• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Consensus #4 pick

Spud2nique

Consensus #4 pick  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Hawks get the 4th pick, who ya got?

• LaMelo Ball
    • Obi Toppin
    • Killian Hayes
    • Tyrese Haliburton
    • Deni Avdija
    • Cole Anthony
    • Devin Vassell
    • Aaron Nesmith
    • RJ Hampton

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/28/2020 at 07:00 PM

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Hayes is all over the place. I saw a mock had him at #1! I like his size at 6’5” and combo guard skills. We do need a Hayes or Haliburton type for sure. Just wonder if we are gonna address it via draft or a vet FA like Jordan Clarkson or somebody like that.

We all know Schlenk and he does not care what the forecasters think. Everyone knew he liked Trae but they also knew we liked a few others in that class. The day of the draft, before the trade leaked minutes before our pick, most of the forecasters still had Trae going 8th to 10th. We took him 5th. Most knew we wanted Hunter to but I bet not many thought we would give up two first and a early 2nd for him; a future 2nd and a future 1st that is about to turn into a two second rounders via the Cavs.

We can sit here and think we know what is best; but I would bet a few bucks GM/VP Schlenk thinks he knows something different. I can easily see him pulling a Trae; and taking someone who is projected more towards the middle ( 6- 10 ) if we don't end up with a shot at Wiseman or Edwards.

In a nutshell, this draft class is pretty sad when it comes to star power and I bet Schlenk has his eyes on someone that is not quite as hyped as the others.

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

and taking someone who is projected more towards the middle ( 6- 10 ) if we don't end up with a shot at Wiseman or Edwards.

In a nutshell, this draft class is pretty sad when it comes to star power and I bet Schlenk has his eyes on someone that is not quite as hyped as the others.

Trading down is a very real possibility no doubt this year.

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Trading down is a very real possibility no doubt this year.

My point about Trae going 5th, projected 8 - 10th, Schlenk may not even trade down. He is not afraid to laugh at the medias "expert" projections.

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

My point about Trae going 5th, projected 8 - 10th, Schlenk may not even trade down. He is not afraid to laugh at the medias "expert" projections.

I see your point but not in the sense of comparing a Trae to Haliburton. Trae was never going to fall past the 6th pick and everybody knows that. The media that says he was going to last to the Bulls at 7 or Knicks a bit later, not true.

Haliburton is expected to go outside of the top 5 and possibly 6 picks for sure. I don’t think Travis pulls the trigger unless it’s a trade down scenario. Travis is ballsy for sure but he’s not going to reach.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I see your point but not in the sense of comparing a Trae to Haliburton. Trae was never going to fall past the 6th pick and everybody knows that. The media that says he was going to last to the Bulls at 7 or Knicks a bit later, not true.

Haliburton is expected to go outside of the top 5 and possibly 6 picks for sure. I don’t think Travis pulls the trigger unless it’s a trade down scenario. Travis is ballsy for sure but he’s not going to reach.

I think you could be wrong about where Trae would have went if we had not taken him. Taking Haliburton or Hayes at four or five would be very similar in my mind. The aggregate has them going 8 and 9 right now.

https://hoopshype.com/2020/04/04/2020-aggregate-nba-mock-draft-5-0-international-prospects-are-rising/

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think you could be wrong about where Trae would have went if we had not taken him. Taking Haliburton or Hayes at four or five would be very similar in my mind. The aggregate has them going 8 and 9 right now.

https://hoopshype.com/2020/04/04/2020-aggregate-nba-mock-draft-5-0-international-prospects-are-rising/

🤔 I’m gonna have to sort of ummmm disagree here. Trae is and was on a different level as a college player. Again he was never going to drop past the Magic with the 6th pick in a STRONG draft mind you, vs a weaker one where Haliburton won’t be in the top 6. 

Honestly Trae is a franchise guy to me whereas Haliburton could be a starter sometime down the line, it’s possible, but more likely is that he is a 6th man at best type of guy which is great but not Trae level great by a country mile.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

🤔 I’m gonna have to sort of ummmm disagree here. Trae is and was on a different level as a college player. Again he was never going to drop past the Magic with the 6th pick in a STRONG draft mind you, vs a weaker one where Haliburton won’t be in the top 6. 

Honestly Trae is a franchise guy to me whereas Haliburton could be a starter sometime down the line, it’s possible, but more likely is that he is a 6th man at best type of guy which is great but not Trae level great by a country mile.

I am not arguing the point about the talent level of this draft vs 2018. But I think that applies to the bigs everyone is dreaming about as well.

You are talking about the Magic. They are not exactly stellar when it comes to the draft; so them passing on Trae in my mind is not a reach. Maybe they get it right and maybe they don't.

Just now, Buzzard said:

You are talking about the Magic. They are not exactly stellar when it comes to the draft; so them passing on Trae in my mind is not a reach. Maybe they get it right and maybe they don't.

Lol. I don’t really care about the Magic or whether they were smart enough to draft Trae, you seem to be diverting here. I am saying you are comparing Trae’s abilities to Haliburton, that’s a bit worse that Supes saying Toppin is superior to JC. 

Trae was the 5th pick in arguably one of the top 5 drafts ever, Haliburton is projected to go 12th in a weak draft.

Haliburton is projected to be a 6-8 man at best in the NBA. He’s not even pegged as a starter and honestly in the era of great point guards in the league, he’s not a starter on almost any team. Possibly a few like the Knicks and Pistons.. maybe. He’s a prototypical bench player to me. A good one but nonetheless a bench guy.

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol. I don’t really care about the Magic or whether they were smart enough to draft Trae, you seem to be diverting here. I am saying you are comparing Trae’s abilities to Haliburton, that’s a bit worse that Supes saying Toppin is superior to JC. 

Trae was the 5th pick in arguably one of the top 5 drafts ever, Haliburton is projected to go 12th in a weak draft.

Haliburton is projected to be a 6-8 man at best in the NBA. He’s not even pegged as a starter and honestly in the era of great point guards in the league, he’s not a starter on almost any team. Possibly a few like the Knicks and Pistons.. maybe. He’s a prototypical bench player to me. A good one but nonetheless a bench guy.

Now you are putting words in my mouth.

I am not saying Haliburton has Trae's ability at all. I am saying Haliburton is one of the better players in this very weak draft class. Huge difference. Outside of Edwards and Wiseman, I don't see anyone with the potential to sniff what Trae is doing from a Superstar perspective.

Absolutely no one.

Haliburton is 12th by one mock. He is slotted at 4th in two. His aggregate is 9th.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Trae would have gone #6 to the Magic.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae would have gone #6 to the Magic.

No less than 6 other forecast said otherwise. Trae was pegged to go 8 - 10 in quite a few. But we all have our opinions including the few that had him going to the Magic.

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

No less than 6 other forecast said otherwise. Trae was pegged to go 8 - 10 in quite a few. But we all have our opinions including the few that had him going to the Magic.

Not an opinion really. Perhaps your reading a lot of NY based bs. He wasn’t gonna last man.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not an opinion really. Perhaps your reading a lot of NY based bs. He wasn’t gonna last man.

ok Spud. Trae was all over the map. As high as 3 and as low as 12.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/20/nba-mock-draft-consensus-top-prospects-latest-update-rumors/

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Everyone has a mock, I'd rather check out the local buzz. 1st page of Google. It was more likely than not that he wouldn't make it pass Orlando.

Screenshot_20200528-182940_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Everyone has a mock, I'd rather check out the local buzz. 1st page of Google.

Screenshot_20200528-182940_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't know why you and Spud think this is a debate. No less than 6 other mocks had him going somewhere other than Orlando. You nor them have a clue what Orlando was thinking. so at least 6 out of 7 are wrong. That is all I am saying.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

ok Spud. Trae was all over the map. As high as 3 and as low as 12.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/20/nba-mock-draft-consensus-top-prospects-latest-update-rumors/

Not sure what you are driving at here.

I just think that you rate Haliburton too high. He is a 6 and beyond pick. He SHOULD not start day 1 or probably even day 101. He’s a solid backup.

Trae was a top 5 prospect with Luka, Ayton, Bagley and JJJ in a strong draft.

Haliburton is a top 10 prospect in a weak draft. 

Trae is a superstar. You can’t bring up Haliburton when you mention Trae again it’s kind of like your leaning towards what Supes did with Toppin and JC but this one is even worse because Toppin is a higher rated player than Haliburton and Trae was an all star ⭐️ and JC was not. Kinda seems like it’s a Supes type debate here but a little worse 😆 

Just now, Buzzard said:

I don't know why you and Spud think this is a debate. No less than 6 other mocks had him going somewhere other than Orlando. You nor them have a clue what Orlando was thinking. so at least 6 out of 7 are wrong. That is all I am saying.

Trae had as much chances of falling out of the top 6 picks in 2018 as we do landing the 8th pick in the draft this year, which is 2.2%. 

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae is a superstar. You can’t bring up Haliburton when you mention Trae again it’s kind of like your leaning towards what Supes did with Toppin and JC but this one is even worse because Toppin is a higher rated player than Haliburton and Trae was an all star ⭐️ and JC was not. Kinda seems like it’s a Supes type debate here but a little worse 😆 

You know exactly why I brought up Trae. Over half the pundits thought we reached for him even at 5. Schlenk takes who he wants. In this weak class that is anyone's guess.