• Killian Hayes
    • Tyrese Haliburton
    • Isaac Okoro
    • Deni Avdija
    • Cole Anthony
    • Devin Vassell
    • Trade

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/25/2020 at 07:00 PM

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Revisiting this...select and Trade Ball (#3)to Pistons or Knicks. It'll be an exchange of 2020 1sts plus an additional incentive. Trade Idea...

Pistons: they send us their 2020 1st (#5) and Sekou Doumbouya (probably too much so I'd throw in our OKC 2022 1st), if not they'll include a 2021 1st top 3 protected for 3 years.

Knicks: they send us their 2020 1st (#6), a future 2021 1st, top 3 protected for 3 years and  Frank Ntilikina. NYK would be desperate enough so we hold out for one of their future Dallas 1sts as well :laugh:

I like dealing with the Pistons and Knicks. Ya, this looks like something that would really work for us. 

• Like 1

1st overall? Please don’t let the Warriors land this guy. I saw a young Garnett in him myself and they actually make the comparison here. Something different about this cat 🐈 (not kitty 🐱 Minny Towns). 

Golden State Warriors — Onyeka Okongwu, F, USC 

Surely there will be a lot of disagreement at the top of the draft, especially if the Warriors get the No. 1 pick.

They’ve got the best backcourt in the NBA, plus Draymond Green and Andrew Wiggins. What they don’t have is a wing to tangle with Kawhi Leonard or a big to tussle with Anthony Davis.

Is Okongwu that guy? At 6-foot-9, 240 pounds, he’s a man-child who has the highest motor of any player in the draft. He was 10th in the country in PER, and led the NCAA in shooting (74.8%). He can defend 3-5.

His comps are all over the place: Maybe a young Kevin Garnett; he kind of plays like Bam Adebayo. Okongwu turns 20 in December. The only caveat: The Warriors could easily trade down a few spots and get Okongwu, who fits their win-now team better than Ball or Edwards.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 1:03 AM, Spud2nique said:

:sorcerer::yahoo:

Just now saw this clip. Hoping to see 00 doing some of that next week you know. Maybe get JR into some foul trouble, at least get Noel, Gibson or Toppin back on their heels a good bit. 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, sturt said:

I'm reminded of this post from sometime recently...

-- JayBirdHawk

Just to see that I was right in the money. Every now and then I like to rub your nose directly in the victory cake 🍰

Oscar doesn’t care and you shouldn’t either. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I was right in the money.

Glad that makes your day, my friend.

Years later.

Just for the record, though, if you're around here long enough and you make enough statements about what you think will happen, the law of averages is eventually going to make your day as it's made mine too rarely, too.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Oscar doesn’t care

The degree to which you feel free to just lie and lie and lie might be part of what works against you sometimes, my friend. Dunno. Think about it, and consider whether it makes sense to be more discerning about the accuracy of what you say.

None of us know what Oscar thinks, you or me.

The question is and always has been, what's the worser error... to believe he does when, in fact, he doesn't, or to believe he doesn't when he does.

44 minutes ago, sturt said:

The degree to which you feel free to just lie and lie and lie might be part of what works against you sometimes, my friend. Dunno. Think about it, and consider whether it makes sense to be more discerning about the accuracy of what you say.

None of us know what Oscar thinks, you or me.

The question is and always has been, what's the worser error... to believe he does when, in fact, he doesn't, or to believe he doesn't when he does.

It’s a nickname it’s not his life, and if it is, that’s sad. The ego with nicknames sheesh 🙄 get over it.

45 minutes ago, sturt said:

The degree to which you feel free to just lie

Again, you’re mad about the Soto thing, I get it, but I didn’t lie. It was right there in black and white, you said Soto believes in the Gnats GM..

A few min later..

HE GONE! 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s a nickname it’s not his life, and if it is, that’s sad. The ego with nicknames sheesh 🙄 get over it.

Oh stop.

It's not on him, either way.

It's on how we refer to him, and which potential error we choose.

Get over it?

That's my line now.

Stop being so rabid to (a) return to the conversation (I didn't)...

and

(b) keep trying to contort the conversation to reflect on the old man and/or me. It's on you how you choose. If you're uncomfortable... and it appears you are, given that you keep wanting to rehash it... maybe that's a sign your conscience is trying to steer you away from your most current choice.

(Which, by the way, you've been on both sides of the issue, so "current" is a pivotal term... it's consistent with a person who doesn't actually have a clear moral foundation from which he makes choices... a person who kinda goes with whatever seems to be more popular in a given moment. Just sayin.)

Edit: But and fwiw... legends tend to be relatively humble people, with some exceptions such as maybe Wilt... they're not going to say something out loud like "I think I should own the Dr. J nickname."

Some of us believe, if not many of us, if not most of us, if not the vast majority of us... believe Dr. J shouldn't have to.

• Premium Member

you said Soto believes in the Gnats GM

A few min later..

HE GONE! 

Spud, I refuse to believe you're this dense.

There is nothing about the former statement that precludes the second.

And while that's actually a deflection from the conversation about your habit of being inaccurate, aka, lying... it's actually a good example of how you tend to mislead, nonetheless.

Clever? Not so much.

4 hours ago, sturt said:

If you're uncomfortable... and it appears you are,

image.gif.0df34369a81870de200fc6a0d279840f.gif

4 hours ago, sturt said:

moral foundation

J!zz traps

4 hours ago, sturt said:

a person who kinda goes with whatever seems to be more popular in a given moment.

Nobody more loyal than me but you don’t know me you just put words together to form sentences.

4 hours ago, sturt said:

legends tend to be relatively humble people,

Yours truly included .. wait… :er:

4 hours ago, sturt said:

Spud, I refuse to believe you're this dense.

There is nothing about the former statement that precludes the second.

And while that's actually a deflection from the conversation about your habit of being inaccurate, aka, lying... it's actually a good example of how you tend to mislead, nonetheless.

Clever? Not so much.

You lost brother get off the court. If we were playing a pickup game right now you’d be down like 7-0 SKUNK..

unless of course we sign one of the 17 OKC players you’ve mentioned in the past. :buttdance: Usually if you wanna predict something throw out a name or two not Favors, Kenrich, Dort, Muscala :shameonyou:.. your reaaaaching to get JUST ONE PREDICTION correct. 

Hey, don’t think I don’t appreciate the hustle, you just in a decade type slump as far as getting anything remotely correct as far as both the NBA and MLB are concerned.

I know your team (the gnats) better than you. :rofl:

It’s not like a draw or anything here either Sturt, you got skunked! 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You lost brother get off the court. If we were playing a pickup game right now you’d be down like 7-0 SKUNK..

unless of course we sign one of the 17 OKC players you’ve mentioned in the past. :buttdance: Usually if you wanna predict something throw out a name or two not Favors, Kenrich, Dort, Muscala :shameonyou:.. your reaaaaching to get JUST ONE PREDICTION correct. 

Hey, don’t think I don’t appreciate the hustle, you just in a decade type slump as far as getting anything remotely correct as far as both the NBA and MLB are concerned.

I know your team (the gnats) better than you. :rofl:

It’s not like a draw or anything here either Sturt, you got skunked! 

(... *sigh*... thanks for illustrating my point about inaccuracy yet again... )

4 hours ago, sturt said:

it's consistent with a person who doesn't actually have a clear moral foundation from which he makes choices...

... is a different thing than...

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Nobody more loyal than me

Completely different.

You're an adult. You get that. Surely.

One can be loyal to the mafia, but make choices according to something very different than a clear moral foundation.

• 1 month later...