• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Premium Member

Notable FAs (no RFAs) in each tier:

Tier 1 - None (Max guys)

Tier 2 - FVV and Conley ($12-$25)

Tier 3 -  Dragic, Napier ($8-$12)

Tier 4 - T. Burke, R. Jackson, DJ Augustine, Jevon Carter, Barrea, Ferrell, Dellavedova ($2.6-$8)

Tier 4 - Rondo, Teague, Mudiay(Vet Mins)

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Diesel said:

We should go after Joe Harris. 

He has proven to be a good shooter.  He plays defense.  He's a middle shelf guy that we don't have to wait to watch develop. 

[ @Diesel - Added this to the FA thread] 

Did you watch him enough this season to see who guarded the opposing SFs?  I've always thought of him as a pure SG but saw that he was listed at SF this year at least on basketball reference.  If he can defend both spots, that would make him more interesting.  If he is not someone who can check SFs then it becomes a minutes crunch with Huerter in that same role and Cam looking to get serious minutes at the 2 as well.

• Premium Member

Garrett Temple anyone?

One other roster note for Brooklyn: several teams monitoring the free agent market expect the Nets to decline the $5 million team option on Garrett Temple for 2020-21. Things can always change between now and the date the Nets have to make the decision (some time later this month). But I’d be surprised if the Nets picked up Temple’s option. I don’t know if the decision is based on a potential Nets tax bill, but I wouldn’t assume that it is. If the Nets decline the team option on Temple, the veteran will get interest from several suitors during free agency.

via SportsNet New York
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Garrett Temple anyone?

One other roster note for Brooklyn: several teams monitoring the free agent market expect the Nets to decline the $5 million team option on Garrett Temple for 2020-21. Things can always change between now and the date the Nets have to make the decision (some time later this month). But I’d be surprised if the Nets picked up Temple’s option. I don’t know if the decision is based on a potential Nets tax bill, but I wouldn’t assume that it is. If the Nets decline the team option on Temple, the veteran will get interest from several suitors during free agency.

via SportsNet New York

I like him but I can imagine he'd glom onto a team like the Lakers to ring chase at this point in his career.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Did you watch him enough this season to see who guarded the opposing SFs?  I've always thought of him as a pure SG but saw that he was listed at SF this year at least on basketball reference.  If he can defend both spots, that would make him more interesting.  If he is not someone who can check SFs then it becomes a minutes crunch with Huerter in that same role and Cam looking to get serious minutes at the 2 as well.

I think that in this NBA, the SG, SF, and PF are all interchangable so who he guards doesn't matter like it did 5 years ago.   I also think that this rendition of the NBA requires that you have more than 1 shooter who can hit better than 40% from three. (Hello Miami). 

Schemes and stuff are great but at the end of the day... having the ability to shoot from any position (Bud Ball)... is the way to go.

That's why I would like to see us

Trade for KAT  and go after Joe Harris. 

It doesn't seem sexy... but  with KaT, Harris, and Trae... you have three guys at three different position that can nail a three pointer.   Strong competition for Brooklyn and a team that can get past Milwaukee.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think that in this NBA, the SG, SF, and PF are all interchangable so who he guards doesn't matter like it did 5 years ago.   I also think that this rendition of the NBA requires that you have more than 1 shooter who can hit better than 40% from three. (Hello Miami). 

Schemes and stuff are great but at the end of the day... having the ability to shoot from any position (Bud Ball)... is the way to go.

That's why I would like to see us

Trade for KAT  and go after Joe Harris. 

It doesn't seem sexy... but  with KaT, Harris, and Trae... you have three guys at three different position that can nail a three pointer.   Strong competition for Brooklyn and a team that can get past Milwaukee.

There is certainly much more flexibility today but it is still about who you can guard.  A guy like Huerter lacks the strength to guard guys who are traditional SFs and PFs.  A guy like Collins lacks the quickness to stay with most SGs and SFs.  Was curious which types of players Harris can guard.  Like here is a range of different types in terms of size and mobility of 2-4 he might face in your interchangeable situation:

• JJ Redick
  • Tim Hardaway Jr
  • Zach LaVine
  • Kawhi Leonard
  • Brandon Ingram
  • Kevin Durant
  • Giannis
  • Anthony Davis
  • Domantis Sabonis
  • Krispas Porzingas

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

There is certainly much more flexibility today but it is still about who you can guard.  A guy like Huerter lacks the strength to guard guys who are traditional SFs and PFs.  A guy like Collins lacks the quickness to stay with most SGs and SFs.  Was curious which types of players Harris can guard.  Like here is a range of different types in terms of size and mobility of 2-4 he might face in your interchangeable situation:

• JJ Redick
  • Tim Hardaway Jr
  • Zach LaVine
  • Kawhi Leonard
  • Brandon Ingram
  • Kevin Durant
  • Giannis
  • Anthony Davis
  • Domantis Sabonis
  • Krispas Porzingas

In honesty... I like what Miami was doing.   The old school 2-3 zone.   Or some zone coverage.   It covers a multitude of sins in terms of guarding ability.     That way you don't have Trae matched up with a Sf in the low post. 

• Thanks 1

Rumor from Hoopshype

"Caldwell-Pope’s most likely end game is a return to the Lakers, but one other option to think about is Atlanta. The Hawks have oodles of cap room and need 3-and-D wings desperately, and Caldwell-Pope is a Georgia native.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, thecampster said:
Rumor from Hoopshype

"Caldwell-Pope’s most likely end game is a return to the Lakers, but one other option to think about is Atlanta. The Hawks have oodles of cap room and need 3-and-D wings desperately, and Caldwell-Pope is a Georgia native.

He would be a good pickup 

• Premium Member

Pelicans to re-sign Brandon Ingram real quick

Will Guillory: As far as Brandon Ingram goes, I heard basically throughout the entire year that it was just a matter of time before they gave him his big contract. I think they feel really good about his fit with this team and the growth he showed last year. As a shooter, as the guy who was willing to take on the responsibility of being that No. 1 scorer, the guy who has that kind of burden every night, I think they love his fit next to Zion. So I think he’s going to get a huge contract. And they’re going to take care of that really quickly.

via The Woj Pod
  • Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pelicans to re-sign Brandon Ingram real quick

Will Guillory: As far as Brandon Ingram goes, I heard basically throughout the entire year that it was just a matter of time before they gave him his big contract. I think they feel really good about his fit with this team and the growth he showed last year. As a shooter, as the guy who was willing to take on the responsibility of being that No. 1 scorer, the guy who has that kind of burden every night, I think they love his fit next to Zion. So I think he’s going to get a huge contract. And they’re going to take care of that really quickly.

via The Woj Pod

If only someone had a bet on this.  Just waiting to see how it comes out.  :thinking:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Teams planning sign-and-trade offers for Davis Bertans The Washington Wizards have made re-signing forward Davis Bertans their No. 1 offseason goal, but if they can’t pull it off, they may have another option instead of letting him go outright. Multiple teams without the cap room to sign Bertans are preparing to make sign-and-trade offers in free agency, NBC Sports Washington has learned. That is in addition to the teams that have the cap room to fit his salary without a trade.  The teams were not specified, though one source said there are two Eastern Conference teams and one from the West who are interested in sign-and-trade scenarios involving Bertans. That is along with at least three teams – the Hawks, Knicks and Suns included – expected to target Bertans early in free agency using their cap room, as NBC Sports Washington previously reported. Though the teams looking at a sign-and-trade are not known, the dots could possibly be connected to those who were interested in Bertans before the trade deadline. That list included the Celtics, Lakers and Nuggets. – via Chase Hughes @ NBC Sports

Hawks still interested in Bertans.

On 11/4/2020 at 6:52 AM, thecampster said:
Rumor from Hoopshype

DESPERATELY??  Did I miss where we lost our wing players?

:search: