• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ah, I'm still on the fentz about bringing back Printz.  I still wake up from nightmares of him tryna prove he's a top option offensively before we traded him the first time. 

Hopefully he's developed some perspective that that is not what he is best suited for......perfect backup at SF/PF.

Dragic may have just torn his achilles..It sure looked like it...He was about to get paid too....

I was wrong..

"Miami's Goran Dragic has suffered a plantar tear of left foot, source tells ESPN".

Edited by terrell

Finally did some research in to the FAs.

Dream offseason would be to add:

Kris Dunn, Jerami Grant, and David Bertans. Resign Skal

Dunn and Grant are really good defenders.

Bertans is a sniper that gives us serious firepower off the bench.

Defensive lineup could be: Dunn, Cam, Dre, Grant, Capela

Absolutely stifling on defense

We could have an offensive lineup that goes: Trae, Kev, Cam, JC, Bertans

Gives us so much versatility. Every is in the same age window.

In the draft we would select Hayes, Okoru to fill the wing depth or O.O as an eventual Dedmon replacement 

Hawks roster:

PG: Trae, Dunn, Goodwin

SG: Cam, Kev, <Draft pick: Hayes >

SF: Hunter, Grant, <Draft pick: Okoru>

PF: Collins, Bertans, Skal

C : Clint, Dedmon, Bruno

Boom, playoffs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Kris Dunn, Jerami Grant, and David Bertans. Resign Skal

24 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I like it.  i know we have a lot of space but can we realistically afford to get those 3 guys?

Dunn - $8-$10

Grant and Bertans - $12 -$15

Skal's QO is $3.5 million.

We can work it within these parameters.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, terrell said:

Dragic may have just torn his achilles..It sure looked like it...He was about to get paid too....

I was wrong..

"Miami's Goran Dragic has suffered a plantar tear of left foot, source tells ESPN".

Bam is out too. This is probably going to be a sweep.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, terrell said:

I was wrong..

I wonder if he'll try to play.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dunn - $8-$10

Grant and Bertans - $12 -$15

Skal's QO is $3.5 million.

We can work it within these parameters.

Nobody is paying Dunn that much... Or I hope not. I can see Grant getting a multi year deal at over $15m per. Not sure about Bertans but someone will overpay and I don't think he'll be worth it. But I like the idea as long as it makes sense financially. 

57 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Nobody is paying Dunn that much... Or I hope not. I can see Grant getting a multi year deal at over $15m per. Not sure about Bertans but someone will overpay and I don't think he'll be worth it. But I like the idea as long as it makes sense financially. 

I mean, we dont have the final salary cap numbers but I think we can work in the 3 players with some wiggle room. Skal we have his caphold regardless and he wants to be here. 

I like the idea of all these guys being around the same age, mid to late 20's, with Dedmon as the old vet at 31. Maybe we could get another grizzled vet guy too to help babysit some. 

But yeah, that's my wish list if we can get'er done, this would be the equivalent of the Flip Murray, Mo Evans offseason we pulled back in the day. Good veteran depth pieces to fill out the roster.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think I just saw the worse trade idea ever from a Bulls fan:

I think Atlanta is a good trade target. I really like Dedmon and I thought I read some where that they are interested in Dunn. I wonder if the Bulls can do a sign and trade for Dunn and get back #6 and Dedmon.

:blanky:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think I just saw the worse trade idea ever from a Bulls fan:

:blanky:

That started off so well..... until they thought we'd give away #6. Who do they think we are? Lol

As much as I like Dunn, he aint even worth #6 straight up lol 

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Grant should be the only big free agent target the Hawks go after.  We don't have enough playing time to add a Bertans, Grant, and Dunn.  I expect the 6th pick to be in some type of backup role too.  

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2020/10/1/21498166/atlanta-hawks-nba-free-agency-jerami-grant-denver-nuggets-pursuit-forward-offense-defense-fit 

At least three other teams are expected to have interest in luring Grant from the Nuggets, according to two league sources.

Those three teams are the Atlanta Hawks, the Phoenix Suns and the Detroit Pistons. Only a handful of teams will have cap space, including those three. It’s always possible a team like Orlando makes a trade and create the requisite space to go after Grant.

For the Hawks, whose core is centered in their backcourt, Grant would offer a versatile wing who can play the three, four or sometimes five.

Grant enjoyed something of a breakout during Denver’s 2020 playoff run, including the fact that the 26-year-old averaged 21.0 points per game in the team’s final three games against the Los Angeles Lakers. While Grant certainly isn’t a star player, he is an intriguing and versatile supporting piece, with the size and defensive acumen to defend multiple positions.

The six-year veteran has knocked down 39.1 percent of his three-pointers in the last two seasons and, while they have come on relatively small volume (3.6 attempts per game), Grant’s offense has improved as his shooting stabilized.

In a perfect world, he would be a fantastic complementary piece that could potentially play the 3 at times, back up John Collins at the 4 and even play alongside Collins at the 4 and 5, respectively, in small-ball lineups. It has to be noted, though, that the cost could be quite high after the way Grant displayed his value to the Nuggets during the postseason, and there is a price point in which it may not make sense for the Hawks.

56 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I think Grant should be the only big free agent target the Hawks go after.  We don't have enough playing time to add a Bertans, Grant, and Dunn.  I expect the 6th pick to be in some type of backup role too.  

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2020/10/1/21498166/atlanta-hawks-nba-free-agency-jerami-grant-denver-nuggets-pursuit-forward-offense-defense-fit 

We are going after a number of guys, not just Grant. We are targeting big wings in the draft and FA. There are very hard to find otherwise. 

Are we looking at Grant as a SF or PF off the bench ??? Or both ???

just wondering....I really like the idea of signing Dunn, Grant, Bertans, and resign Skal..

then to go along with that above our draft pick may be this .....I had a dream that we drafted Toppin or Onyeka Okongwu but we had a opportunity to draft Edwards because he was slipping down. Odd I rarely ever dream about the nba this was for real random so I’m going with it lol....I think Edwards is going to slip down this draft for sure and we will ultimately pick up Toppin or Onyeka Okongwu.

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Are we looking at Grant as a SF or PF off the bench ??? Or both ???

just wondering....I really like the idea of signing Dunn, Grant, Bertans, and resign Skal..

then to go along with that above our draft pick may be this .....I had a dream that we drafted Toppin or Onyeka Okongwu but we had a opportunity to draft Edwards because he was slipping down. Odd I rarely ever dream about the nba this was for real random so I’m going with it lol....I think Edwards is going to slip down this draft for sure and we will ultimately pick up Toppin or Onyeka Okongwu.

A big wing defensively who is offensively a 4 is what Grant is. I know the Hawks are one of the biggest teams is pushing the idea that Toppin is a big wing defensively, not a 4 or 5. A number of guys are getting this technically new label which is really the Marvin Williams label but like I said, Marvin was before his time. I kinda see it when he is in the correct defensive stance but I think it will take time. That said, offensively, the move makes sense. As for Big O. I can see him being our pick if Deni, Obi, and Issac is gone off the board as well as Ant and Ball. But I can also see Jalen being our pick just based on the data so that I've received. I know there is still interest from Atlanta in Ball believe it or not but I don't think the interest is mutual. 

From what I got, the Hawks still want to add real big wings to the mix as there is some doubt that Hunter is ready to start next season. They do think he has improved but they want him to earn it and right now, Kevin, Cam, and Hunter have to earn it. 

Edwards could slip down as could Wiseman. But it's going to be hard to see him slide passed Charlotte or Cleveland. His raw talent is obviously special. It's the other things that must need work. I do not have any insight to the Hornets situation as they are tight lipped which is Kupchak thing in general. 

I think Atlanta wants more big wings. They are just hard to come by. Everyone wants and needs them. For Giannis, Durant, LeBron, Kawhi, etc. Both conferences have guys that you have to try to contain, without them, you are a gazelle to a lion. 

• Thanks 1