How do you sell that?  "This guy's clearly ineffective when it matters most .. but we're gonna make him our 1st or 2nd highest paid guy."  Huh?

Harrell played poorly in both rounds this year, not just vs DEN.  His game is really basic.  It's fair to say that's not a guy you (over)pay.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I wish he'd just come out and say he doesn't like Collins and just own it.  It would be so much easier than tip-toeing around and through it.

That said, I think you're both right to a degree.

I do agree with the concept that you have to be careful with paying guys based solely on the playoffs.  We all know that's how the Jerome James-es of the world get fat deals they don't deserve.

At the same time, it's fair to say a guy loses money due to playoff failings.  How do you sell that?  "This guy's clearly ineffective when it matters most .. but we're gonna make him our 1st or 2nd highest paid guy."  Huh?

Harrell played poorly in both rounds this year, not just vs DEN.  His game is really basic.  It's fair to say that's not a guy you (over)pay.

Because I love JC you damn child, I just have major gap in what his value is long term. I see a player who isn't a championship level player and I don't want us to end up holding the bag on his future contract. A LeVine or Gordon deal is really the best type of deal for JC. He gets paid and he still moveable if push comes to shove.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Never said Harrell shouldn't be paid an increase from what he is currently making. Just not $20 million for a limited energy big off the bench that fits a specific role.

The difference with JC is he's a starting 22 year old putting up 20/10 on elite efficiency on a very young team. Time and circumstances matter and overall team construct matters.

Now, If the Hawks don't want to pay the ask, that's on them - they just better get someone that's actual better for right now that can match JC and for the future that can grow alongside Trae.

Harrell is a 6 WAR player and can we expect this level of efficiency from JC when teams will scheme you silly. Look at what happened to Siakam for crying out loud.

JC could struggle just as much on defense, but he can actually shoot the ball which makes it easier for him to contribute at all times. Harrell is just too limited, even though I don’t think he’s actually as bad as he was in the bubble. He wasn’t in a good head space.

• Like 4

Just now, High5 said:

JC could struggle just as much on defense, but he can actually shoot the ball which makes it easier for him to contribute at all times. Harrell is just too limited, even though I don’t think he’s actually as bad as he was in the bubble. He wasn’t in a good head space.

He will struggle a lot more on defense than Harrell did. It's not even debatable. You don't have to find a way to JC on defense, that's a part of the RS gameplan, if anything you try to make him unplayable. Choose between Trae or JC and force Hunter to the 4. The only way he can stand his case is if his offense is that damn valuable but he can't create for himself or others so... Hunter at the 4 is a real possibility even if it wasn't in the RS.