• Killian Hayes
    • Tyrese Haliburton
    • Isaac Okoro
    • Deni Avdija
    • Cole Anthony
    • Devin Vassell
    • Trade

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/25/2020 at 07:00 PM

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd take Ball and ransom him to DET or NYK since they need him desperately.

But who would you get from either of them for Melo?  More draft picks?  That's the only thing they can offer that I'd be remotely interested in.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

But who would you get from either of them for Melo?  More draft picks?  That's the only thing they can offer that I'd be remotely interested in.

Exactly.  Pit them against each other, sell his rights to the highest bidder.  We can net that and still get a guy we can use with their pick.

Ball to NYK would be a great story and would give them a marquee name they covet.  Same for DET.

I'd want Ball only if we didn't already have Trae.  Can't play them together imho.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd want Ball only if we didn't already have Trae.  Can't play them together imho.

Ya it’s a video game 🎮 :gamer4:dream of mine to have a Zeke/Magic backcourt but they both need the ball it seems. Boo 😒 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Exactly.  Pit them against each other, sell his rights to the highest bidder.  We can net that and still get a guy we can use with their pick.

Ball to NYK would be a great story and would give them a marquee name they covet.  Same for DET.

Agreed. The idea in principal sounds great but they are both best WITH the ball. Melo can't play off ball, Trae is still learning how to. I think it'll limit there effectiveness as a tandem.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Ya it’s a video game 🎮 :gamer4:dream of mine to have a Zeke/Magic backcourt but they both need the ball it seems. Boo 😒 

It's ok.  Ball could end up being a rich man's Livingston.  Actually, that's what I'm expecting.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's ok.  Ball could end up being a rich man's Livingston.  Actually, that's what I'm expecting.

Wow really? I think Lamelo is going to be a better all around player but that doesn’t mean more effective in wins.

Ya, the Knicks and Pistons are perfect 👌 for Lamelo. Stat wise at least he would blow up.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow really? I think Lamelo is going to be a better all around player but that doesn’t mean more effective in wins.

Ya, the Knicks and Pistons are perfect 👌 for Lamelo. Stat wise at least he would blow up.

That's where I think he'll settle in.  A better version of Livingston.

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That's where I think he'll settle in.  A better version of Livingston.

ETA: 

Some Ball-to-Knick propaganda to whet your appetite ...

https://nypost.com/2020/05/23/knicks-mailbag-talking-nba-draft-plan-and-if-lamelo-ball-fits/

With Ball on the board and the Hawks set to pick, put in that call to DET and NYK.  See who blinks first, bro.

• Like 1