• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Consensus #6 pick

Spud2nique

Consensus #6 pick  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Hawks get the 6th pick, who ya got?

• Killian Hayes
    • Tyrese Haliburton
    • Deni Avdija
    • Isaac Okoro
    • Cole Anthony
    • Devin Vassell
    • Aaron Nesmith
    • RJ Hampton
    • Precious Achiuwa
    • Tyrese Maxey

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/2020 at 07:00 PM

I have to do a write in for the 6th pick. Obi Toppin.

His aggregate is 5th and 5 out of 10 ( 50% ) of the listed mocks below have him going 6th or lower.

https://hoopshype.com/2020/04/04/2020-aggregate-nba-mock-draft-5-0-international-prospects-are-rising/

Outside of Edwards, Wiseman, and Ball who seem to be the only top five locks, this is a tough draft to gauge.

The top 5 for me is easy: Edwards, Toppin, Big O, Okoro, and Deni. 

After that, it becomes difficult. Melo is obviously a trade option. But is a PG really worth a 1st rounder considering how minutes available at that spot. 

Wiseman isn't a fit for Atlanta and we don't need a true center. 

The rest of the positions just aren't that good. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Deni

I dunno about this guy. I understand the saavy but something is missing and I can’t put my finger on it. 

To me, he’s not a top 5 pick, like Haliburton isn’t. Haliburton 6-10 for me and Deni 8-12 for me if we trade down. I’m not spending a top 5 pick on that guy.

This is coming from someone who had Luka as the best prospect in 2018.

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I dunno about this guy. I understand the saavy but something is missing and I can’t put my finger on it. 

To me, he’s not a top 5 pick, like Haliburton isn’t. Haliburton 6-10 for me and Deni 8-12 for me if we trade down. I’m not spending a top 5 pick on that guy.

This is coming from someone who had Luka as the best prospect in 2018.

I am not the biggest Deni fan either but his defensive versatility plus passing and dribbling for a 6'9 player does interest me. Anyone who can guard big wings will always have my interest even if I am not sure they can do it day 1

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

defensive versatility

Wow. If he’s got that I may need to take another in depth look. That changes some things a bit. Still don’t like his shooting percentages but I think he’s somebody that would improve his shot based on his practice habits and time put in.

From Stepien on his D.

Defensive Role: Combo F who, if he gets stronger, will be physical enough to defend both at a solid level. Has nice awareness / rotations to protect the rim, but his lack of pop and poor measurements will limit his effectiveness here. Smart rotations on the perimeter as well. Will likely not be a high level defender, but he won’t be someone you have to hide – above average, solid defender.

I'll stick with Hayes here. Okoro, Haliburton, Anthony, Maxey, Vassell and Nesmith, Deni all interest me too, have a lot of trouble picking between them. If Wiseman can pick and pop he's also interesting 

Edit: the question in this draft is who can overcome their one or two big flaws. Somebody like Barrett last year just never had it IMO, but a lot of these guys are a skill away from being valuable

Edited by TheFuzz

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow. If he’s got that I may need to take another in depth look. That changes some things a bit. Still don’t like his shooting percentages but I think he’s somebody that would improve his shot based on his practice habits and time put in.

From Stepien on his D.

Defensive Role: Combo F who, if he gets stronger, will be physical enough to defend both at a solid level. Has nice awareness / rotations to protect the rim, but his lack of pop and poor measurements will limit his effectiveness here. Smart rotations on the perimeter as well. Will likely not be a high level defender, but he won’t be someone you have to hide – above average, solid defender.

I think you can find a 30-something year old, cigarette-smokin Euroleague baller that'll give you everything Deni does but he'll shoot it better and won't cost you a lotto pick.

Also, I listened to another podcast and heard something startling on my guy Haliburton.  Mike(?) Babcock was the guest, hist was Sam Veccinne(sp?).

Sam said he spoke to multiple Big12 coaches who said they knew they could attack Haliburton off the dribble.  Said his defense is overrated because of high center of gravity and questionable lateral movement.  Not that he's a bad defender, just that people have overrated him in that regard.

Also, on Cole Anthony, Babcock said he's basically Austin Rivers.  Said he's heard some bad things about him as a teammate. 

Honestly feels like overkill on Anthony.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think you can find a 30-something year old, cigarette-smokin Euroleague baller that'll give you everything Deni does but he'll shoot it better and won't cost you a lotto pick.

I guess you played at the park with us back in the day. Remember Juanito? The 45 year old dude who stank of alcohol 🍺 but had an unguardable fade-away?  

Ahhhh those were the days. I agree I’m a skeptical 🤨 of Deni. Hype is big on Euros but for every Luka you get a _________. 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Honestly feels like overkill on Anthony.

I almost didn’t even want to include his name in the poll. Have everyone move up a spot and put Siddiq Bey or somebody instead of him. 

Cole Anthony might be destined for ...oh boy..you guessed it, his dad’s Knicks. How’s that to kickoff a busted career. I can totally see the Austin Rivers comp. Rivers might be one of the worst players overall in the league imo.

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I guess you played at the park with us back in the day. Remember Juanito? The 45 year old dude who stank of alcohol 🍺 but had an unguardable fade-away?  

Ahhhh those were the days. I agree I’m a skeptical 🤨 of Deni. Hype is big on Euros but for every Luka you get a _________. 

Mine was Gus.  Gus was like 5'6" with an unstoppable post game.  That dude fouled with the force of an elephant on "defense" but never admitted to any of them.

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I almost didn’t even want to include his name in the poll. Have everyone move up a spot and put Siddiq Bey or somebody instead of him. 

Cole Anthony might be destined for ...oh boy..you guessed it, his dad’s Knicks. How’s that to kickoff a busted career. I can totally see the Austin Rivers comp. Rivers might be one of the worst players overall in the league imo.

Austin settled into a good reserve guard.  Was just overhyped due to his last name.  Would make an excellent backup for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope fans will temper expectations of any player selected outside of the top 5 (probably top 2 or 3). 

I think we will be able to find a serviceable player that can make a positive contribution, but I doubt they will be a world beater.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Mine was Gus.  Gus was like 5'6" with an unstoppable post game.  That dude fouled with the force of an elephant on "defense" but never admitted to any of them.

🤣 Gus with the 🐘 fouls. 🤣 we had Gus but he was all ⚾️ 

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Would make an excellent backup for us.

I dunno. I’d be ok not getting him. 😐 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

🤣 Gus with the 🐘 fouls. 🤣 we had Gus but he was all ⚾️ 

I dunno. I’d be ok not getting him. 😐 

I'd challenge you to look at him objectively.  That's hard considering he's got a punchable mug.  But he's actually a good player now that he has a role and has accepted he's not a superstar.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

punchable mug. 

He’s getting progressively better throughout the years for sure but sometimes when I’m watching 🚀 games, and I watch a ton of them, he makes 🦴 headed plays that a high school 🏀 er might.

I think he works with his timeline and the Rockets 🚀 match well and they have locker room (mouths not necessarily leadership) to keep him in check.

With us, he could revert to evil  👿 Ralph (Austin’s twin and alter ego who thinks he’s a superstar) and do too much for us which includes too many turnovers which would add up to losses.

• 2 months later...