• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looking like no Hawks until Christmas

capstone21

8 hours ago, marco102 said:

Why do you believe your way of thinking is the way it should be?  If players don't want to play it's their perogative.  If they do, it's their perogative.  Like just let people make thier own adult decisions and maybe you'll be less grumpy cat?

According to CLP our guys want to come back, very much so want to come back. I'll take his word for it.

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

I thought about this too. Trae's attendance in Oklahoma was so refreshing. Started by saying he was only 21 and really didn't have the wisdom others in the crowd did. He was incredibly humble and didn't want much attention. I was so proud of our hometown youngin and yet, I was terrified for him. I was proud he was there and yelling at my computer at the same time, "okay you showed up, now go take a bath in rubbing alcohol and go back into hiding!"

In all seriousness though. I was truly proud of how he conducted himself. Made it about the mission and not about himself. We have a true gem in Trae.

I'm glad he was out there too. I'm glad people are out there period exercising their rights. Sucks he won't be back on the court until 2021, when most of the rest league will have played at least some games.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Because they see acts of blatant racism virus as more deadly than CV-19....it's more about just themselves.

I'm glad Trae and others are participating in protests. But CLP and the boys want to come back. They went public with that, so clearly it's important to them. Have their back, instead of a shoulder shrug resignation to the leagues unfair decision.

Edited by bleachkit

I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy watching the games without fans.  For years, I would always go to the preseason public scrimmages and it just didn't feel the same at all, seeing them play on a high school court or back in the old Omni in front of 800 or so people.  I'm thinking on TV, there will be some awkward moments with no one sitting behind the bench during timeouts, no press announcer yelling "lets make some noise" or "that foul was offensive, James Harden". No t-shirt cannons, 9 year old dancers at half time, etc. I'm thinking people will in small part reject the product some.

I'm also wondering how it will affect the officiating having no home town bias or yelling fans.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy watching the games without fans.  For years, I would always go to the preseason public scrimmages and it just didn't feel the same at all, seeing them play on a high school court or back in the old Omni in front of 800 or so people.  I'm thinking on TV, there will be some awkward moments with no one sitting behind the bench during timeouts, no press announcer yelling "lets make some noise" or "that foul was offensive, James Harden". No t-shirt cannons, 9 year old dancers at half time, etc. I'm thinking people will in small part reject the product some.

I'm also wondering how it will affect the officiating having no home town bias or yelling fans.

I'm wondering if there is some way they could get crowd engagement with people watching online.  Probably not with lag.

18 minutes ago, thecampster said:

It will Interesting to see how teams play with no home court advantage and different environment. Games will feel kinda lifeless without fans though, no doubt.

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm wondering if there is some way they could get crowd engagement with people watching online.  Probably not with lag.

I thought a small high school sized crowd of super fans would be fun. That's not going to fly though for obvious reasons.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

According to CLP our guys want to come back, very much so want to come back. I'll take his word for it.

According to Shams. some do, others don't 

Hornets owner Michael Jordan was outspoken on Friday’s call, advocating for player safety and not having players have to return for meaningless games following a four-plus month hiatus, sources said. The Hawks and Bulls ownership groups said on the call that they wanted to return, sources said, but several players and staffers throughout both organizations prefer not to.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

According to Shams. some do, others don't 

That's easy though.  Obviously Vince doesn't want to come back.   Guys heading to free agency like Bembry and TEague probably don't want to come back.  Can you blame them?   

I still say bring back 16 teams try to finish early August and see if we can start next season before 2021

• Like 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I still say bring back 16 teams try to finish early August and see if we can start next season before 2021

The reasoning:

The 16-team format would not provide teams currently out of the playoffs the opportunity to make a postseason bid, nor accomplish the financial upside of the other formats. The 30-team model, meanwhile, brings several bottom-feeding teams that do not belong in the bubble environment given the NBA’s medical safety and health priority.

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How do you ignore members on here? Not in chat but overall? Trying to put someone on blast. The sooner the better. 

If you hover over their avatar, it comes up as one of the options.

Not that I've had to do it in the last day or so ....😏

5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I'm glad Trae and others are participating in protests. But CLP and the boys want to come back. They went public with that, so clearly it's important to them. Have their back, instead of a shoulder shrug resignation to the leagues unfair decision.

Hawks are done....

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

We were already done. That's not point. They want to have opportunity to come back. It's important to the team developmentally.

Come back for what?

Come back for what?😷

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

To play basketball, they would be my best guess.

In fairness, they will be doing that in some form.  I'm not sure that practice sessions won't be better for the team than scrambling to play a half dozen games.

If they had simply resumed the full season, our next handful of games we have included playing Cleveland, Washington and Golden State with really high potential for outright tanking.  Just not sure the value from that compares with the season having naturally continued for two weeks or whatever where teams were all in form, fit and ready to go.

• Like 1