• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Consensus #7 pick

Spud2nique

Consensus #7 pick  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Hawks get the 7th pick, who ya got?

• Killian Hayes
    • Tyrese Haliburton
    • Deni Avdija
    • Cole Anthony
    • Devin Vassell
    • Aaron Nesmith
    • RJ Hampton
    • Precious Achiuwa
    • Tyrese Maxey
    • Saddiq Bey

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2020 at 07:00 PM

Don’t sleep on Vassell. I’m taking him here ahead of Haliburton and Hayes. This is where a GM should gamble and Vassell might be one of the sleepers in the draft. 

Kind of falling hard for this prospect.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Don’t sleep on Vassell. I’m taking him here ahead of Haliburton and Hayes. This is where a GM should gamble and Vassell might be one of the sleepers in the draft. 

I went with Vassell here too, which represents a departure from my prior thinking.  Based on all I've been hearing about these guys, I've trended down on Haliburton/Hayes.

I heard a guy describe Vassell as being another Danny Green.  That he's a top 10 prospect is a testament to the quality of this draft.  That said, he should be a useful player.  He comes in with a ready-made position and role.  Plus has some upside.

This is a "aw f*ck it, let's take 'im" kind of pick.  Not really enamored with anyone in this draft.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I heard a guy describe Vassell as being another Danny Green.  That he's a top 10 prospect is a testament to the quality of this draft.  That said, he should be a useful player.

I heard the Danny Green comparison too but when I watch him on tape he’s much more aggressively than Green. He’s pretty explosive on dunks and alley oops, I don’t think Danny Green was ever this explosive.  He also plays team defense which our team is lacking like Danny Green.

I was down on Okoro last week. But put me back up for Okoro this week and this Vassell kid. 

We need to shore up some team defense!

• Like 1

7th - Onyeka Okongwu. I almost took him over Toppin at 6 and that was a coin toss that Toppin won.

@Spud2nique I wish you would have used the aggregate top ten a little longer. I can easily see taking players like Wiseman, Ball, and Edwards out of the polls after the top 7; but not players like Toppin and Okongwu.

It is a Squawk draft. I think history always favors the bigs here; so they are going early and often.

My picks so far:

Edwards, Wiseman, Ball, Haliburton, Hayes, Toppin, Okongwu

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

7th - Onyeka Okongwu. I almost took him over Toppin at 6 and that was a coin toss that Toppin won.

@Spud2nique I wish you would have used the aggregate top ten a little longer. I can easily see taking players like Wiseman, Ball, and Edwards out of the polls after the top 7; but not players like Toppin and Okongwu.

It is a Squawk draft. I think history always favors the bigs here; so they are going early and often.

My picks so far:

Edwards, Wiseman, Ball, Haliburton, Hayes, Toppin, Okongwu

@Buzzard Spud is doing this so that each player that gets taken in the prior round of this comes off the board.  Why would you leave someone on the board for the 7th pick who the Squawk took with the 6th pick?

If you didn't do that, you would just get a repeat of the prior round.  

6 hours ago, AHF said:

@Buzzard Spud is doing this so that each player that gets taken in the prior round of this comes off the board.  Why would you leave someone on the board for the 7th pick who the Squawk took with the 6th pick?

So it sounds like his vote is Haliburton since that's the only one listed that is available at the current pick.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 3:09 PM, Spud2nique said:

Thing is it s gonna be hard to find minutes at the 2 next year with Cam and Huerter.......If he could play some 1 or 3 maybe....lol

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AHF said:

I did not realize that. For some reason I thought it was so everyone could do their own mock and see who actually gets close when the draft is held. Plus end up with a aggregate as well. Totally own me for misunderstanding that.

11 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I did not realize that. For some reason I thought it was so everyone could do their own mock and see who actually gets close when the draft is held. Plus end up with a aggregate as well. Totally own me for misunderstanding that.

Ya this is just a group consensus. I was hoping to do another one when the draft gets closer to have each squawker put down their 1-8 picks (or even 1-14 if we trade down) with their individual list.

Your boy Haliburton is gonna win this one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

I'm a Cole Anthony fan. I think he will transition well in the NBA and can guard 1's and 2's in the NBA. He would be a good fit with Trae.

That's not what any of the experts have said about him.  It's pretty much the opposite of what folks are saying.

I'm not arguing with you, just passing along what I've heard/read.