• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

Maybe the cut off age should be 27 since  there is apparently one for long term deals . I don’t think a guy like Bertans who’s 27 would ever be considered a bad signing long term as it’s on a good or great contract. 

Bertans best skill is a very good pretty much elite 6’10 3pt shooter. Nothing is guaranteed but hell if there are any guarantees in this league it’s a very good shooter...guys like bertans are guaranteed to keep that ability throughout the life of their  contract plus longer.

Ok, you twisted my arm....27 year cutoff!🤓

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Other then shoot 3 pointers at over 40% the last two season ... Bertrand has done nothing of note.  I particularly don’t want to spend a whole lot of money on a one dimensional player ... we need some one who will try on d from our backup pf.  

I certainly wasn’t referring to a WHOLE lot of money for Bertans. He’s absolutely one dimensional no questions asked. I still find that one skill paired with Trae huge problems for opponents. But by all means giving him crazy money is not the way...fully agree.

what player in free agency do you think Schlenk should go all in on long term ?

• Admin
27 minutes ago, JTB said:

I certainly wasn’t referring to a WHOLE lot of money for Bertans. He’s absolutely one dimensional no questions asked. I still find that one skill paired with Trae huge problems for opponents. But by all means giving him crazy money is not the way...fully agree.

what player in free agency do you think Schlenk should go all in on long term ?

I would throw the max at Ingram and wait for NO to match (which they will but nothing to lose)

I do think our three point shooting will get better organically... all our young cats showed some solid 3 point shooting near the end of the season so my focus is D

Other then Ingram who we won’t get  ... I would just look for depth

I would sign Dunn to backup and play along side Trae ... he is an all world defender at multiple positions

I would consider J Grant as a backup pf ... he is a Swiss Army knife who can actually hit the three as well

Add a solid classy vet at min To replace Vince ... that’s invaluable 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I would throw the max at Ingram and wait for NO to match (which they will but nothing to lose)

I figured you would bring up Ingram. Lol....pelicans are going to match no matter what but hey it’s definitely worth the shot. I wouldn’t wait on Ingram too long before moving on to the next free agent target however.

I do think our three point shooting will get better organically... all our young cats showed some solid 3 point shooting near the end of the season so my focus is D

agreed the 3pt shooting woes were mainly due to the bench of bad vets we had . The young guys or young core will certainly continue to stay solid and even get better. Definitely expect nothing less from them and was never really concerned about the young guys shooting more so concerned about who we sign on to the bench to help out with shooting.

I would sign Dunn to backup and play along side Trae ... he is an all world defender at multiple positions

My only thing against Dunn is his offense and the fact that once trae sat we were absolutely horrible from an offensive standpoint....but then also with this draft class being deep at point guard and based on the inside info you and supes has told us I am thinking we move back late in the first rd to find Traes backup ....then again I can also see us drafting Haliburton at 6 and allowing him and Huerter to be our playmakers off the bench and then perhaps sign a guy like Dunn who can come in and do what he’s best at as you mentioned. So I see both being possibilities for sure.

I would consider J Grant as a backup pf ... he is a Swiss Army knife who can actually hit the three as well

I’m not sure Grant would consider atlanta without a large deal on his plate and I can’t really blame him. His situation is better than where we are currently so the only way I can see him coming here is if we really make the offer look good but of course I could be wrong about that. Also I like the solid vet at min to replace VC...maybe that could be Teague? 

• Admin

Dunn can be playing with Cam, Hunter, Hearter, JC when Trae is sitting so I’m not worried about him scoring 20 points ... just get the ball to the right dude and he has put the ball in the bucket in the past.

i don’t want to depend on a pg from the draft as our backup ... personally I want somebody with some experience and someone who can defend.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JTB said:

I figured you would bring up Ingram. Lol....pelicans are going to match no matter what but hey it’s definitely worth the shot. I wouldn’t wait on Ingram too long before moving on to the next free agent target however.

agreed the 3pt shooting woes were mainly due to the bench of bad vets we had . The young guys or young core will certainly continue to stay solid and even get better. Definitely expect nothing less from them and was never really concerned about the young guys shooting more so concerned about who we sign on to the bench to help out with shooting.

My only thing against Dunn is his offense and the fact that once trae sat we were absolutely horrible from an offensive standpoint....but then also with this draft class being deep at point guard and based on the inside info you and supes has told us I am thinking we move back late in the first rd to find Traes backup ....then again I can also see us drafting Haliburton at 6 and allowing him and Huerter to be our playmakers off the bench and then perhaps sign a guy like Dunn who can come in and do what he’s best at as you mentioned. So I see both being possibilities for sure.

I’m not sure Grant would consider atlanta without a large deal on his plate and I can’t really blame him. His situation is better than where we are currently so the only way I can see him coming here is if we really make the offer look good but of course I could be wrong about that. Also I like the solid vet at min to replace VC...maybe that could be Teague? 

Dedmon can replace VC.

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Dedmon can replace VC..

5 hours ago, terrell said:

Dedmon can replace VC..

Right but Dedmon is already signed for another  2 seasons. If I’m not mistaking  me and Cap were (or atleast I was) referring to who the hawks can sign with the MLE or  Bi annual this free agency once the available cap space is used up.

9 hours ago, JTB said:

Right but Dedmon is already signed for another  2 seasons. If I’m not mistaking  me and Cap were (or atleast I was) referring to who the hawks can sign with the MLE or  Bi annual this free agency once the available cap space is used up.

Oh, I thought you meant just to be a veteran voice..

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, marco102 said:

This Denver team has several pieces the Hawks should persue. Milsap, Grant and I'm coming around on maybe even Gary Harris Jr. He's playing tough defense and hitting his shots.

They aren't leaving a championship contender to sign with the Hawks.

59 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They aren't leaving a championship contender to sign with the Hawks.

Players, and people in general, have all kinds of reasons for making a team or job change.

Maybe they take a liking to our coach and want to play for him.

🙂

(Take the bait, take the bait, take the bait ...)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AHF said:

Maybe they disliked playing for him but I would guess not nearly as much as Atlanta fans disliked watching their worthless, overpaid selves lay eggs and collect their checks from the sidelines.

The important thing here is my man peo always takes the bait.

😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2