• Onyeka Okongwu
    • Obi Toppin
    • Killian Hayes
    • Tyrese Haliburton
    • Isaac Okoro
    • Deni Avdija
    • Trade

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/23/2020 at 06:45 AM

1 hour ago, Eddielives said:

I don't see Anthony Edwards as an option.

Yup what Jay said. Curious were you gonna pick him 2nd or were just wondering why his name was missing?

Edited by Spud2nique

Probably the easiest pick for me. It's Toppin

1. Our biggest need is a backup PF since Parker got traded. 

2. Collins contract situation. Chances we might even trade him. 

3. Toppin has elite potential offensively and fits Capela and Trae Young. That adds a lot of value. 

4. Toppin is a young 22 years old. Late bloomer. Was 6'2 as a high school junior. He has added 50 pounds as stated by those close to him. I've heard he's now 6'9.5 barefoot and 230. 

5. He's fundamentally sound like Hunter was as a prospect. He's not your normal rookie. 

6. He's the best player right now in the draft. That's a positive as well. 

7. Three swing skills. This could place him another tier much less the fit with Trae Young on offense which is natural. 

Toppin -

Floor: 7.5

Offense - 8.5

Defense - 5.5

Ceiling: 8.5

Offense - 9.5

Defense - 6

Fit: 8* I have him in the 2nd unit with Jeff. With Trae, his fit is a 9.5 like John's. With Trae, his floor is a 8 and ceiling is a 9

Swing Skills: Shooting, Playmaking, and Defensive Playmaking

Amar'e Stoudemire and Chris Webber with Joakim Noah's defensive brain but Kyle Kuzma defensive movements in his place. 

As Prospects: 

Amar'e - 6/8 + one swing skill. - Mid Range Shooting (era)

C. Webb - 7.5/8.5 + two swing skills. Mid Range Shooting (era) + Playmaking

Kuzma - 6.5/7.5 + one swing skill. Shooting

8. Edwards was my clear #1 pick. The value is just too great. I would even consider LaMelo Ball at this slot for a trade back situation but as far players go, this one is easy as pie. It's Toppin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

but as far players go, this one is easy as pie. It's Toppin.

Not clear cut for me. I haven’t voted 🗳 yet but down to 3 here with Gwu, Wiseman and Toppin. I personally can’t pick trade for #2 it’s still too high for me to trade. I mean I guess unless a Ben Simmons or someone is on the block. I’m goin into this assuming no star/superstar is on the block.

I’m still torn though. I love GWU’s feel for the game and defense, Toppin’s shooting and athleticism and Wiseman’s physical tools and ceiling. 

Edwards was #1 for me too. 

42 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

C. Webb - 7.5/8.5 + two swing skills. Mid Range Shooting (era) + Playmaking

I don’t see CWebb type playmaking from Toppin. He’s a good passer but CWebb has some of the best 🧤 in the biz with the softness and touch. 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t see CWebb type playmaking from Toppin. He’s a good passer but CWebb has some of the best 🧤 in the biz with the softness and touch. 

Elite playmaking for his position is a swing skill for Toppin. He's a good playmaker for a prospect and an excellent one for a college big is a step in the right direction. He needs to develop into an elite playmaker. He's clearly not C. Webb in SAC but he's as promising as C. Webb out of Michigan in terms of playmaking. Toppin clearly has a chance to be elite in time as a playmaker. 

Edited by NBASupes

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Elite playmaking for his position is a swing skill for Toppin. He's a good playmaker for a prospect and an excellent one for a college big is a step in the right direction. He needs to develop into an elite playmaker. He's clearly not C. Webb in SAC but he's as promising as C. Webb out of Michigan in terms of playmaking. Toppin clearly has a chance to be elite in time as a playmaker. 

Just so we are clear, Obi is Obi

Frame and athleticism is similar to Amar'e, extremely similar

Shooting and overall fundamentals on both ends is similar to Al Horford

Playmaking, open court handles and floor running is similar to Webber as a prospect. 

Offensively, this is a BADDDD dude. 

Defensively, he's a much better defender than he's given credit for but yeah, he's ass. 

Lateral quickness is rubbish. Post defense is bad. He just doesn't have the body type or the defensive strength but he's getting an extremely bad rap. 

Facts are, he is comfortable defending in space even if he's no good at it outside of defensive playmaking. 

He is always active and in the right position. He's fundamentally sound on defense. That's why I was so high at first on him for defense. His defensive fundamentals are really good. He communicates well and makes sure his teammates are in the right positions and he runs plays well due to his time reaction skills. 

So yes, he can't defend in space and he can't defend in the post effectively. But he's not a lost cause especially in a possession by possession game which Basketball is. He can still protect the paint, communicate well, is a defensive playmaker, is smart with very good defensive fundamentals. Part of the reason he has a 6 potential defensively. 

People will dog him out for defense, especially the synergy watching guys but look at his team's defensive success. Look at his defensive metrics. It's actually comparable to Noah Vonleh, Dwight Powell, and slightly below Larry Nance. 

None of these guys are bad NBA defenders as they matured. Obi is not in the same class with scrubs like Parker and guys like that on defense by metrics. 

What I am saying is, I think Toppin is a no brainer, especially if Edwards is gone. 

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's clearly not C. Webb in SAC but he's as promising as C. Webb out of Michigan in terms of playmaking.

Bro... no. No bro. Comon now you short changing CWebb. Even when he came out CWebb’ selfie skill was his smooth distribution. Toppin May be the best in the class but Webber like is kinda dissing an OG.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Bro... no. No bro. Comon now you short changing CWebb. Even when he came out CWebb’ selfie skill was his smooth distribution. Toppin May be the best in the class but Webber like is kinda dissing an OG.

No I am not short changing C. Webb. You are starting to short change Toppin. Everyone loves Toppin's playmaking and see his potential as a playmaker. Not sure how you do not. That's not a diss, it's a compliment. I don't use Webber's name hardly ever due to how rare it is to pass like that in college of all places for a big man. 

Edited by NBASupes

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You are starting to short change Toppin.

Toppin strengths- “capable passer” 

Strengths

• Excellent size to fit NBA power forward position
  • Identifies impending pressure quickly and finds open man
  • Very quick to dive to the rim out of the pick-and-roll, makes it easy for point guard to spot him rolling
  • Capable passer in tight windows
  • Ambidextrous, versatile finisher
  • Very good passing vision; knack for hitting teammates cutting backdoor, can make skip passes to shooters on the weak side
  • Creates easy finishes for teammates just by presenting alley-oop threat as a roller or by looming in the dunker spot, doesn’t even necessarily have to do anything
  • Jumper much more consistent than previously anticipated; mechanics consistent from different distances, showed improved touch throughout season

CWebb .. “intelligent interior passer”

Name: Chris Webber
School: University of Michigan
Height: 6'10"
Weight: ~250lbs
Strengths: Quickness, strength, rebounding, shotblocking, inside passing
Weaknesses: Free Throw shooting
Poop:

One of the best college players I've ever seen. From day one he has
  dominated everyone physically. He is stronger by far than anybody who
  can stay with his quickness, and anybody that can bang with him he
  will blow past. His aggressiveness, great hands, and quick leap make 
  him a devastating offensive rebounder, and few can stop him down low
  once he has the ball. Webber is also an intelligent interior passer,
  and a very solid ballhandler.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Toppin strengths- “capable passer” 

Strengths

• Excellent size to fit NBA power forward position
  • Identifies impending pressure quickly and finds open man
  • Very quick to dive to the rim out of the pick-and-roll, makes it easy for point guard to spot him rolling
  • Capable passer in tight windows
  • Ambidextrous, versatile finisher
  • Very good passing vision; knack for hitting teammates cutting backdoor, can make skip passes to shooters on the weak side
  • Creates easy finishes for teammates just by presenting alley-oop threat as a roller or by looming in the dunker spot, doesn’t even necessarily have to do anything
  • Jumper much more consistent than previously anticipated; mechanics consistent from different distances, showed improved touch throughout season

• Thanks 1

I found a good one @NBASupes This is more to ur point it seems. Toppin passing...

Passing: Really nice passer for a big – shows real ability here passing all over the court. Can kick it up in transition, pass off of his handle, pass out of the post (loves kicking it to the opposite corner, which he can hit with one-handed / live-action passes with either hand), and has some beautiful short roll passes. Quick decision-maker out of the post and does a nice job reading the double team and getting the ball to the open man, whether that’s a cutter or out to the perimeter. Soft touch on his passes, throwing a very catchable ball. Also a nice high-low passer, making quick reads / quick lobs over the top after cutting to the top of the key. Nice swing passer, can drive and kick, and drive and drop-off. Really well balanced and versatile passer for a big – way more than a stationary passer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I found a good one @NBASupes This is more to ur point it seems. Toppin passing...

Passing: Really nice passer for a big – shows real ability here passing all over the court. Can kick it up in transition, pass off of his handle, pass out of the post (loves kicking it to the opposite corner, which he can hit with one-handed / live-action passes with either hand), and has some beautiful short roll passes. Quick decision-maker out of the post and does a nice job reading the double team and getting the ball to the open man, whether that’s a cutter or out to the perimeter. Soft touch on his passes, throwing a very catchable ball. Also a nice high-low passer, making quick reads / quick lobs over the top after cutting to the top of the key. Nice swing passer, can drive and kick, and drive and drop-off. Really well balanced and versatile passer for a big – way more than a stationary passer.

Bro, you gotta trust me. Do you know how many full games and hours of film I've watched on these prospects. 

• Thanks 1